nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've found that my family is totally ignorant about drugs and their effects for example believing that weed is a hard drug and will addict you. But that's not surprising given they come from a Christian third world, conservative country. I'm for example jealous of a girl my age who has parents that let her smoke weed at home and her mother even joins in. She's not some trashy parent, they're actually quite wealthy and successful seeing as the daughter travels across the world.

I experienced a bad drug addiction spell two years ago with benzos and alcohol but I'm generally fine with weed, alcohol, and nicotine.

Reactions: kkatt, Green Destiny, UglyMutt and 1 other person
oneofthoseyoudontwan

oneofthoseyoudontwan

Life has no meaning if you can't feel love
Mar 7, 2020
I've abused drugs a lot, there are more dangerous drugs than others, that can ruin you if you had an addict profile, in my house they are full antidrugs, but no problem with alcohol, my mum abuse this drug a lot.

I hate that my family and even my psych thinks that my depression and suicidal problems are a result of drug problem, i can tell you that drugs are definitely not what puts me here.

I don't defending them you have to know that they have it's ups and downs, and there are one's more harmful than others

They are part of life and it's up to you what you decide to do with them.

Don't use drugs as a problem resolver or to cope, they will put you way more down and you can get addicted.

Less is more

Reactions: kkatt and BlackPoppet
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I think weed is less harmful than alcohol.

My parents were teetotalers, but didn't care that I drank as an adult, and I am fortunate that alcoholism was never an issue for me. They would have had a shit fit if they'd known how many years I smoked weed.

Reactions: kkatt, BlackPoppet, Yomyom and 3 others
tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
My views on drugs are pretty liberal, there are plenty of illegal drugs that are less dangerous than alcohol or nicotine. I personally won't touch the heavier stuff that can get you addicted, but as long as someone knows the risks and are willing to take those risks I won't judge.

I'm actually not sure about my family's views views on drugs. I think my father wouldn't mind, my mother and sibling on the other hand I believe are pretty antidrugs. They are the stereotypical upper middle class, thinking that tattoos and similar are trashy, so I'll have to assume they wouldn't be okay with drugs either.

Reactions: kkatt, BlackPoppet and Yomyom
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Girlfriends really snooty about it. Looks down her nose at me for smoking weed. It's a dependency. If I had to choose she makes it easier to choose weed

• Hugs
Reactions: oneofthoseyoudontwan, kkatt, Green Destiny and 2 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Lol weed is one of the least addicting substances imo.

Ive picked up the habit of weed smoking and dropped it cold turkey multiple times with absolutely no problem whatsoever. It has never been difficult for me to stop smoking weed.

Whereas changing your diet and losing weight on the other hand.....holy crap that is way more difficult to do. For a few weeks you constantly feel hungry, every night you crave getting junk food, fast food, takeout, etc. It really sucks. I mean the benefit you get from eating healthier and being at a healthy weight is definitely worth it but you have to have a lot of willpower to stop yourself from eating all kinds of delicious foods that you crave.

I think the fundamental difference is that I crave all kinds of food that is bad for me whereas I never crave smoking weed. I can simply tell myself "nope I'm not going to smoke weed" and I don't. That internal battle that I struggle with when I'm on a diet simply doesn't happen when I stop smoking.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I think moderation and sensible use is key to drug use, but very addictive drugs like heroin i'd say might be a bad idea all together as it seems so easy to quickly develop a damaging addiction. My dad took drugs in his youth but never in front of me and never encouraged drug use (he drank but wasn't alcoholic). My mother neither drank or did drugs and is anti drugs but never preached about it. I hid my drug use for many years from my mother, she didn't freak out when she found out, it was more like wondering why i took them and disappointment i think and i felt i'd let her down.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkatt, BlackPoppet and Yomyom
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
Ignorant. Completely against any natural growing psychotropic drug like weed and mushrooms... I was always threatened with homelessness when the other kids were experimenting with these things. Whilst I was given alcohol at 4 years old. And even though my existence was blamed for every problem and addiction of my parents (father's alcoholism) I was the worst person in the world for becoming a chronic alcoholic by the age of 21. Self imposed unenlightened, narrow mindedness. Parents/family are overated, they are another addiction... and like drugs once they've got their hook in to you you're anchored. Kids are lucky these days, they can bring themselves up with the internet.
Many of us Didn't have that luxury.

• Aww..
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I've taken plenty of different types of drugs. My family are against them. My brother no longer even drinks. ( recreational) My sister no longer goes clubbing, my dad drink occasionally and I used to be an alcoholic and speed addict.
My mum was a good Catholic girl. And I'm glad she never took drugs. She did go through a phase when I was a child of drinking on top of her meds... yeah I know.... bad right! Getting completely ratarsed and acting a fool. Years later I did the same thing. I don't anymore. I had 2 drinks for my birthday recently and that's it. I used to drink 3-4 times a week and get black out drunk and act a fool. I stopped all that 5 years ago. I only drink occasionally now. No drugs apart from the occasional joint. I think weed should be legalised for medicinal and recreational use.

Reactions: kkatt and terry_a_davis
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
No drugs apart from the occasional joint. I think weed should be legalised for medicinal and recreational use.

In my time zone, your comment was posted at 4:20...

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
UglyMutt

UglyMutt

Apr 8, 2020
Thc has helped me with anxiety and depression so much but my parents are extremely against it so until I move out, I just have to keep it super down low

RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
Never abused drugs but my personal view is that we all have ways to deal with life; drug use is simply deemed wrong by society.

I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
All drugs, even weed, are addictive if you hate your life. Even movies, video games, and music will be addictive if you use them as an escape.

If you aren't busy and need something to fill your time, destructive habits will find their way in one way or another. If you don't find any constructive habits to take their place.

Reactions: oneside, kkatt, BlackPoppet and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I have never tried any drugs, not even weed, despite living at one point with a guy who grew his own weed and smoked every day.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think most all of them should be legalized in some capacity. As long as you're not hurting anyone but yourself then why should it matter?

Psychedelics and marijuana have very valid medicinal uses. Everyone should experience these two atleast once.

Reactions: kkatt, BlackPoppet and Green Destiny
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Ah ok sorry! I was slow on the uptake! Lol!

Over in Britain we say " let's skin up"
Lol at uni we had a big board with the words 'skin up' Written on it in marker. We used it to skin up funnily enough. Was fun explaining that one when pc plod came around.

Alcoholic. Ruined health ans life. That's why I'm here. I'll never touch another drop, ever. Wish I'd never started. I had some amazing times and none of it was worth the price I'm paying now. I'd so love a pint right now.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Yes I used to be an alcoholic too. I smoked weed constantly for 9 months straight, so I was addicted to that as well. I was a amphetamine addict for 2 years. I was raving twice a week on speed. If I wasn't raving me and my friend would take speed 3-4 times a week. Then I was doing it every day 4 times a day and was a full addict for 2/12 years.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
All things considered i'm in a very laid back family when it comes to most drugs. Both my parents were quite the partakers in alcohol and drugs growing up in the 70's (my mom was a Deadhead) and were fine with me smoking weed in highschool. Honestly I don't mind most drugs as I'm very open minded about them, alcohol and cigarettes are far more money consuming and addicting so i've never really touched them. My dad had bad alcoholism especially when he was getting divorced from my mom, now he stays away from the stuff. The intense stuff I.E Heroin, Crack etc of course are bad imo.

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I' was a Raver in the 90s in England.
Drugs I used to keep me dancing all night were, Speed, Ecstasy, weed, and occasionally cocaine. I drank at the Raves too.
In 2009 I smoked Crack recreationally and I snorted coke a lot. I've tried ketamine, but I wasn't keen on it.
Drugs I would never try are Methamphetamine and Herion.
actually I did chase the dragon... on foil strip once. I was drunk and I wanted to try it. So I tried heroin one time, it was the last time. I wouldn't do it ever again.
I used to use acid and Microdots. I did a lot of acid,in my teens. I did shrooms about 4-5times. I believe shrooms helped me with my depression, for about 6 months I was a brand new person. After the 6 months passed, my depression came back.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkatt
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Apart from when I was pregnant/nursing,I have used drugs every day of my adult life. I still believe alcohol is the most dangerous substance. I knew my kids would want to try things at some point. So I asked them to come to me at least,so I knew they were not getting robbed or poisoned.
My older relatives know,but like a lot of others,are highly ignorant of the facts
Probably shoulda mentioned,but honestly forgot,the 20 yr long heroin habit. Of all the drugs I tried (which is almost everythihng except methamphetamine which i have an irrational fear of), it's the only one that has ever given me withdrawal symptoms. And my god,it's BAD

Last edited:
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Lol weed is one of the least addicting substances imo.

Ive picked up the habit of weed smoking and dropped it cold turkey multiple times with absolutely no problem whatsoever. It has never been difficult for me to stop smoking weed.

Whereas changing your diet and losing weight on the other hand.....holy crap that is way more difficult to do. For a few weeks you constantly feel hungry, every night you crave getting junk food, fast food, takeout, etc. It really sucks. I mean the benefit you get from eating healthier and being at a healthy weight is definitely worth it but you have to have a lot of willpower to stop yourself from eating all kinds of delicious foods that you crave.

I think the fundamental difference is that I crave all kinds of food that is bad for me whereas I never crave smoking weed. I can simply tell myself "nope I'm not going to smoke weed" and I don't. That internal battle that I struggle with when I'm on a diet simply doesn't happen when I stop smoking.
The problem is you have to eat. Just you are obviously having to employ moderation which is super hard.
IMO,weed is not addictive. You night feel a little tense when you stop as you are used to it's calming effects. Apart from that it's not a physical addiction. However,I'm sure you can become dependent upon it. Drugs are OK if you control them,but once they start to control you,you're in trouble.

• Love
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I think weed can be Psychologically addictive for some. It's not physically addictive though.