CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
What is the point in clinging to recovery if the assholes who are meant to help you do anything but that? I have had the possibility of DBT therapy being my saviour shoved down my throat like the fucking gospel. I was told to "just hold on, the waiting lists are extremely long but at the end of it is an almost 2 year long intensive therapy, perfectly designed for people just like you and that will change your life." So I waited. And waited. For fucking years. Just to get to the assessment to find out if i will even be accepted to the service. The assessment was traumatic and horrible but I held on the the idea that it was all for something. I waited weeks afterwards to find out if I was accepted or not, just to be told "Yes, we can offer you treatment... an 11 week group to 'think about thinking' in a years time."

Ive been refused support in between this because this 'magical' therapy is all that will help me. Ive been fobbed off by every other mental health worker and doctor, refused medical reviews or even basic counselling. I have been actively discouraged from going back to college or getting a job or paying for treatment for other issues as it would be "too overwhelming with DBT, its a huge commitment and a priority" and if I did i may be removed from the waiting list. I do agree that I've not been well enough for work or education but I could've been receiving help to get back to that. Instead, I put my entire life on hold and continued to fall apart with nobody there to support me.

Im just fucking done.

• Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, not4us, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
External recovery services can leave much to be desired, it's true. The worst experiences are when they do more harm than good. It's an unfair lottery. We didn't ask to be in this position, we never asked for this.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are in this situation, it sounds very frustrating. No one should have to go through this. Everyone should be able to get the support that they need. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Cheryven and Suicidebydeath