Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Most online spaces from what I have seen is very accepting of lgbtq+ while irl it is a whole different story... Hence why I am open about my sexuality online but tend to keep it more to myself irl.

Also sorry I wrote no intro, I am too tired to think of one. I think the headline should be good enough tho.

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz and moshimoshi
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
My ability to communicate

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, Alexei_Kirillov and EmptyHeaded
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
My persona

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Most online spaces from what I have seen is very accepting of lgbtq+ while irl it is a whole different story... Hence why I am open about my sexuality online but tend to keep it more to myself irl.

I would say the difference there is that online you have more freedom to pick who you are associating with. There are certainly corners of the internet that are not accepting, and I'd take my chances getting dropped in a random place IRL v. a random place on the internet if I want to be around accepting people. Most people are decent, even if they don't fully understand.

Also sorry I wrote no intro, I am too tired to think of one. I think the headline should be good enough tho.
You're absolutely fine. You introduced the topic well enough.

As for my answer, the biggest difference imo is the connection between people. There's something real about a handshake or hug from someone in-person who can look you in the eye while they listen to you that can't be duplicated over chat. Even video call doesn't cut it.

There's also something about having a real conversation where you go back and forth, not saying one quick thing on one site then turning your attention to another conversation then getting bored with one person so you hop somewhere else rather than respond. It helps with understanding. People can be very different but also grow a lot by finding common ground and understanding why they are different or disagree. That happens online sometimes, but it's much easier online to stick to a place where you know people agree with you so you won't be challenged or have to look inward.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
As for my answer, the biggest difference imo is the connection between people. There's something real about a handshake or hug from someone in-person who can look you in the eye while they listen to you that can't be duplicated over chat. Even video call doesn't cut it.

There's also something about having a real conversation where you go back and forth, not saying one quick thing on one site then turning your attention to another conversation then getting bored with one person so you hop somewhere else rather than respond. It helps with understanding. People can be very different but also grow a lot by finding common ground and understanding why they are different or disagree. That happens online sometimes, but it's much easier online to stick to a place where you know people agree with you so you won't be challenged or have to look inward.
Yeah, the difference between reading pixels on a screen and actually being able to look someone in the eyes and just be in their presence is incredible.

• Love
Reactions: robotomy, derpyderpins and moshimoshi
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
The treatment of disabled or mentally ill individuals is a lot different online then in real life.

Online people are very accepting and understanding, while in real life people couldn't give less of a shit.

Reactions: eatantz, m4rius and robotomy