ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Do any of you wish or wonder what if you were born as an animal or a plant... a fish, or a dog or a bird or a butterfly or any other organism... so that you experience life and this world in ways that humans cannot even imagine?

Probably the range of emotions and thoughts would be very limited, its likely that the need to be loved, the desire to be wanted and to be happy wouldn't be such a big deal. The expectations, laws and attitudes of society wouldn't apply. There wouldn't be any birthdays or Valentine's day and maybe no mourning for the dead.

No concept of money, no marriage, no divorce, no exams, no shrinks, no government, no internet, no music, no movies, no novels, no cars, no countries, no fashion, no shopping, no debate over suicide... just infinite ignorance and the bliss that comes with it... live with only primitive emotions and very basic needs of food, to reproduce and to be safe from predators.

This evening when the sun had set, in the crimson sky I saw hundreds of birds migrating towards warmer regions, and this thought appeared in my mind... what if we remained as an animal and the evolution didn't make things so complicated.

Why did we alienate ourselves from all the rest of living beings... why did we create all these things that make us sad as much as happy?

Last edited:
Reactions: protonic76, samarra, intheend and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If I was not born as a human being, I would probably wish to be polar bear or something, living far away from humans, in secluded places. Considering that I would spawn as an animal, I suppose the desires of the human mind wouldn't exist. I would simply be going by instincts and urges (eat, sleep, procreate, defend, and eventually die off). The down side from this (coming from a human point of view) is the lack of ability to reason through things and/or choose a painless death. Sometimes I'd like to have control over my day to day life and such as well as death itself, but as an animal, it would be hard to get the former and especially the latter.

Reactions: mediocre and Moonicide