sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Being back the summer from school and playing games all day

It's funny how I have so much free time now but I don't do that anymore. Tbh games just don't feel the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Saturn_, Hotsackage and 4 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I hope you can get a joyful feeling again someday, through games or otherwise.

But there is something special about those days. Summer break is such a surreal concept once you're grown.

Reactions: iloverachel and sserafim
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
Being back the summer from school and playing games all day

It's funny how I have so much free time now but I don't do that anymore. Tbh games just don't feel the same.
Same. I remember when FNV came out, my friends and I played on separate TVs in the same house the entire summer. Can't even tell you how many hours we all put into various CODs.

Gaming was one of the few hobbies I had. Slowly lost interest over time, that really sucked losing that, it was a massive hit.

But I've heard from other tail-end millennials and even GenXers that games aren't the same as the used to be. The quality and effort put into them has tanked, significantly. Plus, micro transactions, other pay to play aspects and overall commercialization.

I remember when you had to grind and absolutely no-life it to unlock cool stuff.

Reactions: sserafim
L

lizzywizzy09

Arcanist
May 11, 2024
I love gaming but life sucked the joy out of even that for me.

Reactions: sserafim and DeathWish3301
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That's just what being an adult can be like if you're lucky enough. I hated how I'd have to wait til summer to get to have any fun, what with all the bugs and the horrible heat waves outside. Playing games at home in the middle of winter is way more comfy.

L

lizzywizzy09

Arcanist
May 11, 2024
Sucks that I can't even enjoy simple pleasures anymore.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Same. I remember when FNV came out, my friends and I played on separate TVs in the same house the entire summer. Can't even tell you how many hours we all put into various CODs.

Gaming was one of the few hobbies I had. Slowly lost interest over time, that really sucked losing that, it was a massive hit.

But I've heard from other tail-end millennials and even GenXers that games aren't the same as the used to be. The quality and effort put into them has tanked, significantly. Plus, micro transactions, other pay to play aspects and overall commercialization.

I remember when you had to grind and absolutely no-life it to unlock cool stuff.
Unlocks were great. I think about something like Melee where most of the roster needed to be unlocked.

I don't know if it's that effort went down. It's just misplaced. Effort goes into everything other than "what makes the game fun?"