I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
I wonder why there's a need to compare pains and sufferings?

Of course there will be different level of pains when you compare to others and within yourself. But that should be the only thing to compare, only with yourself.

Someone I knew said he's been fighting for 15years, so that invalidates my six plus years of suffering and misery? That I haven't suffered enough to say I want to die? I haven't earned it?

Yet others are quick to say well there are people in worse conditions, like people caught in war. Well yes, but if that's what you can say after I tell you my story then it's that bad? Where do you draw the line? I can easily say that my life is worse than celebrities. But it's not productive. We need to stop being competitive because we all have different life experiences and the cards dealt to us as well.

The only logical thing is reflect on your own life, surround yourself with compassionate people, try to find a few things that can light up enough to make you try a bit harder. But I know sometimes that's not even possible. So take it easy. It's okay. Be kind to yourself. Eat your favorite food, watch some happy shows, curl up under your blanket and cry. Don't let anyone invalidate your pain.

Person A's pain can be a solid 10.
Person B's pain can be 1+2+1+3+2+1=10. A gradual thing.

Meditating and coloring are therapeutic for some, like myself, as well as watching all the adorable kitty videos YouTube can throw at me.

What has worked for you?

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, Circles, Final Escape and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
music.

to go back to you're point. i only have 2 explanations for that. one is when you're hurting but another persons also hurting, they feel as if their invalidated and not of importance simply because you're hurting, thus try to one up you at times to make it seem like whatever there going through is worse and that they should be the ones being felt sorry for, not you.

on the other hand, sometimes people mistakenly invalidate the pain and suffering of someone and what there going through by saying stuff like "oh but theres others going through it, theres kids starving, this and that" to try and make someone feel less alone and have people realize that they arent alone in this fight and others feel their pain.

though i do feel like the invalidation of someones feelings by others is just a lack of compassion and empathy. people fail to feel deeply and hardly expand the limits of their empathy, thus resulting in being insensitive and inconsiderate of others and having such close-minded responses that invalidate someones feelings.

I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
music.

to go back to you're point. i only have 2 explanations for that. one is when you're hurting but another persons also hurting, they feel as if their invalidated and not of importance simply because you're hurting, thus try to one up you at times to make it seem like whatever there going through is worse and that they should be the ones being felt sorry for, not you.

on the other hand, sometimes people mistakenly invalidate the pain and suffering of someone and what there going through by saying stuff like "oh but theres others going through it, theres kids starving, this and that" to try and make someone feel less alone and have people realize that they arent alone in this fight and others feel their pain.

though i do feel like the invalidation of someones feelings by others is just a lack of compassion and empathy. people fail to feel deeply and hardly expand the limits of their empathy, thus resulting in being insensitive and inconsiderate of others and having such close-minded responses that invalidate someones feelings.
Makes complete sense. I've tried telling myself, they are saying that to tell me I'm not alone but sometimes it's how they say rather what they say. And their time of voice definitely gives away their intentions.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Makes complete sense. I've tried telling myself, they are saying that to tell me I'm not alone but sometimes it's how they say rather what they say. And their time of voice definitely gives away their intentions.
definitely true, its smart of yourself in questioning and being critical of anyone and everything. saves you heartbreak and the suprise of being blindsided in the future and being hurt. however, there are times where we unfortunately sometimes just overthink such things as well with the influence of our negativity; where we believe everything somehow has a bad attached :(.

I

I'm exhausted

Jul 12, 2019
definitely true, its smart of yourself in questioning and being critical of anyone and everything. saves you heartbreak and the suprise of being blindsided in the future and being hurt. however, there are times where we unfortunately sometimes just overthink such things as well with the influence of our negativity; where we believe everything somehow has a bad attached :(.
Agreed. My anxiety and my past experiences make me doubt everyone and their intentions. I feel so jaded and untrusting of others.

RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
nothing. its simple.

• Hugs
Reactions: I'm exhausted