Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
When you're in that funk where moving and interacting seems like the hardest thing there is. You just want to lay there in the dark and let oblivion be your company... But you don't. You say something like;
'C'mon, be the man you want to be' and even though you don't want to, you force yourself in to the grind.
Where does that depression go?

Reactions: Nutshell
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
It gets stronger until you address it. Either with medication or other drugs, but from my experience it never really goes away. And the meds can actually make it worse.

Reactions: Inferdan, Fragile and Nutshell
BizarreBazaar

BizarreBazaar

Student
Feb 26, 2020
It's still there in the background while you're putting on a happy face waiting to come back out at any chance.

Reactions: Meena, Inferdan, Dead beat dad and 2 others
Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
Think I felt the physical transition of this while I was on the bus to work the other day. I was already feeling my worst- overly sensitive, emotional. Then I overheard a conversation between a family behind me that really got to me. The Dad kept swearing and being blunt. The mum kept trying to have a rational convo but was struggling the kid was patently ignored.
I heard the little boy say 3 times "I love you" I heard nothing else, no response during that moment.
The aggy convo continued on to the Dad's stop where he proceed to the stairs (double decker) I heard Mum say "so I/ we will see you later then yeah? At home?"
To which his only words were loud and clear "YEAH YOU FUCKING BETTER BE!" and stormed off. I death stared that mother fucker right on out.
No words to the kid from either of them. Nada. Zilch.
Kid proceeds to cry for his Daddy and he "wishes he was coming to the party"
That was it I was silently balling at this stage, quiet tears of anguish.
Mum half arsed tried to comfort and yeah...she wasn't that effective (kid could be any where between 6-9) nor seemingly that emotionally tuned in to her sons patent emotion.
By the time I came to my stop I wiped away my tears (wishing I had a packet of sweets any shitty little thing to offer this kid but I didn't so I left it), clicked my neck, my joints, took a deep breath and got off the bus same way I usually did. I felt the lump over the next hour go from that sticky bit in your throat all the way down to my gut. There it remained like a smouldering methane rock until I got home.

Reactions: Dead Horse, Inferdan and Dead beat dad
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Think I felt the physical transition of this while I was on the bus to work the other day. I was already feeling my worst- overly sensitive, emotional. Then I overheard a conversation between a family behind me that really got to me. The Dad kept swearing and being blunt. The mum kept trying to have a rational convo but was struggling the kid was patently ignored.
I heard the little boy say 3 times "I love you" I heard nothing else, no response during that moment.
The aggy convo continued on to the Dad's stop where he proceed to the stairs (double decker) I heard Mum say "so I/ we will see you later then yeah? At home?"
To which his only words were loud and clear "YEAH YOU FUCKING BETTER BE!" and stormed off. I death stared that mother fucker right on out.
No words to the kid from either of them. Nada. Zilch.
Kid proceeds to cry for his Daddy and he "wishes he was coming to the party"
That was it I was silently balling at this stage, quiet tears of anguish.
Mum half arsed tried to comfort and yeah...she wasn't that effective (kid could be any where between 6-9) nor seemingly that emotionally tuned in to her sons patent emotion.
By the time I came to my stop I wiped away my tears (wishing I had a packet of sweets any shitty little thing to offer this kid but I didn't so I left it), clicked my neck, my joints, took a deep breath and got off the bus same way I usually did. I felt the lump over the next hour go from that sticky bit in your throat all the way down to my gut. There it remained like a smouldering methane rock until I got home.
Some people can be so awful, I'm sorry you had this experience, respect brother

Reactions: Inferdan and Nutshell
enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
whenever i do that my depression hangs out in my subconscious until it amalgamates and i'm forced to address it again.

Reactions: Dead beat dad