• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
What happens if you attempt suicide and survive, while you're in Probation? If i survive, will it make things more complicated?
If i fail to successfully complete Probation period, then i may face jail sentence. Will this still be the case in the event of suicide attempt?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Probably something you'd have to check with your probation officer. I wouldn't tell him or her, but just try and find out if you're sick or in the hospital and can provide proof, does it impact your probation. There might be some info online or on reddit perhaps. I expect people have been in similar situations.

Reactions: beyondnumb
B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
i don't think i can ask my probation officer without getting under a suspicion..
Does anyone else know without asking probation officer about this issue..

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
They will probably put u in psych hold or back in the clink for a bit. This is just my guess. One those two guaranteed. Possibly stricter supervision for awhile too.

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
Okay. thanks for all the responses so far.. so the bottom line is that things would become more complicated if suicide attempt is survived..

purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
i don't think i can ask my probation officer without getting under a suspicion..
Does anyone else know without asking probation officer about this issue..

Ask a criminal defense attorney, they probably would know.

HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
From what I understand in the united states if you break ANY law you can go back so maybe?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
From what I understand in the united states if you break ANY law you can go back so maybe?

Attempting suicide isn't a crime in the US anymore, though, unless you break laws in the process. Whether it would affect probation would probably depend on how much my failure screwed me up and for how long, and whether any witnesses would report me. If I wound up in the hospital I'd expect to get put on a psych ward for a few days at least.

Be careful, @beyondnumb. (((Hug)))

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
The time that I attempted while on probation just got me sent to a psych hospital, but I did nothing illegal in the process (tried hanging). I would assume that it would depend on if you were doing anything considered illegal to kill yourself. Then again, every person's probation is different and so is the officer in charge. Good luck, I hope you can find your answer!

Reactions: NotSoComfortablyNumb, forever21 and Soul
Return2Dust

Return2Dust

Experienced
Sep 28, 2019
You would get sent to a psych hospital, not to jail. I know this for a fact. Worked for a defense lawyer for years. Examples: Overdose of pills, slit wrists and failed carbon monoxide poisoning.
What happens if you attempt suicide and survive, while you're in Probation? If i survive, will it make things more complicated?
If i fail to successfully complete Probation period, then i may face jail sentence. Will this still be the case in the event of suicide attempt?
Even a suicidal heroin overdose, but that one was tricky. Judge was pissed. She didn't believe overdose was on purpose. Lawyer was good. Client got rehab for 2nd time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NotSoComfortablyNumb, thelastchicken, forever21 and 1 other person
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
You would get sent to a psych hospital, not to jail. I know this for a fact. Worked for a defense lawyer for years. Examples: Overdose of pills, slit wrists and failed carbon monoxide poisoning.

Even a suicidal heroin overdose, but that one was tricky. Judge was pissed. She didn't believe overdose was on purpose. Lawyer was good. Client got rehab for 2nd time.
But might that depend on how good a lawyer you manage to get assigned ?