Kobusu

Kobusu

Writer
Oct 18, 2021
What does it mean to be enough for someone? To give enough? How much do we have to give exactly? I apologize for this rant, I just don't understand. I'm going to get personal so I understand if you don't read past this point.

You can give everything to someone and still not be enough. I met the woman I love when I was 17, and I was at a place where I had settled on killing myself the second I had become an adult. By chance, we stumbled into each other's lives and I was asked to stay. Like a fool, I agreed to, and over the next three years, I gave my everything to them. I gave them all of my person, all of my money and time and energy even while being in college and working. I gave them the last years of my youth, and foolishly I allowed myself to be tricked into believe that maybe, for once, I had found someone who had truly loved me. Who had seen something in me worth loving. I allowed this person to get me to feel safe. Even at the worst of times, I never expected how horribly this would all end. I never expected that I was there simply until "something better" came along. Someone else who would sit up long nights, helping them work through their disorders, their mental health issues, and their familial struggles. I gave my everything and my future and my eternity to someone, and I was given a receipt for three years.

It's funny how, when people speak of suicide, it's painted as a cry for attention, or and overdramatic response. However, the second you actually die, nobody seems to have seen it coming. What's the point of asking for "help" when help is ridiculously expensive and traumatic to go through? Why would anyone get help when it's objectively not worth it? When nobody cares about you, they care about how you make them feel?

What does it mean to be loved by someone, really? To be loved unconditionally by someone that's not mandated to love you unconditionally? To be cherished for no reason other than who you are? What do we have to do to be enough to receive the same love we give everyone around us?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Fadeawaaaay, cyanol, Rational man and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People can be very cruel and can let us down, it is why I see it as better to stay away. I'm sorry you have been through this, I can imagine it must be painful. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kobusu
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
What does it mean to be enough for someone? To give enough? How much do we have to give exactly? I apologize for this rant, I just don't understand. I'm going to get personal so I understand if you don't read past this point.

You can give everything to someone and still not be enough. I met the woman I love when I was 17, and I was at a place where I had settled on killing myself the second I had become an adult. By chance, we stumbled into each other's lives and I was asked to stay. Like a fool, I agreed to, and over the next three years, I gave my everything to them. I gave them all of my person, all of my money and time and energy even while being in college and working. I gave them the last years of my youth, and foolishly I allowed myself to be tricked into believe that maybe, for once, I had found someone who had truly loved me. Who had seen something in me worth loving. I allowed this person to get me to feel safe. Even at the worst of times, I never expected how horribly this would all end. I never expected that I was there simply until "something better" came along. Someone else who would sit up long nights, helping them work through their disorders, their mental health issues, and their familial struggles. I gave my everything and my future and my eternity to someone, and I was given a receipt for three years.

It's funny how, when people speak of suicide, it's painted as a cry for attention, or and overdramatic response. However, the second you actually die, nobody seems to have seen it coming. What's the point of asking for "help" when help is ridiculously expensive and traumatic to go through? Why would anyone get help when it's objectively not worth it? When nobody cares about you, they care about how you make them feel?

What does it mean to be loved by someone, really? To be loved unconditionally by someone that's not mandated to love you unconditionally? To be cherished for no reason other than who you are? What do we have to do to be enough to receive the same love we give everyone around us?
Such love is rare. I've known it from my Mother and nobody else.
Very few are capable of this kind of love.
It's almost mythlogical when it comes to relationships. I've even seen a marriage of 35 years fall apart recently.
We're all enough to be deserving of such love, but unfortunately just because we are doesn't mean that we will receive it.

The people who do the best in relationships seem to be those who aren't afraid to lose it all at any time. Those who don't get attached.
So the best thing anyone can do is position themselves strongly, in health, both mental and physical, and in finance, so that if and when things go south, they're prepared for it.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
There's no such thing as unconditional love. Love doesn't exist in a vacuum...

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021

Your unconditional love was betrayed. I went through the same thing for the past three years. And now I'm destroyed. We were naïve.
And Foolish.

D

dospi1

Nov 18, 2021
Hey man i know how you feel but theres no shame on lovin ive been there before too, if you allow me to get a bit philosophical whit you ill try to explain ow i cope whit it , human nature is one of dichotomy, humans are finite beings that can gaze into infinity, etereal minds bound by a phisical body, and in the case of love individual trapped in our own minds but we still need each other, love is in nature a leap of faith that we try to solve this dichotomy, love cant be logical or rational, you took a leap of faith for a person you tought it was worth it, and it failed but theres no shame on it, it will be like that most of the time for humans are beings of dichotomy and the closer we are to each other the easier is to harm each other

• Love
Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
human nature is one of dichotomy
Beautifully said❤

Enough is never enough for some people. I was in a relationship and i gave it all I think, even when it got difficult, I tried to make things good. It was my fault too because I probably expected too much. There are givers and takers im afraid. But we fall for this, dont we when there's love. I've not seen unconditional LOVE in humans. Sad really😥

Last edited: