• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is not clear what exactly causes autims. Maybe a combination of nature and nurture.

Personally, I think that the child abuse and bullying caused my bipolar disorder and psychosis. But only because my genes contributed to it.

I don't think the violence and abuse caused my autism. My mom said my birth and her pregnancy with me were perfect. It is suspected that I have autism. It is easier to diagnose it when you are a child. Adults often develop strategies to hide their quirks.

I think I behaved weird also in primary school. Maybe even in late kindergarten. I cried so much and I struggled of not seeing my mom. I had some tics.

I could imagine my genes solely caused my autism and maybe an event I cannot remember. I don't think it was something psychological. I am pretty good at reading myself and professionals were stunned by my skills in this instance. I could imagine something happened when my mom was pregnant. But I will never find it out.

What about you?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, zino, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I still don't even know if I even have autism and I don't really care to find out. My sister definitely has it but it's possible we've both inherited it from our dad, who also never officially got diagnosed but he aligns even more with high on the spectrum autism than a lot of people I've met who actually have a confirmed diagnosis. My dad would likely also refuse to admit he has it though.

If I do have it, that's just one more thing to blame him for but it would also make me seriously consider suicide even more since I don't want to give myself the chance to pass it down unless CRISPR technology develops and becomes publicly available so it can be weeded out of the gene pool eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: etherealspring, zino and wCvML2
T

timetodie24

Mage
Apr 14, 2023
Well science seems to support that people are autistic from birth. I do believe people are just born that way so I don't think anything after my birth caused it. Whilst you can't develop it later in life, that doesn't mean the 'symptoms' cant change and develop over time though.

I was only diagnosed aged 21 but looking back there were signs when I was younger. But i think it became more obvious as a teenager when social interactions become more complex and I realised I was very much socially behind my peers. I'm guessing it's mostly genetic. I'm only one in my family diagnosed but since my diagnosis we think a few of my family might be now we know the signs. There's probably other factors at play but I guess never know for certain.

Reactions: zino, sserafim, wCvML2 and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think that my autism is caused by genetics and bad luck. Also, autism is within an autistic person since birth. You write your post as if you developed autism later in life but that isn't true as you were always autistic. Autism is just a difference in neurotype after all

Reactions: timetodie24, zino, DunnoWhyButYeah and 2 others
DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
Well, I was born autistic. One of my parents is very clearly as well, my child is too. So it's down to the genes and didn't just come from somewhere... I don't think anything that happens later makes anyone autistic, you are born that way

Reactions: zino and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Baby, I was born this way

• Love
Reactions: GreyCTB and zino
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
It was always their for me since birth because the signs were there. It came from parents/genetics.

Reactions: sserafim
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Newer research is pointing to the main cause of autism being advanced paternal age (meaning your father was 35+ when you were conceived) and this is true in my case. I'm formally diagnosed and my dad was around 40 at the time of conception. However, there are some autistic people who had younger dads so there have to be some other reasons as well - in those cases, I think it's probably inherited genes. There's no one in my family across any generations that had even the slightest signs of autism so it's not an inherited thing for me.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
riamu

riamu

walking waste of bandages
Jan 5, 2023
for me there's a massive genetic link. 3/4 of my siblings are also autistic and so is my mother. anxiety and eating disorders are also pretty common in my family, it's one of the main reasons i refuse to reproduce

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Newer research is pointing to the main cause of autism being advanced paternal age (meaning your father was 35+ when you were conceived) and this is true in my case. I'm formally diagnosed and my dad was around 40 at the time of conception. However, there are some autistic people who had younger dads so there have to be some other reasons as well - in those cases, I think it's probably inherited genes. There's no one in my family across any generations that had even the slightest signs of autism so it's not an inherited thing for me.
My dad was 37 when I was conceived and 38 when my actually autistic sister was.

I'm already over 30 and have never even been in a relationship. It's so over for me. 😭

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
My dad was 37 at the time of conception
My dad was 37 when I was conceived and 38 when my actually autistic sister was.

I'm already over 30 and have never even been in a relationship. It's so over for me. 😭
My dad was 42 at the time of conception for my sister but she's not autistic. She only has ADHD

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My dad was 42 at the time of conception for my sister but she's not autistic. She only has ADHD
My dad was also 41 when my other, normal (albeit depressed) sister was conceived so I guess both our sisters were just lucky. 😕

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Personally, I think that the child abuse and bullying caused my bipolar disorder and psychosis. But only because my genes contributed to it.
I don't think that genes are responsible for any mental disorders that a child develops if there's child abuse and the living circumstances don't change immediately for the better.

There's no one in my family across any generations that had even the slightest signs of autism so it's not an inherited thing for me.
Genes are mixed randomly and all combinations are always possible. It could be a combination of your genes that is responsible for autism if nobody else among your family ever was autistic.