🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I hate them.

Reactions: Rocinante
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
depends on what the big lie is for. i think lies are usually not good, but sometimes, you have to – to protect yourself or someone else

• Love
Reactions: Message In A Bottle, woh6, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
S

seaspray

Jun 13, 2023
Theres often a reason,sometimes it starts in childhood when parents dont accrpt children for who they are and the child lies to avoid the disappointment.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I 100% agree with @imissmykitten , spot on!

Walter

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
a lie will fly around the whole world while the truth is getting its boots on

snakes can't stand the lying bastards

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not madly keen on people who tell even little lies to be honest. Guess it depends on the reason. Some people tell lies to save face. I hate it when companies tell lies to try and make themselves look honest and reasonable. That annoys me.

Big lies though. Sometimes that's because they have been sworn to secrecy. I actually respect someone who doesn't break another person's confidence- obviously it depends on the situation! Still- that's usually an omission rather than a lie. I don't know really- sometimes people will say- lie to a child about its parentage UNTIL they reaches a certain age. I don't know if that's always a bad thing. I guess it depends.

Actual liars though- I imagine they're likely to be narcissists/ sociopaths/ psychopaths. Dangerous people basically.

Reactions: Ambivalent1 and jazzcat
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I truly try to be honest. I'm almost pathological that way. But, I will lie for sure if it gets me out of trouble without hurting anyone else. But that goes more for a working environment than anything else. With friends and family and anyone that claims to have good intentions, I will be brutally honest. And that's why I don't have any friends left :pfff:
That said, honestly, I don't care if people lie to themselves. Everyone has his cozy little lies that he tells himself to not feel like a failure. Assigning blame to the wrong side, resenting people to mask his faults, negating the whole thing - this is a default setting of the human race. If I answer to your question with a resounding "Yes" I would feel like a hypocrite.
I know, I'm off the point. I'm talking about "little", personal lies. But that's because I see them as bigger than the large societal lies that only show how easily we can be coerced with nonsense and helped by a larger set of values to direct our personal demons in a way that will benefit our ego. Massive lies work on principles of mass hysteria. It's always personal. People lie on mass and believe the lies on mass because they can't cope with their personal truths.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
the exception for me is lying to protect someone and lying to little kids about stuff like santa, but other than that I don't like people who lie in general big or small
communication is hard enough as is, if I realize that what someone thinks and feels doesn't match what they say and do I usually stay away or cut them off

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
the exception for me is lying to protect someone and lying to little kids about stuff like santa, but other than that I don't like people who lie in general big or small
communication is hard enough as is, if I realize that what someone thinks and feels doesn't match what they say and do I usually stay away or cut them off
What's the explanation for people who say one thing and then act another way? Like people who say they're easy to get along with but are actually really difficult

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Honestly i lie a lot, I'm not very good but i have to. I lie a lot to my mum and teachers about my mental health, they think I'm recovering but actually I'm planning my escape. Its not nice to lie, but sometimes you have to for the sake of your own comfort. My friend is a big liar sometimes it feels like i don't know her, but i understand now that trauma from her childhood forced her to become this way. Lying is black and white, i try to have understanding for people who lie constantly.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Havnis
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
That they have big problems.

That being said lets not forget we all lie, and sometimes we say big lies without understanding the value of what we just said/done.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere