demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Even the hobbies I try to do feel like a chore. It's not even for fun. It's literally just a way to pass the time. Yet according to society, I'm supposed to "enjoy" 60+ more years of life like this. I have nothing I really want to do and no ability to do it even if I did. There is only one answer for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game, Hotsackage and 21 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I relate. I spend my days just passing time and cant enjoy anything really. The answer is clear for me as well

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Hotsackage, LonelyBrazilian and 5 others
Lamebrain

Lamebrain

Jun 7, 2020
Hear, hear!

We're all just in a waiting room, waiting around to die.

(Unrelated, I love your profile picture, Berserk is otherworldy and wonderful.)

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, existtosuffer, LONE WOLF. and 4 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Hear, hear!

We're all just in a waiting room, waiting around to die.

(Unrelated, I love your profile picture, Berserk is otherworldy and wonderful.)
I didnt even notice that pfp is griffith. So sad that Berserk will never get finished

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Lamebrain and demuic
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
Even the hobbies I try to do feel like a chore. It's not even for fun. It's literally just a way to pass the time. Yet according to society, I'm supposed to "enjoy" 60+ more years of life like this. I have nothing I really want to do and no ability to do it even if I did. There is only one answer for me.
I feel the same way somedays. What I usually do to combat this feeling, is to go to sleep or to browse this site. If I feel too bored to do those things, then I just wait it out until I feel something else. I'm sorry if what I'm saying here won't help, but I do hope you have better days :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, LonelyBrazilian, newave3 and 2 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Yep - just passing the time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Pisceslilith, newave3 and 1 other person
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I don't know either. The worst part is that feeling like that just slows time down, to make sure you get really acquainted with the feeling and really take in the nothing it has to offer. Sometimes life seems purposefully designed to be torturous.

I guess for me the one thing that can help is moving around, not staying in one place with your thoughts. Taking a walk or going on a run or something. But I can only do those because I live in the middle of nowhere. If I lived in a city and ran the risk of seeing people, I probably wouldn't do those things either.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game, raison_d'etre and 5 others
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
When the energy is there a little more, I'll go on an aimless walk, sometimes four hours away, just to do something and see somewhere a little different, similar to above comments. And when the energy is less but still there there, I'll play an "idle" game or tapping game, to keep at least my fingers busy. And when energy is even lower, often I will just dissociate in front of some TV (I'm bingeing something today for this reason), or sleep as much of the day away as I can. (I don't get much REM sleep at all, so I'm usually tired enough to be able to pass out or zone out).

That's just answering the post title though, and is about the day-to-day passing the time. In the longer run, I've come to recognize and reflect on how many random changes have happened in my life, enough to hold out waiting for what the next might be. Telling that to myself alone doesn't always (or even often) help, but it's something. And something is enough for now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, demuic, raison_d'etre and 2 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Drugs.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, demuic, raison_d'etre and 4 others
mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
I have the same thing, there are a few options. You can go sleep as much as possible if that works for you, you can read books and do self improvement so atleast you are doing something useful even though you are bored or you can work on something, some project

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, demuic and LONE WOLF.
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I hear you. While I tried, doing the things I used to enjoy doesn't feel the same as before. Nothing 'wows' me anymore. In the past, video games were my only escape—no game, no life. They bore me now however, and the newest releases don't get me hyped up at all. As for my social life (or lack thereof), having little in common with most others, I find it hard to take a genuine interest in their lives. Without reaching out, my already dwindling social circle gets smaller with each passing day.

Every day is just going through the motions. The same old routine of Eat, Sleep, Shit. Rinse, repeat. Feeding and clothing myself feel like a burden when you are merely existing for the sake of it. I'm tired of riding the roller coaster of chronic pain, and I can't imagine having to put up with this for the next few decades. I wish I could stop keeping myself alive. I refuse to put another morsel of food into a broken body that refuses to die.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, demuic, GenesAndEnvironment and 1 other person
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Yes, I feel the same. Cooking, cleaning, doing dishes, doing laundry, taking a shower, getting dressed,shopping....it's all one big chore.
Every day is just going through the motions. The same old routine of Eat, Sleep, Shit. Rinse, repeat. Feeding and clothing myself feel like a burden when you are merely existing for the sake of it. I'm tired of riding the roller coaster of chronic pain, and I can't imagine having to put up with this for the next few decades. I wish I could stop keeping myself alive. I refuse to put another morsel of food into a broken body that refuses to die.
The only things I still "enjoy" are the taste of food and and sleeping. Do you agree?

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Shadowplay, patheticpartner and demuic
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
same story for me. its hell. what am i doing? listening to music, as always. i have nothing to do but sleep or listen to music. of course nothing can help. and its impossible for me to get any drugs, even cannabis, because its illegal in my country, and i dont want to risk my freedom because of fkn drugs

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game, demuic and 2 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
The only things I still "enjoy" are the taste of food and and sleeping. Do you agree?
Absolutely. Good food, good mood. Plus, cooking is one of the few activities I actually enjoy, and I mean the journey from start to finish.

Sleep is the closest we can get experience to the bliss of non-existence. Wish we humans could hibernate like bears.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, demuic and newave3
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Everyone else seem to be so proficient at distracting themselves from the banality of existence. To me, everything I'm supposed to value just seems predictable, pointless, and dissatisfying.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, patheticpartner, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
CaliCatCharlie

CaliCatCharlie

Nature's Mockery
May 28, 2021
I've tried sleeping away how I feel but it doesn't really work much I just get angry when I wake up and realize I'm still alive. So I just stay awake 24/7 until I hallucinate.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, newave3, demuic and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand. I am bored all of the time and I have been for many years. There is nothing that I enjoy or have any interest in. I want nothing to do with life. Life is boring in itself, humans repeat the same tasks on a loop for decades until they finally die. It is all so pointless. I just spend the time looking forward to sleep. I cannot do many more years of this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, newave3, demuic and 2 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I have the same thing, there are a few options. You can go sleep as much as possible if that works for you, you can read books and do self improvement so atleast you are doing something useful even though you are bored or you can work on something, some project
I put together Airfix models of ww2 planes and tanks and other military vehicles! I watch DVD's like the Walking dead and Fear the walking dead, and sometimes I shut myself in the bathroom and Cry the tear's of sadness! I believe I should have died in Afghanistan with my brother's, British Snipers like me were a high value target to the enemy,but somehow I made it out alive, l understand your pain and share it, Blessings my friend.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, mentalhealthfighter, Maaizr and 5 others
existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
Escapism through drugs & music before it uprooted my mental illness.

Life is just a cluster of meaningless chores you're expected to continue to carry out, until your body can no longer do it.

Mindless distraction after mindless distraction to convince myself it's worth living, even though I'm going to die at the end of it all no matter what I try to do.

I just feel like I'm sitting an exam I know I'm going to fail regardless of what I put down, and the examiner won't let me walk out until 'the end'.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, patheticpartner, Maaizr and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 8975

I don't do anything. I stay awake until I pass out.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Snake of Eden
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
My distractions aren't good enough to cover the 16/24h I need to distract myself. I have total anhedonia, no motivation and am fucktarded, so I can basically only do easy and "enjoyable" things (that I don't even enjoy, bruh moment). I guess I just wait and eventually the boredom or whatever will flip a switch and I'll figure out some way to distract myself again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, newave3 and BottomlessPit
A

apathetic.

Shy
Aug 22, 2021
Nothing interests me really. Doesn't matter how interesting it is to my siblings, I just can't seem to enjoy it. Back then I was into a lot of stuff now I'm just into cooking sleeping or staring at the wall.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, newave3 and demuic
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, patheticpartner, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person