• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SaveOurLastGoodbye

SaveOurLastGoodbye

Looking at bus schedules
Jan 14, 2024
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have last posted on here. Ever since my last post some things have happened which dissuaded me from wanting to die, but ever since some recent events in my life which have left me largely isolated and alone I've started seriously considering it again.

I want to know, what do you all think happens after we die? It has always been a scary thought to me to imagine what comes after we pass, and it's honestly part of the reason why I've been too afraid to end it before. I guess I just want to be able to have some peace of mind, and it would be nice to hear what you all think about the idea.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Go to another dimension

Reactions: Angeldark666, M48 Patton and Catch-22
Styrotoast

Styrotoast

Jan 24, 2023
I think we simply cease to exist, the energy we have consumed and use hopefully fade back into a convoluted cycle of existence. Our "consciousness" fades permanently I guess if you want to refer to the deterministic signals of our brain as a consciousness and not a machine working with inputs in some messed up way.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
beethovens_friend

beethovens_friend

an eccentric
Jun 10, 2024
something that "feels like" endless silence would be really lovely. I've always felt like if I could just capture the sensation that one experiences from laying their head down and gradually falling asleep after a really long day, and make it last forever, that would be the definition of eternal peace for me. Everything in my life is just too loud.

Reactions: Catch-22
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
Maybe, after you die, your consciousness just hops to the next causally consistent reality in which it is still alive.

drearysunrise

drearysunrise

Feb 3, 2024
I view consciousness as an emergent property of the brain, so when that shuts down, I think it's most likely that nothingness happens. It's impossible to conceptualize what that's like because there would be no us to perceive what anything is like at all. But from my current perspective of being constantly exhausted with existing, I can only imagine the nothingness as a feeling of peace, comfort, and silence.
Although there's no way to prove that there is no afterlife or reincarnation instead, and that thought does frighten me.

If you feel like sharing, what do you tend to imagine? What is it that scares you?

Reactions: Starstruck and pthnrdnojvsc
J

jiaaa_02

Jun 10, 2024
Whilst reincarnation, the afterlife or a second opportunity at life are definitely appealing, I'm more inclined to think that we simply return to the infinite nothingness of consciousness. Philosopher Neville Goddard calls this the 'source', and many others have synonyms for it as well. It isn't necessarily a form that we can fathom or begin to conceptualise. I don't think there is any need for fear as I view emotions like that as a construct, something that dissipates once you become aware of your existence as simply a leaf on the big tree that is consciousness. If there is an afterlife or reincarnation, or some karmic cycle where you relearn all the lessons of this life, I think that's a question for after the fact. How you feel right now about your life, yourself, and your future are probably the most important to carefully deliberate.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

"It's all just a dream"
Oct 26, 2019
I was on a bus to Los Angeles from Florida and I actually did have a higher power tell me that I had a soul and mention things about "this lifetime" etc. etc....So I honestly think there is something after you die. I think that we do have souls (believe it or not) and I think that your consciousness does go on. I think its probably reincarnation from the whole "this lifetime" that the entity/being spoke about. So yeah...I think there is something. You shouldn't be afraid IMO but I'm still here so what do I know? If it was that easy to just end it all then fuck we all would but for some reason we continue to try to hang on or stick around. It doesn't make sense. I wish I had the courage to just end it all but i'm not in a space/place where I can really do that right now.

Reactions: AdamOndiAhman
vinylzstar

vinylzstar

Feb 19, 2024
i've always imagined the afterlife to be nothing, a devoid black an empty space where you can't see anything, not even yourself, but oddly comforting and warm, like you were meant to be there, no one to bother you, just for you to rest your consciousness

Reactions: WardenOfTorYvresse
lovedread

lovedread

Tyra Banks screaming “LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.”
Jan 2, 2020
Hopefully not much. Maybe some feedback. I like to think someone is watching this. I want to be comforted there

L

LifeIsBS

Soon
Jun 1, 2024
nothing, just pure nothing. i would be no more, a googol years would pass, universe will die out, and it wouldn't even matter to me. or maybe i'll get isekai'd, become a god and get a lover.. see? this is what i want, but i actually don't, i am tired of having fantasies like this, just desires and wishes. i really want pure nothingness, an end to everything.

Reactions: Starstruck
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
I want to believe it's like the water cycle and that you will kind of reborn as a new person.
But what I actually believe is an eternity of darkness

Reactions: M48 Patton
WardenOfTorYvresse

WardenOfTorYvresse

Ulthuan's finest Asur
Jun 10, 2024
I partly believe in reincarnation, or something like that. We would respawn as a new person in another world, could be as a human or something else.

realistically? it would be nothing. Just pure void of comfort. At least no one will bother me at all while I'm there.

Truthfully? i don't know really, no one hasn't come back to tell the tale, perhaps i could be that one. But either way I'm curious about what comes after death.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
First of all none of us knows what actually happens after death but assuming that "consciousness" is a kind of "energy" it may only leave our body and reunite with the quantum vacuum energy for eternity again. Most likely there's nothing after we die.

Even if reincarnation was real I would say that 99.99% of all existing humans don't remember anything about their former lives.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Honestly, probably nothing, and that's the best most people can ever hope for.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing I believe we simply just cease existing, death is nothing more than an dreamless, eternal sleep where one is simply unable to experience anything for all eternity. Permanent non-existence is all I wish for and no matter what I'd see it as preferable to not exist, all that comforts me is the thought of this meaningless and hellish existence disappearing into nothingness. I only see non-existence as ideal as it's the eternal absence of all suffering and harm and I don't want to suffer in any way, rather all I want is to be at peace for all eternity.

Reactions: Starstruck and M48 Patton
M

M48 Patton

Jun 2, 2024
If I'm being realistic; Eternal darkness, no consciousness. If I'm being hopeful; A shot again at life or reincarnation as another human would be great but I don't see it as being likely.

I will find out hopefully soon enough.