slowlystarve

slowlystarve

abomination
Dec 10, 2018
i admit that i'm still not utterly certain i'm going to go through with it at this point, but things are looking in that direction.

what do i "need" to experience before i ctb? skydiving, fistfighting an alligator, whatever. i'm going to die anyway, so don't hold back. make my last few months interesting.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, Sinbad, therhydler and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Do whatever you like, be spontaneous. The more you can act, the less you feel like you are leaving behind. Not everyone has the ability or means to do so, do the best you can.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, therhydler and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
This is such a personal question I don't think anyone can give you a full answer.

Have sex? Maybe you're asexual or have had it before and don't care for more. etc.

If I had to start somewhere, what have you always wanted to do or had thought about doing but didn't because life got in the way?

Once you have those, answer why you want to do those things. That'd be a good place to start at least.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, therhydler, GreenLantern and 1 other person
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
If you can afford, travel!
Skydiving is awesome, but I think you'll need more than 1 jump to really feel a rush/enjoy it.

I would rather recommend bungy- jumping. It's cool, scary and funny, and 1 jump covers it all.

If you're a sexual person, have sex! Smoke a nice joint (or/and a SMALL sip of ghb) and get wild.

Reactions: Kdawg2018, therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
I think the better question is "what do you want to experience that you haven't yet"?

Reactions: Kdawg2018, TiredHorse, Dartz and 2 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
^
This

----

Everyone is different, find your goals or hobbies.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
For example, I have a list of some things to do. It is not necessary to do it before ctb for me but I try to fill time with the experiences.

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Sex, of course, if you can get it.
Also, drugs, they will make you feel things you haven't ever felt before. Definitely recommend mdma. You can get it by going to raves/clubs and looking for dealers there.

therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
If you are female, have sex with another female. If you feel like you would maybe want to (or are not lesbian anyway). It's worth it.

Reactions: Kdawg2018 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If you are in America or another country with fairly lax gun laws, I'd say you should at least experience operating a firearm. It is quite an adrenaline rush, especially if you have never shot a gun in your life before. Also, if you have the means to do so, chase the dreams and fantasies that you have always wanted to do before but never did (nothing illegal or anything that could jeopardize your efforts or attempts to ctb of course).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and Sinbad
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
If you are in America or another country with fairly lax gun laws, I'd say you should at least experience operating a firearm. It is quite an adrenaline rush, especially if you have never shot a gun in your life before. Also, if you have the means to do so, chase the dreams and fantasies that you have always wanted to do before but never did (nothing illegal or anything that could jeopardize your efforts or attempts to ctb of course).

Nothing beats firing an M240 Bravo. I know because I was in the Army for a short time... That thing is a beast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kdawg2018, thatguyakira123, Lra888 and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Things I've done that I would recommend, if you haven't already:

• Pilot a small plane. Feeling in control of flight is mindblowing.
• Sail out of sight of land on a small boat. That completely empty horizon, nothing to see but water and sky, is pretty wonderful. You feel tiny and inconsequential, but in a good way.
• Climb a really big mountain. The world looks very different from up around 23,000, and seeing the curvature of the Earth is wild.
• If you're in the northern hemisphere, go experience the stars of the southern hemisphere, or vice-versa. It's a very subtle and perception-changing experience.
• Have a mushroom trip. I had my first only a couple years ago, and I wish I'd tried it decades earlier. Not only is it theraputic for depression and anxiety, but it sure does change your expectations of your own mind.
• Build something you can and will use day-to-day. Maybe only a bench, or a bookshelf, but start with raw materials and end with something useable.
• Work with a horse. Ride one, groom one, care for it, gain its trust. Humans are predators, evolutionarily speaking, and working with prey animals like horses is a completely different relationship from anything else I ever did. Be warned: it's life changing and rewarding beyond your imagination. Whoever said "dog is man's best friend" never earned the friendship of a horse. It is both humbling and exhilarating.
• Go rock climbing. It's a hell of a rush to look down past your feet and see a bird glide past.
• Travel the entire width of your home country, on the ground. Driving, bicycling, whatever.

Bonus round, if you can manage it: save a life. Not metaphorically, but literally. Get in there and do CPR, cut someone out of a wrecked car or pull them out of a burning building, pull them out of the water before they go under. It's an experience you won't forget. If you do it more than once, you won't forget any of them. I expect it's as primal as taking a life (which I haven't done), and it is profound.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kdawg2018 and sólstafir
thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
If you're a dude eat your own cum. If you have a proper diet going on it'll taste sweet. Also drink some of your own blood. Blood actually tastes good.

Nothing beats firing an M240 Bravo. I know because I was in the Army for a short time... That thing is a beast.

That dude is adorable as fuck. I'd slip him my contact if Russans weren't so anti gay.

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
This is a song by Eric Clapton.

I suggest to everyone who has not yet tried it out, to try it, once.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Severen, Kdawg2018 and 2 others