V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I brush once a week or so. It takes me a long time to do and I have to brush every surface, which is why I avoid doing it. I don't get cavities, but my enamel is going away. My teeth are getting weaker. I just broke the top off a tooth last nite. It's a little sensitive. I can't eat crunchy food anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, JustHeckinKillMe, TheDevilsAngel and 6 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
funny you post this, I brush twice a day, always have done, but currently one of my teeth is breaking up, like I was sat here just now and felt something crunchy in my mouth, pulled out part of my tooth, its agony, nothing I can do about it though!
Losing my teeth is actually one of my worst fears!!

• Aww..
Reactions: JustHeckinKillMe, TheDevilsAngel, Cevapcici and 4 others
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
funny you post this, I brush twice a day, always have done, but currently one of my teeth is breaking up, like I was sat here just now and felt something crunchy in my mouth, pulled out part of my tooth, its agony, nothing I can do about it though!
Losing my teeth is actually one of my worst fears!!
Nothing you can do?! It will get infected.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Nothing you can do?! It will get infected.

No dentist, I am in UK waiting lists are mashooosive, can't do emergency dentist either, its cool,Im fine with it though

• Aww..
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I have neglected mine most of my life by not brushing daily and drinking a lot of sugary drinks. There a bit yellow and if I use a torch I can see the dental erosion on a few of my top teeth. Can't bite down on my left side anymore. Have had about 4 amalgam feelings they are the worst it literally feels like I have metal in my mouth. They ache 24/7 and are extremely sensitive. its going to be like this forever because once the enamel goes you can't do anything about it. I would ctb because of my teeth never mind d my other problems.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I was indeed at my dentist yesterday. Just had a cleaning the first week of December & of course he noticed a cavity. I had to come back yesterday to get a filling. Overall I brush my teeth 2 times a day & floss at night as well. So my dental health is fine.
My dentist is also pretty cool. As soon as I got in the chair he's like "you want some nitrous"? Basically I just closed my eyes, got very High and 25min later we finished. I think if one takes care (goes to dentist every 6 months), teeth will be fine.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I was indeed at my dentist yesterday. Just had a cleaning the first week of December & of course he noticed a cavity. I had to come back yesterday to get a filling. Overall I brush my teeth 2 times a day & floss at night as well. So my dental health is fine.
My dentist is also pretty cool. As soon as I got in the chair he's like "you want some nitrous"? Basically I just closed my eyes, got very High and 25min later we finished. I think if one takes care (goes to dentist every 6 months), teeth will be fine.

this is where I believe the american health care system works, yes the UK gets free dental health treatment, but if you have issues you cannot always get treatment, the nearest dentist taking on NHS patients is over 2 hours away from me and I have no transport! Last time I saw a dentist I was in and out within 5 mins, they don't give a crap!

The rest of the NHS system is to me amazing, but the dental side I think everyone should be forced to pay then maybe we could all have a chance at treatement

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Oh I am grateful to have dental insurance & money for the copay. Most grateful for my amazing Dentist. But yes, in the US if you have insurance & can pay the copayment (varies by plan; mine averages $30) then you can generally be seen that same day & be treated-especially in emergencies. I'm actually surprised the US sounds better. But US dentists do make a lot of money. I trust my Dentist to keep my mouth healthy. I love crusty French baguettes & rolls, bagels, Bialys, etc. I would be so much more sad if had dental pain or couldn't eat what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
No dentist, I am in UK waiting lists are mashooosive, can't do emergency dentist either, its cool,Im fine with it though
What numbs tooth pain?
I have neglected mine most of my life by not brushing daily and drinking a lot of sugary drinks. There a bit yellow and if I use a torch I can see the dental erosion on a few of my top teeth. Can't bite down on my left side anymore. Have had about 4 amalgam feelings they are the worst it literally feels like I have metal in my mouth. They ache 24/7 and are extremely sensitive. its going to be like this forever because once the enamel goes you can't do anything about it. I would ctb because of my teeth never mind d my other problems.
Chronic teeth pain is a great incentive to ctb imo

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nem
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Mine are shit.
Growing up in the 1970's with parents who fed you loads of sugar and they never encouraged tooth brushing, mine are shocking.

Also taking amphetamine in the past fucks them up, combine that with a dental phobia.

Partial denture on the bottom and honestly I don't brush them as well as I should, downside of depression I guess.

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
No idea, knocking oneself would be a good start :blarg:
I have done that was in a lot of pain and ran out of painkillers and could not sleep so i knocked my self out by running into a door frame it was low and i am tall i was out for 4 hours to best sleep ever :P :D LOL

Reactions: Soulless_Angel and MsMaudlin
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Mine is in a pristine condition. Floss, brush 2x a day, mouthwash, regular dental checkup. Permission to brag; need to boost my confidence. I'm proud of my teeth.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Boochky, MsMaudlin and 1 other person
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Let's talk about something else, ok?

Reactions: Boochky, snorli, mattwitt and 1 other person
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I just went to the dentist this week to get antibiotics for a gum infection I have. Last time I had full x rays and an exam which was about 2 1/2 years ago they wanted to do about 14k worth of work on me. Overall I think my teeth are great except for 1 tooth right now that is a little loose because of the gum infection. Once it clears up if it does it should be ok and back to normal. I brush floss and use mouthwash at least once a day. Sometimes I swish with hydrogen peroxide, coconut oil, or salt water.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Not as good as they were. I stopped going to the dentist. I don't think I'd like what he had to tell me. I only brush every other day. They've started to click now

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I'll sometimes neglect my teeth, but I'm surprised how they're still good. All straight, no cavities, never needed braces etc.

Reactions: puppy9 and Boochky
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I noticed my teeth improve when I stopped using flouride toothpaste. And also flouride free mouthwash. I floss most days, and brush daily once. There is things u can take to strengthen your teeth but it can be expensive. Most tooth decay is from the garbage we are consuming and low nutrients in the food. Your teeth are basically not getting the right nutrition. There's a lot of lies about what u should eat because dentistry is big business and they need u to have bad teeth so u keep spending lots on dental care. They don't want most people to have nice teeth so they make it difficult to afford when it should not be that expensive. It's like a way to determine your class too.

If u have nice teeth people have a different impression of u like for employment and everything. Anyway, yea a lot of the teeth issues are poor diet, not genetics, or because u don't brush enough. If your diet is extremely good u wouldn't even need to brush very much. Cod liver oil high vitamin butter from the codliveroilshop noticeably strengthened my enamel in just a couple weeks. My breath was cleaner too. But it's like $50 and last only like a month for one bottle of it. It does work well, but u need to get the liquid not the capsules. And the cinnamon flavored one is the best. Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: mattwitt
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'll sometimes neglect my teeth, but I'm surprised how they're still good. All straight, no cavities, never needed braces etc.
Ure so lucky, mine always been crooked and cavities but I do have all of them and they are in ok shape no pain.

Reactions: Squiddy
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
. Anyway, yea a lot of the teeth issues are poor diet, not genetics, or because u don't brush enough. If your diet is extremely good u wouldn't even need to brush very much.

If you are saying its poor diet, can you explain this, my sister my brother and I, all different diets, all different lifestyles, yet all 3 of us our teeth are in a really bad way, our mother is the same her teeth are now full set of false (But she is in her 70's) my brothers teeth crumbled away, not sure what happened to my sisters, so is this bad diet in which case NO diet is good, or is it genetics?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If you are saying its poor diet, can you explain this, my sister my brother and I, all different diets, all different lifestyles, yet all 3 of us our teeth are in a really bad way, our mother is the same her teeth are now full set of false (But she is in her 70's) my brothers teeth crumbled away, not sure what happened to my sisters, so is this bad diet in which case NO diet is good, or is it genetics?
Maybe genetics does play a role but the material I was reading it seemed that a lot of it is diet. You might have more susceptibility to bad teeth but then the environment, medications, and toxins in the food and drinks can exacerbate the problem. How many people do u know who only eat food not from grocery stores which isnt full of chemicals. Most people I know do not eat high vitamin butter from free range cattle.

Like what they feed the animals we eat matters too. Many pple don't get certain micronutrients from their diet. I learned that the true reason people get crooked teeth is not because of bad genes it's because your mom was not getting all the nutrition u need to properly develop your jaw space. I know right? There's a book on this. I'll have to find out what it's called. It's something to do with healing cavities through diet. Remineralizing your teeth. This article tells the truth about what's behind bad teeth. https://www.drstevenlin.com/crooked-teeth-genetic/

Last edited:
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I brush twice a day thoroughly.... I am obsessed with trying have them as white and shiny as I can.... I find coconut oil is good too usually wash my mouth out with it and swish it around for while...

Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
My teeth are in pretty good condition given all the times I've went without brushing. I've went to the dentist and have had to get a few fillings, but they say I have beautiful teeth. But honestly, it takes so much out of me to brush my teeth even once a day. But I don't want tooth pain... Tooth pain is one of the worst pains I've experienced in my life. So if I brush my teeth, something else suffers. Like I won't wash my face or comb my hair, etc.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel