chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
I'm an agnostic, I think there may be a dimension or something bigger than us which we cannot percieve, although I was once an atheist. what is your religion or belief?

Reactions: die2live, Élégie, Nemeshisu and 4 others
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I believe in a higher power but think religion is the biggest bullshit there is. Manipulating the masses since forever.

Reactions: Élégie, puppy9, BabyYoda and 6 others
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
I was once an atheist, now a Roman Catholic but almost atheist :aw:

Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich and Circles
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I believe in a higher power but think religion is the biggest bullshit there is. Manipulating the masses since forever.
i think religious institutions are the worst, but if someone wants to believe in something even to just give a sense when there's none, that's okay as long as they don't try to convince or force other people.
I was once an atheist, now a Roman Catholic but almost atheist :aw:
hoe come the change in belief?

Reactions: jake3d and Circles
Rukia

Rukia

Enlightened
Jun 3, 2019
I had some personal experiences which I attributed to God but now I am seeing them as just coincidences :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich, Circles and chlorine
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
There are no coincidences, some things were meant to happen. I didn't believe in fate but it looks like i couldn't escape mine.

Reactions: chlorine
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
Used to be a Christian now atheist. If there is a God he is obviously not of the personal, interventionist kind that most religions teach. Utterly unknowable and in the end inconsequential, a god that created the world and forgot about it.

Reactions: AlexM, Worthless_nobody, jake3d and 3 others
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Used to be a Christian now atheist. If there is a God he is obviously not of the personal, interventionist kind that most religions teach. Utterly unknowable and in the end inconsequential, a god that created the world and forgot about it.
I love your thinking.

Reactions: Endqualia
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
Currently Antinatalism-Suicidalism-Nihilism

Reactions: Skathon, Worthless_nobody, chlorine and 1 other person
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
I love your thinking.
People I know hate my thinking, they won't listen such "pessimistic" talk. That's why I love this new found community of people disillusioned with life and its "goodness". I don't want suicide on anyone, even myself. If I could stop the pain I would, and just enjoy the ride to dusty death. But I haven't been able to and am running out of options.

Fuck I tend to ramble sometimes.

Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich, Jean Améry and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
People I know hate my thinking, they won't listen such "pessimistic" talk. That's why I love this new found community of people disillusioned with life and its "goodness". I don't want suicide on anyone, even myself. If I could stop the pain I would, and just enjoy the ride to dusty death. But I haven't been able to and am running out of options.

Fuck I tend to ramble sometimes.
no, it's good to ramble if it's reasonable ramble. And yours surely is reasonable. I couldn't agree more on the ''goodness'' shit talk.

Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich and Endqualia
Quiet_Sandwich

Quiet_Sandwich

Jun 7, 2019
I was raised Roman-Catholic, but this only lasted until the First Communion. I became an orphan roughly a month before the ceremony. No one wanted to break the news to me and my parents did travel quite a lot, so I didn't learn about it until nearly 2 months later. That was also the last time I went to the church. After hearing every possible excuse for why that happened, like "god needed another angel" and "it's all part of his plan", I came to really despise the Christian god.

Few years later, I've tried to fill the empty void by joining a Pagan community, because they were very welcoming, gentle and understanding. Their beliefs were also fairly convincing to me at the time, since they weren't as one-dimensional as the Catholic ones. Their connection with nature was also something that resonated with me, it just felt ... right. It was also my safe haven, away from bullying and abuse.

Then I've randomly stumbled upon videos made by Aron-Ra, Seth Andrews and Matt Dillahunty. They made me realize that what I was longing for was simply community and companionship, not gods, beliefs or religion. I've been an atheist ever since.
Because of a single, but very convincing personal experience I do believe that some form of supernatural does exist, but as far as something serious like gods go - no, I've yet to see a proof that's good enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: chlorine, Partial-Elf, Endqualia and 1 other person
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
God: - creates skeptical, intelligent beings
-offers no proof of his existence
-makes the universe created 6000 years ago look 13 billion years old
-makes life forms that look as if though they evolved with everything in nature pointing that way when they where created in their current shape same number of years ago
-makes shit like the grand canyon look as if though if formed for millions of years with all the fossils in it, when it was made in pretty much the current shape just to fuck with us
-creates a deterministic universe with free will not possible, demands us to use it the way he says
-then gets mad when people don't belive shit offered in an ancient text, not that different from all the others, and choose to belive observable reality and logic so he sends them to hell for all eternity

Seems legit.

• Love
Reactions: blackballoon, Élégie, Skathon and 5 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Atheist, the only logocal choice after realizing that everything related to the paranormal and spirituality is just a bunch of baloney used to manipulate people.

Reactions: Skathon, marcusuk63, Quiet_Sandwich and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I'm not religious, not even 1%. But my beliefs are what most people would label as the occult.

Reactions: chlorine
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Can you elaborate on that? I'm curious.

I guess there is no real label for my beliefs. Because all my beliefs are based on what I've personally experienced with my own senses. And they do not match up with anything else in this world 100% that is available to the public. And if I took all my beliefs and turned it into a religion, it would be the first religion of it's kind in human history. And it would terrify most people. Because the truth is often terrifying. There would be no comfortable blankets being passed out for people's minds... No celebrations... It would just offer the truth. I doubt there would be more than 5 members in the entire world. And keeping such a religion alive would be 100% an act of altruism. Because people who share knowledge of this Earth, humanity and this universe don't make money or receive any gifts but instead get shit on in this world. I would definitely have a lot more members during the ancient times though, when people were very different from the people today. They were more truth seeking... More pragmatic back then... Most people back then knew, knowledge = power and ignorance is bliss but only for awhile...

Last edited:
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
Grew up as a spiritualist, kinda still am in some ways, but with how my mind is working at mo, I'm questioning everything

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
God is obviously not of the personal, interventionist kind that most religions teach. Utterly unknowable

@Endqualia, I've edited your words so that they say something close to what I've believed longer than anything else.

I like faith. I like ethics. Organized religion isn't for me and religious institutions frequently bother me a lot. Maybe disorganized religion would do it for me? We just have no idea, do we.

Last edited:
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
I'm a see it to believe it type of person, if you told me a bicycle started to pedal and ride away by itself without me witnessing it I would not believe you, and I haven't seen God yet so to me it's just a bunch of cockamamie fairy tales

Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
@Endqualia, I've edited your words so that they say something close to what I've believed longer than anything else.

I like faith. I like ethics. Organized religion isn't for me and religious institutions frequently bother me a lot. Maybe disorganized religion would do it for me? We just have no idea, do we.
Ok. But I don't belive that if God created the universe and forgot about it that his existence is of any consequence to man, or anything else. Since he doesn't interfere, interact with his creation. He would then be just a thing that set this domino chain in motion. Whether it was some god, or spooky quantum randomness or the universe just exists forever or any explanation you can think of it doesn't matter for us in the end. Every thing is still the way it is and we are nothing but deterministic biological machines.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Ok. But I don't belive that if God created the universe and forgot about it that his existence is of any consequence to man, or anything else. Since he doesn't interfere, interact with his creation. He would then be just a thing that set this domino chain in motion. Whether it was some god, or spooky quantum randomness or the universe just exists forever or any explanation you can think of it doesn't matter for us in the end. Every thing is still the way it is and we are nothing but deterministic biological machines.

Ohh kay - I'm not here to argue! Far be it from me! What I believe is what I believe, and I didn't say God created a universe and forgot it, or that they remember it, or maybe they've just turned their hearing aid off.

I like faith because it feels good to me to look up and strive for something and create something as just and compassionate as I can. Maybe it makes no difference but that's fine too.

(I don't often refer to what I believe in as God. The word isn't important. If pressed I call it all that is praiseworthy, which encompasses ... whatever we perceive it as encompassing.)

Last edited:
Endqualia

Endqualia

Jun 6, 2019
Ohh kay - I'm not here to argue! Far be it from me! What I believe is what I believe, and I didn't say God created a universe and forgot it, or that they remember it, or maybe they've just turned their hearing aid off.

I like faith because it feels good to me to look up and strive for something and create something as just and compassionate as I can. Maybe it makes no difference but that's fine too.
Didn't wanna come off confrontational, sorry. I just like to discuss shit for the sake of it. I understand you view on faith though, nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Soul
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
I was baptized as a child, but I'm atheist since I have no reason to believe in a God of any sort, as all who where presented make no logical sense, and we don't need them to explain anything. Pretty standard atheist shit.
God: - creates skeptical, intelligent beings
-offers no proof of his existence
-makes the universe created 6000 years ago look 13 billion years old
-makes life forms that look as if though they evolved with everything in nature pointing that way when they where created in their current shape same number of years ago
-makes shit like the grand canyon look as if though if formed for millions of years with all the fossils in it, when it was made in pretty much the current shape just to fuck with us
-creates a deterministic universe with free will not possible, demands us to use it the way he says
-then gets mad when people don't belive shit offered in an ancient text, not that different from all the others, and choose to belive observable reality and logic so he sends them to hell for all eternity

Seems legit.
You forgot "ask us to pray him to prove our faith when he is all knowing"

Last edited:
Reactions: blackballoon
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Well said, well said.

If there is a God, he must have abandoned this attempt at creation (this world and all of us).

HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
Anybody here believe in or worship any non-Christian deities? Also, any pagans, wiccans, etc. here?

• Love
Reactions: Soul and Severen
HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
Not really worship one but respect one.

That makes me feel a little better because I was feeling hella shy. Uh, I follow the deity Isis. Okay bye! :shy:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, GinaIsReady and Severen
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
Who would blame him...
He should have done the responsible thing and blown his shitty work up rather than leaving a bunch of mutants to suffer.

Reactions: BabyYoda, Skathon and Severen