• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
Hi everyone,

As it is probably the case for many on us here on this forum, life is a bit of a struggle these days and I was thinking of possibly doing some happy, vibey, positive video games to try and get out of this everyday depressive slump. I dont see it as being completely possible but it is still worth trying I guess

I played a bunch of games back in the day. Dead or Alive, Metal gear and stuff on PS2. I'm thinking if i should get a ps5 altho i hate the idea of also getting a new TV as my old tv is just not in a good condition. Which is why I was thinking aah nintendo switch would be good. And also it has more happy type video games.

Anyway just wanted to ask you guys here what your thoughts are on this.

Much love,

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Happy video games... hmm.

Minecraft can be peaceful but you need a PhD to play it. There's also Stardew Valley if you like village life and the Farming Simulator games if you like driving.

I don't usually play happy games so I don't know any others.

Reactions: GoatHerder and destinationlosangel
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
I always have my Nintendo switch lite in my bag. It's a fair bit cheaper than any other current generation console and it's easy to turn on and off when getting somewhere or have downtime. Plus if I want to move from the bed to the couch and keep playing, it isn't a headache.

Sure, it isn't as pretty as the other systems but I just got Borderlands 3 for it (which I feel is the peak of its capacity) and it runs it just fine c:

I'd agree that it seems to have a happier library, but given its target audience, that makes sense. Still, if one wants to play like, Skate Bird or Smash and suddenly dive into something like Metroid Prime or Arkham City, it's easy. Not to say other consoles have that availability; it just seems easiest on there.

Game on, fren c:

Reactions: GoatHerder, destinationlosangel and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
Animal crossing maybe?

Reactions: destinationlosangel
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
Happy video games... hmm.

Minecraft can be peaceful but you need a PhD to play it. There's also Stardew Valley if you like village life and the Farming Simulator games if you like driving.

I don't usually play happy games so I don't know any others.
I never played these types of games either lol. Always liked metal gear and such back in the day but honestly considering the disaster my life has turned into, i dont wanna get stuck in a dystopian world
I always have my Nintendo switch lite in my bag. It's a fair bit cheaper than any other current generation console and it's easy to turn on and off when getting somewhere or have downtime. Plus if I want to move from the bed to the couch and keep playing, it isn't a headache.

Sure, it isn't as pretty as the other systems but I just got Borderlands 3 for it (which I feel is the peak of its capacity) and it runs it just fine c:

I'd agree that it seems to have a happier library, but given its target audience, that makes sense. Still, if one wants to play like, Skate Bird or Smash and suddenly dive into something like Metroid Prime or Arkham City, it's easy. Not to say other consoles have that availability; it just seems easiest on there.

Game on, fren c:
yeah that seems like a good choice. does it have any joycon drift issues tho? Yeah playability in bed is also good.

Would u have any happy game recs? Never played mario kart ever. Worth getting?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I found the game 'Eastshade' really good escapism. Not sure if it's available on Switch though. I played it on XBox. One of those games you're sad to finish and leave that world.

hawkoflight

hawkoflight

🕊️I…sacrifice.
Aug 12, 2024
Pc only:
Immortal life (A really fun ancient Chinese farming game! It's super gorgeous too.)
Switch (but also probably PC?):
Story of seasons series (Harvest moons sucsessor)
Pokémon Let's go eevee/pikachu

Reactions: sugarb
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Hi everyone,

As it is probably the case for many on us here on this forum, life is a bit of a struggle these days and I was thinking of possibly doing some happy, vibey, positive video games to try and get out of this everyday depressive slump. I dont see it as being completely possible but it is still worth trying I guess

I played a bunch of games back in the day. Dead or Alive, Metal gear and stuff on PS2. I'm thinking if i should get a ps5 altho i hate the idea of also getting a new TV as my old tv is just not in a good condition. Which is why I was thinking aah nintendo switch would be good. And also it has more happy type video games.

Anyway just wanted to ask you guys here what your thoughts are on this.

Much love,
I would recommend the Switch since it's great for ease of use, simplicity, and indie gaming but nintendo is probably rolling out a new console soonish that'll make it obsolete (ie they'll shut down the E-shop) so be wary of that. Also, the controllers are prone to having issues.

As for games-

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Cute and fun. Not my favorite of all time but it's pretty good and you can sink a lot of hours into it. Switch exclusive.

Evoland 2

Weird little time travel RPG, easily one of my most loved games ever and one of very few I've 100%'d. Very low price for how much content it has. Don't bother with Evoland 1 one, it's not great and has a completely separate story. I played it on Switch but it might be on PC. Not necessarily for everyone but I really enjoyed it

Portal 1 and Portal 2

They occasionally have dark humor but they're not particularly dark games overall and are very fun. Some of the best games ever made. On Xbox, PS, and PC

I have a LOT more but I don't have my switch on me and thus can't check my games atm, I'll some more in a few days if you like

B

Bubbly

Aug 8, 2024
If you get a Switch I highly recommend the games that come with an online membership, specifically the SNES and Gameboy games. They're very bright and chill and guides are everywhere online.