struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
A guy would not leave me alone on the street. He would attempt to compliment my appearance and get my number. I said multiple times I already had a partner.
He laughed and showed me his phone. On the phone there was an image of his, well, genitalia I assume. I froze and he just couldn't stop laughing. It felt like I was about to throw up.
He left me alone some time after that.

I don't know how much of sexual assault it is. Because I felt like I was very damaged by that, but when I told other people, they just said I should brush it off and forget.

I already went through SA as a kid and I've had creepy incidents before. Some I even shared here. I feel really broken and can't leave my home now.

• Hugs
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, Roadrunner, lost_ange2211 and 7 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
What an absolute creep. If you're able, report it to the police. Even if they can't do anything, they'll be able to document it and keep their eyes open in the general vicinity. And it will help you feel validated and that you've done something. I know, having been in a similar situation. Nothing came of my complaint but I did feel like I'd achieved something and regained some dignity. And we're here for you. You are not alone. Xx

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, Brokensaddle, Artemisia and 4 others
struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
What an absolute creep. If you're able, report it to the police. Even if they can't do anything, they'll be able to document it and keep their eyes open in the general vicinity. And it will help you feel validated and that you've done something. I know, having been in a similar situation. Nothing came of my complaint but I did feel like I'd achieved something and regained some dignity. And we're here for you. You are not alone. Xx
I think I will go to the police this time. I thought about going yesterday, after that happened, but I just felt like rushing home. It's not the first time something like that happened.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Roadrunner, alltoomuch2, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
When you put your phone in your pocket or your bag, remember that we're all here with you and we've got your back. And we'll definitely be here afterwards if you need to vent or digital shoulders or dark senses of humour or cutesy pink hugs or whatever. Pretty sure we do the full range on SS.

Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, Roadrunner, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
i second going to the police. Once u not in a 3rd world country they should take u serious. That is disgusting. I am sorry you went through that. Also, what a deplorable man to use 'dick energy' to try to mosey up to people. So sad. Your reaction (freezing up) is normal to that situation as no one, in a stranger to stranger discus, is expecting a random dick pic. Smh

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and struggles_inc
struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
When you put your phone in your pocket or your bag, remember that we're all here with you and we've got your back. And we'll definitely be here afterwards if you need to vent or digital shoulders or dark senses of humour or cutesy pink hugs or whatever. Pretty sure we do the full range on SS.
I love SaSu people for that. I know you guys won't crucify me if I cry too much and you won't say I'm overreacting. I don't have to verify anything I feel and filter out things. It was really painful to me that I shared this experience with someone irl and they told I was too dramatic.

Thank you guys for being here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Roadrunner, Kawaii_Shoujo215, voc_89 and 3 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
A guy would not leave me alone on the street. He would attempt to compliment my appearance and get my number. I said multiple times I already had a partner.
He laughed and showed me his phone. On the phone there was an image of his, well, genitalia I assume. I froze and he just couldn't stop laughing. It felt like I was about to throw up.
He left me alone some time after that.

I don't know how much of sexual assault it is. Because I felt like I was very damaged by that, but when I told other people, they just said I should brush it off and forget.

I already went through SA as a kid and I've had creepy incidents before. Some I even shared here. I feel really broken and can't leave my home now.
If you can identify him, report it to the cops. You may not be the only person he is harassing. The cops might not act on a single report, but if they get several they will take some action.
There is another way of handling this, if it ever happens to you again. Point to the photo, roll over laughing, and ask the guy: Is that all you got?

Last edited:
Reactions: struggles_inc and alltoomuch2
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I love SaSu people for that. I know you guys won't crucify me if I cry too much and you won't say I'm overreacting. I don't have to verify anything I feel and filter out things. It was really painful to me that I shared this experience with someone irl and they told I was too dramatic.

*hard stare at that someone*
If you can identify him, report it to the cops. You may not be the only person he is harassing. The cops might not act on a single report, but if they get several they will take some action.
There is another way of handling this, if it ever happens to you again. Point to the photo, roll over laughing, and ask the guy: Is that all you got?
You don't need to be able to identify anyone who commits a crime against you. That was the point I made in my post above. Sometimes the police just need to know about patterns of behaviour to be able to catch people without ever having clear descriptions.

Also, I'd advise against antagonising a sexual predator. You never know when someone is capable of. Humiliation is rarely a successful way of de-escalating a situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadrunner, Kawaii_Shoujo215, Raven2 and 3 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Hopefully they catch him. If he's done it to you he probably has done it to others. Sorry you went through that.

Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
I'm really sorry this happened to you :(

Reactions: Roadrunner and struggles_inc
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023

this is a safe space. 0 judgement. Trust and believe that. Normies can't relate. So there reactions will not pair with your expectations. Its not that u wrong. Its just they can't relate/understand.

Reactions: Roadrunner and struggles_inc
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Just wondering how you're getting on, @struggles_inc?

struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
Just wondering how you're getting on, @struggles_inc?
I'm ok, almost got over that experience. Went to the police, gave a description, they seemed nice but I feel like I didn't have enough information to give them (no name, etc).
Thank you very much for asking ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Roadrunner and Ash