sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Due to COVID-19, I got laid off in late March. Today I went back to work, and almost immediately I was filled with dread. My job isn't even my regular job, I just redirect people to other locations since the place is empty.

Seeing the shelves entirely empty and being alone really exacerbated my feelings of loneliness. I'm emotional because I used to quite like this job, but all of my coworkers that I used to work with left. I also work completely alone. I have no passion for this job anymore at all, so being there is just a constant reminder of the past.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, Green Destiny and not-2-b-the-answer
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Yep - seems like nothing's the same anymore these days ....

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and sadghost
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I'm going back to work soon and I'm not looking forward to it. For one thing i'm worried most of the people I worked with quit and I really liked some of them. The other problem is I know how nasty and mean customers have gotten during the pandemic and I dealt with some shitty people as it was so they'll probably be even worse to deal with.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I really wonder during these times is it better to have a job or not ?? Devil and the deep sea !!!

Reactions: sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I'm going back to work soon and I'm not looking forward to it. For one thing i'm worried most of the people I worked with quit and I really liked some of them. The other problem is I know how nasty and mean customers have gotten during the pandemic and I dealt with some shitty people as it was so they'll probably be even worse to deal with.

I hope that work isn't too bad for you when you return, and I hope you have some good coworkers to work with :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about the shitty customers, I definitely relate to that. Most of my customers today didn't bother to wear a mask/distance which is upsetting since I spent my shift with an itchy mask on, constantly cleaning.