• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

hopeless77

May 9, 2022
Hi all.

I was recently wellness checked (following seizure of N at border) and am now wondering if/how this can affect my future in any way. Here are some questions I have regarding the matter.

Are employers able to see any information regarding the incident via background checks?
Am I now prohibited from working in certain fields?
I know that my GP has record of this as a 'suicide attempt' so I presume that it would be kept on my general medical records; if I am asked to provide my medical records to an employer, will this show up?

Thanks!

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
T

Teenytiny

Experienced
Feb 1, 2022
So your medical records are confidential they can't ask for them because of data protection
I believe checks they do are police however that will be convictions they won't share things like that,
just crimes and even then it depends on the crime its things like if you've been convicted of sex crimes, fraud the kind of things that could impact the business they don't just send over all your medical records as far as I'm aware I dont even think it includes your medical records when they ask to do checks
I'm in the uk too
I honestly can't imagine it's even legal to ask for someone's medical records for a job however I'm not an expert xxx
I think you mean when they do those cbt or whatever there called again and I'm sure there just police checks hun xx

Reactions: wljourney and hopeless77
CassieHoward

CassieHoward

peace out ss
Mar 11, 2022
it's a bit more nuanced than you'd think.

relevant authorities can and do make note of wellness visits. this type of information falls outside the purview of any "privacy laws" because law enforcement was involved. had the product been seized and destroyed with no le intervention, that would he a different story.

now, in the uk different dbs checks will check different amounts of information - your standard check that (i presume) most employers in basic fields use (retail, dining and hospitality, etc.) will not contain this information. standard dbs checks tend to only cover convictions or anytime you show up in court for something involving you (e.g., you went to court to dispute a traffic ticket once.) an enhanced check will probably, however, contain record of this wellness visit (it's still a bit fuzzy to me how often or not it does.) even here, though, it may not necessarily be shared as police will determine what is and isn't relevant information to share with your prospective employer.

if you're just applying for something like retail or data entry i don't see why that info would be shared with your employer; however, if you're applying to be e.g., a teacher or police officer, then that bit of information would absolutely be deemed relevant and would be disclosed.

and no, there's no world where you would have to disclose your entire medical history. employers are certainly entitled to request specific information as it pertains to your ability to do or not do a job (e..g, sick leave), but i can't think of any scenario where they'd need an entire medical history - not something i've ever heard of.

• Informative
Reactions: wljourney, Teenytiny, hopeless77 and 1 other person
H

hopeless77

May 9, 2022
Thanks for your replies @CassieHoward @Teenytiny, cleared up a lot for me :)

Reactions: wljourney and Teenytiny
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm so sorry that happened :(
I don't know a ton about UK policies unfortunately

Γyuk

Γyuk

May 21, 2022
We are already heading to mass extinction the way world acts now, why won't they let us go on out terms!?

This truly is modern slavery…

Wish you all the best ❤️