R43L

R43L

Apr 20, 2019
I just asked out a girl that i was "friend" for a pretty good time, because i think my time to CTB is near (i already failed 4 times) so tried that one last thing as a "last shot" expecting something straight out of a movie would happen like she would tell me that she loved me too and kissed me lol.. what really happened is that she said we had a very good friendship and she loved me as a friend. and walked out i sat there without any feel i guess i cant get more depressed.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ruffian, color_me_gone, CrappyMJ and 4 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I'm really sorry. I have had those same Hollywood hopes. As silly as it might be, in retrospect, it really hurts when the other person hasn't read the script.

Reactions: Ruffian, ArtVandelay and gingerplum
S

stuckforawhile

Mar 12, 2019
How old are you? It's very common to, if not expect, at least hope that something straight out of a movie would happen. But it's more common at a young age.

This kind of "mistake" - asking out a girl who turns out to not be interested, is usually due to inexperience. If a girl is interested, she will signal that she's interested.

Reactions: color_me_gone and ArtVandelay
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I dunno. I'm 49 and still prone to those hopes...

Maybe it's because I have yet to figure out how to read those "signals" I have heard of.

Reactions: Ruffian
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I've had guys do it to me and it sucks. And if she has any kind of heart she's fucking miserable right now as well, even if it's not as bad as what you feel. Because I had a guy friend who had wanted more from me, and I felt really bad that I couldn't reciprocate. On the bright side, he met his wife of 20 years soon after, got married, did the house, the kids and as far as I know, he's still happy.