Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
Obviously things are not going great, or we wouldn't be reading and posting in this forum, but is there really no hope at all?

The reality is, we're still here. We are breathing, and we still have a pulse. Therefore, there must still be some hope.

Personally, I still can't believe but that I've screwed things up so badly, just from a few bad decisions. Especially in light of all the great years that I've had for almost 60 years. But the reality is, I'm still here. I feel like there has got to be a way to turn this thing around.

I'm not trying to be overly optimistic, obviously our lives are a mess. But the fact that we're still alive means that there's at least a sliver of hope. Maybe we should be turning that sliver of hope into a full blown recovery. Maybe it is actually possible to turn the mess that is our life into something good.

I know that whenever I say anything even remotely positive or hopeful, everyone tells me that the thread belongs in the recovery section. The truth though, is that everyone in the discussion area is obviously still alive as well, so there must be some hope, even though it may be very faint.

Think of how a campfire works, because that's basically the way life works. Even that faint ember that has almost gone out completely has the potential to be fanned back into a roaring fire.

I'm not saying that it will happen for everyone, but the chance is definitely there for everyone. I realize how annoying it can be when people sound overly optimistic, but I'm just trying to be honest and accurate.

I also realize, that in many cases the suffering is just too intense and long-term, and there may not be any solutions to relieve this pain. When this is the case, that is where medically assisted dying such as Nembutal should be legally available for all adults who choose it, regardless of the reasons for suffering. This should be our basic human right as adult human beings.

No one should ever be forced into having to resort to using these dangerous and painful methods of suicide. They're barbaric, cruel, and inhumane. We as a species should be way past this by now. We've solved this problem for our pets long ago, we just can't seem to solve it for us. I cannot believe that so many people in the world are putting up with this.

Not for long though, big changes are coming, and will be here even sooner if we speak up. The world is almost at the tipping point now on this issue, so the insanity will not continue much longer.

There are two major types of hope that we need. The hope for recovery and quality living for all those who can achieve it, and the hope for getting rid of the need for barbaric suicide methods for those who cannot.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, whydidthishappen, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
depends on circumstance and what is causing you to suffer, if you have a physical injury like a brain injury there's really no hope , if you have a terminal illness there's really no hope, if your suffering from depression it could get better if you are suffering from financial problems they could also get better, in my case there is no hope at all the only thing left to do is die now

Reactions: divinemistress36, Hollowman, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't agree with this sort of logic. The reason why some of here are alive isn't because there's hope for something better but because suicide methods are just so difficult and inaccessible for some of us. If there was easy access to euthanasia or nembutal, a lot of us wouldn't even be here right now

Reactions: SoulCage, Tony24, divinemistress36 and 8 others
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
If you have that mentality it's great I guess - it means you still have the strength to fight and hope and want things in life.
However this is not the case for most of us.
Personally, I don't see the point. It's hard to explain, but you get to a certain point where it's not about what happened to you/how your parents treated you/how you don't have money/etc... anymore. It becomes so much more than that. Where every breath you take is painful. You no longer wish for a recovery, you no longer wish for good things to happen. Existence becomes such a huge burden, you can't unfeel it. And there's always things you can't recover from. An illness, a heartbreak that lasts for a lifetime, and so on.
Most of us have zero hope, and I mean zero.
We are here because of the survival instincts, but that's it.

Reactions: grauzone, SoulCage, Hollowman and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
You're not wrong. Where I'd say the problem lies is that you need to have enough hope and will to keep trying.

If someone knows they can't fix their problems, there's no hope. Yes, they're alive but that just means more time to suffer.

Alternatively, they may see things they could try. However, their willingness to try may be hampered by a whole bunch of things- they may be physically at a disadvantage- eg. illness, financial or life circumstances may hold them back. They may see little hope in their efforts working out because they have already spent decades putting effort in with little reward. Plus- change requires huge amounts of effort. Otherwise, you just continue to tread water where you are. Worse actually- I expect a lot of people feel like they're swimming against the current. If they actually stay still and do nothing at all, they fall further behind. Things like depression and anhedonia also make it tremendously difficult for people to put in effort.

Personally speaking, more time and effort here are the enemy for me. I'm exhausted. I just want a rest from having to keep trying to sustain a dumb arse life I don't even want to live! (Sorry to sound so aggressive- it's not meant to be directed at you.) It's actually ridiculous when I look at it logically. Like- why am I doing this? It's basically all so my suicide doesn't upset my Dad and because I'm also scared of attempting and/or failing an attempt.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoPoint2Life, ijustwishtodie, EvisceratedJester and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Think of how a campfire works, because that's basically the way life works. Even that faint ember that has almost gone out completely has the potential to be fanned back into a roaring fire.
If you are able to acquire the materials that are necessary to get this fire roaring again ... It can happen but often it takes too long and once the ember is gone you also can't revive the fire.

Reactions: SoulCage and Praying 4 a Miracle
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Dude, nobody goes to the suicide discussion because they want to see crap like this. I'm sorry, but someone still being alive doesn't indicate anything other than them still being alive. A lot of us are still alive because we don't have access to reliable methods. Most people who attempt suicide fail. Hell, I've attempted multiple times before. That's not even mentioning the people who cannot ctb because of certain things going on in their personal lives, forcing them to stick it out until those things get sorted out. In no way does this indicate there is hope for everyone. Along with that, even if there is a "sliver of hope" that doesn't mean that anyone should thus be obligated to work on trying to recover. Recovery is a personal choice and some people aren't interested in it and you have to respect that and move on.

Reactions: grauzone, SilentSadness, Tony24 and 3 others
Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
You're not wrong. Where I'd say the problem lies is that you need to have enough hope and will to keep trying.

If someone knows they can't fix their problems, there's no hope. Yes, they're alive but that just means more time to suffer.

Alternatively, they may see things they could try. However, their willingness to try may be hampered by a whole bunch of things- they may be physically at a disadvantage- eg. illness, financial or life circumstances may hold them back. They may see little hope in their efforts working out because they have already spent decades putting effort in with little reward. Plus- change requires huge amounts of effort. Otherwise, you just continue to tread water where you are. Worse actually- I expect a lot of people feel like they're swimming against the current. If they actually stay still and do nothing at all, they fall further behind. Things like depression and anhedonia also make it tremendously difficult for people to put in effort.

Personally speaking, more time and effort here are the enemy for me. I'm exhausted. I just want a rest from having to keep trying to sustain a dumb arse life I don't even want to live! (Sorry to sound so aggressive- it's not meant to be directed at you.) It's actually ridiculous when I look at it logically. Like- why am I doing this? It's basically all so my suicide doesn't upset my Dad and because I'm also scared of attempting and/or failing an attempt.
What I hear many people saying is that they don't have much hope, but are afraid of having failed attempts. Basically people are stuck in the middle of not much hope for recovery, and yet not much hope of succeeding with suicide attempts either. I still say the two best paths forward or either mustering more hope for, and attempt at recovery OR we need access to a safe and peaceful method of assisted dying. It's either these or we stay stuck in the middle with little or no hope at all, suffering for decades.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What I hear many people saying is that they don't have much hope, but are afraid of having failed attempts. Basically people are stuck in the middle of not much hope for recovery, and yet not much hope of succeeding with suicide attempts either. I still say the two best paths forward or either mustering more hope for, and attempt at recovery OR we need access to a safe and peaceful method of assisted dying. It's either these or we stay stuck in the middle with little or no hope at all, suffering for decades.

Absolutely. I think a lot of us here are in this awful limbo. For many people, I think the decision to die has actually been made. As in- if that's all it took- just a thought, a switch or whatever- they may well have already switched it. As it is, most people are actually rational enough- or rather, cautious enough to realise that it isn't an unconditional decision. They may want to die but they won't risk maiming themselves to do it. Then- I agree with you- it becomes about how we continue to get by in life. Trying to muster up some hope for something or other is one way. That either moves us closer to dieing peacefully or, living half way bearably.

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle
A

aloicious

Oct 11, 2024
I think if you have had the experience of being truly happy in your life, you are in a much better position not only to feel hope but to navigate to that place again. Situational depression is still depression, whether caused by unbearable loss or overwhelm or whatever bad decision led you there, but I imagine it feels different than always having felt depressed no matter what your circumstances.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes. I do believe that people should try to exhaust all options before resorting to throwing in the towel. However, it is up to each individual to make that choice. And as you say, peaceful methods should be, at the very least, afforded to the long term suffering who have had it with life!

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Yes, there really is no hope at all for me, and I will suffer until I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie