GreyClouds

GreyClouds

Oct 24, 2019
This morning while I was getting ready I was thinking life is so systematic. You have to take care of yourself everyday doing the same routines; gain an education (which is schedule based/becomes a routine for x amount of months/years) or work (full-time 8hours a day, 40 hours a week) and every single human being on this earth follows variations of these systematic lifestyles. Of course, everyone has a different view on life, some don't even bother to acknowledge how robotic life truly is. There are people who don't suffer from mental health issues, people who roam freely, people who are able to live a more relaxed lifestyle, business owners who are their own boss. Life is full of trial and error, struggle and success. Which brings me to the thought that life is a gamble from when we are created, consistent of factors that can dictate one's future..

Not one single individual signed up for existence, however, it boils down to individuals who are capable of adapting to these lifestyles. Routine after routine , day by day, habit after habit. We're robots, it's fucking insane. Especially working for huge corporations who suck the life out of you but you are unable to do anything because you need the fucking money. How fucked is that? Stuck in a front line job working for terrible managers unable to take a leap of faith and go to school because you simply cannot afford it. (In my case unable to afford it and so mentally fucked I couldn't fathom sitting in a class room full of others.) Trapped. That's what it is, feeling trapped.

I admire the parents who stay strong through the bullshit and make sure they are able to provide for their children, divorced or not. To create stability in a world where it's so goddamn easy to lose your sanity. To put children through college and offer the support they need to succeed while still teaching proper life skills. To provide a sense of security. All of these factors are so goddamn important to have and although no ones perfect it sure damn well helps to have a somewhat stable environment.

Having to grow up at a young age, provide for yourself at a young age, learn through personal experiences on your own, pretty much adult on your own with no guidance or help is very difficult. Loneliness is a deadly feeling. Being your own support mechanism while being suicidal and depressed is hard.

I've lost hope in the future, I've lost hope living like this for an eternity.

~ Just my thoughts ~

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Elias and Crushed_Innocence
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Like this forum, which is Pro Choice, life is just a series of choices. No one forces you to be a wage slave, or live in a city, or to have a family. Its your choice what you do with your life. Dont bemoan the fact that you are or have made poor choices, do something about them. The only part you have no choice about is birth. The rest is up to you. Dont end up with regrets because you are too scared or too lazy to make changes in your life. Sometimes, we need to be completely selfish and think only of ourselves and our well being. Sometimes we need to consider others and put their needs before our own.

Watch or read Into the Wild, a true story of a man who walked away from everything and everyone to try and live a life of his choosing. There are always series documenting people who give up the rat race and go off to live in some weird and wonderful places. It proves it can be done, but you need to make it happen, not complain about it not happening to you.

GreyClouds

GreyClouds

Oct 24, 2019
Dont end up with regrets because you are too scared or too lazy to make changes in your life. It proves it can be done, but you need to make it happen, not complain about it not happening to you.

By no means am I complaining, sorry if you've read it that way, these are my thoughts. Lazy is most definitely the last thing I am. I have exhausted most ways to make sense of change, however with debt and bills it's not as easy as "up and leave". Thank you for your feedback.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Its not really feedback, just my opinion on how life can be lived if only we choose to make it so. When we choose otherwise, then we have no cause for complaint really. I am fortunate, I have very few regrets because I never thought about life in those terms.

I just noticed you are in Ontario. I lived in Cobourg for a little while and Muskoka as well, way back in '88. A very happy time in my life.

Hopefully, with the right choices, you can turn your life into one that you can take some enjoyment from. If not, then whatever choices you make beyond that are right for you and I for one would always support that. Welcome to SS :wink:

• Love
Reactions: vulturecyclop and GreyClouds