SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
In this world, we are all disposable in the minds of others. Most people don't see other people as humans, but actually as objects. One thing commonly said against suicide is because people care about the person. I think this is demonstrably false in so many cases. The people in this society don't care about the person themselves, only the person as an object. If the person lost their personality but stayed alive, it would take a long time for people to notice. There are so many people, and so little empathy, that most of us are completely alone. Many have never even been complimented in their lives. This is reflective on how much people really care about others. In truth, the answer is not much at all, which is all the more reason why arguments for suicide prevention are delusional and emotional.

• Love
Reactions: Hunter2005, wiltingorchid, ghost44 and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
In your posting, this is the statement that stands out the most to me: Many have never even been complimented in their lives.

Is that something you'd want to talk about?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that most people are too self centred to ever really care about others, it's just the reality, if people were truly caring they would accept suicide as a valid option because it's selfish and cruel to expect somebody else to stay here and suffer against their wishes.

• Love
Reactions: wiltingorchid, ThisIsLife and unnormal9
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I think that most people are too self centred to ever really care about others, it's just the reality, if people were truly caring they would accept suicide as a valid option because it's selfish and cruel to expect somebody else to stay here and suffer against their wishes.
They are factually.

Reactions: ThisIsLife
Azora

Azora

Apr 13, 2023
People in general are naturally self-serving. Care for other people tends to extend to what we like about the person. However, I don't think this is the same for immediate family. We bear a special connection to our parents, children and siblings, whom we can love unconditionally and vice versa.

SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
In your posting, this is the statement that stands out the most to me: Many have never even been complimented in their lives.

Is that something you'd want to talk about?
I have nothing more to say.

• Hugs
Reactions: ikadasui and locked*n*loaded
BloomingRose

BloomingRose

Waiting for the Grand Finale
Jan 24, 2023
Sadly people replace eachother very often when someone loses value in their eyes.
I think it is really cruel as I personally couldn't just replace someone like that.