itsokayitokay

itsokayitokay

May 8, 2024
what are some ways to sh? Ive been struggling with it for a couple years now, using random sharp objects. my most recent method was to cut myself, let it heal for a day or two, then scratch it or cut it up even more. they get more and more uglier and deformed by the day. Its not helping anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: Heartaches
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Please don't start down the path of finding more intense ways to self harm. It won't help. You will end up in a never ending spiral of trying something new until that doesn't help either and so you try another thing until that wears off and it never ends. Self harm can become unimaginably terrible when you don't stop. The things I do to myself are horrific. Please find something other than self harm. Extreme exercise, holding ice, snapping a rubber band. Maybe even something like a hobby would help and could possibly even help your mood. Self harm is never the answer.

• Love
Reactions: Why am i still here, EvisceratedJester, Ash and 3 others
Upvote 3
trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Please don't start down the path of finding more intense ways to self harm. It won't help. You will end up in a never ending spiral of trying something new until that doesn't help either and so you try another thing until that wears off and it never ends. Self harm can become unimaginably terrible when you don't stop. The things I do to myself are horrific. Please find something other than self harm. Extreme exercise, holding ice, snapping a rubber band. Maybe even something like a hobby would help and could possibly even help your mood. Self harm is never the answer.
Exactly this right here. These bodily harm will do nothing but hurts you. If you really want to, go for non-permanent methods.

Reactions: Why am i still here, ladylazarus4 and Forveleth
Upvote 1
justpeachyyyy

justpeachyyyy

May 14, 2024
I never cut myself but when I feel extreme emotion I punch my thighs. It doesn't leave permanent marks and it satisfies the urge for me.

Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
this site isn't for this kind of things

Reactions: sanitystruggle
Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
There is nothing wrong with venting about or discussing self harm here. Many of us struggle with it and for a lot of us it is interrelated to our desire to CTB. Asking for tips, however, is where I draw the line and I would never want someone to fall down the self harm path.

Reactions: Why am i still here and Ash
Upvote 0
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
There is nothing wrong with venting about or discussing self harm here. Many of us struggle with it and for a lot of us it is interrelated to our desire to CTB. Asking for tips, however, is where I draw the line and I would never want someone to fall down the self harm path.
????
he's literally asking to help him sh
and seems like you acknowledge it as well, then why you talking to me?? i never said you're not allowed to vent about sh

Upvote 0
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Best thing about being on the ward was that they had a punchbag. I taught a young guy and a nurse how to use it properly. I often saw the guy using it and after saw him smiling properly instead of the weird, slightly scary smile he'd have on his face half the time before he was about to let rip at someone. It helped me too even though it made my wrist injury worse, which is why I had to quit boxing. I highly recommend joining a boxing gym and learning how to train properly. You don't have to fight, just how to train. Give it a go. Failing that, running, cycling: anything you can do to push yourself to the edge of your limits or just beyond. That's the same chemical reaction in your body that you'll get from SH. It's also gross and disgusting and you may well vomit and pass out (I've done both from extreme exercise and SH). Give it a go.

But please stop using "random" sharp objects to cut unless you're cleaning them properly first. You don't want infections. Trust me on that.

Reactions: Heartaches
Upvote 0
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I mean, why not? Suicide and self-harm are closely linked with each other. An SH thread among dozens of vents and methods isn't out of place.

Also, I agree with @Ash, don't use any random sharp object and clean them properly. I used to do that in the past, I was lucky to never get an infection, but don't risk it. I know you wanna harm yourself, but it's better to mitigate damage, at the minimum.​

Reactions: Why am i still here and Ash
Upvote 0