• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

danishstarlight

danishstarlight

may the stars guide you.
May 29, 2023
Hello, everyone. That's my first post here, so I might mess up with the prefix and the placement of the post itself. Please, inform me if I do.

The question itself is about the safe, but efficient way to self-harm. I am incredibly scared of having infection or harming myself in a way that would be irreversible. For example, having serious injury, or having a risk of accidentally CTBing (Like cutting your veins. I want to stop existing, but not in that way)

So. Do any of you happen to know any self-harm methods that don't have such risks? Or at least, have low possibility of those situations occurring? In the past I only used blades and cut my legs, hands and face, nothing more.

• Hugs
Reactions: ethereal.angel, HappyForever? and girlsboysthems
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
To avoid infection we usually use alcohol 90 ° on the material and 70 ° on the skin if I am not mistaken
But it's painful and useless, even to kill oneself, it is one of the worst ways and it leaves marks..

Reactions: danishstarlight
Upvote 0
Asingletwig

Asingletwig

Oct 1, 2020
You can use rubber bands on your wrist,stings like a bitch but doesn't leave scars like cutting.

Upvote 3
F

FalseRodent

Aug 24, 2023
If you cut the top of your thighs and wash with antibac afterwards the chance of infection is minimal - I've had 6 years without an infection so I think it's safe

Upvote 0
RockCandy

RockCandy

Lover
Aug 22, 2023
I find that using rubber bands or holding ice cubes can be effective methods. These options don't result in visible marks and are reasonably safe. Another option I've come across, albeit not self-harm specific, is the mammalian dive reflex technique. This involves immersing your head in cold water for a few seconds, which prompts a decrease in heart rate, and calms you down. It's useful for anxiety and panic attacks. :heart:

Upvote 2
danishstarlight

danishstarlight

may the stars guide you.
May 29, 2023
If you cut the top of your thighs and wash with antibac afterwards the chance of infection is minimal - I've had 6 years without an infection so I think it's safe
I'll certainly try it. Don't know why I didn't think about it before. Thank you!
I find that using rubber bands or holding ice cubes can be effective methods. These options don't result in visible marks and are reasonably safe. Another option I've come across, albeit not self-harm specific, is the mammalian dive reflex technique. This involves immersing your head in cold water for a few seconds, which prompts a decrease in heart rate, and calms you down. It's useful for anxiety and panic attacks. :heart:
I heard about ice cubes, but it doesn't seem to make me feel better. Will still try again, though.

Thank you about the technique, by the way! Didn't hear about it at all. Sounds intriguing. Should try it some time later.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RockCandy
Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
When I was younger, I'd use a rubber band. Its pretty self explanatory how you can SH with it.

Upvote 0
medipoison

medipoison

the government HATES her!
Aug 21, 2023
cutting near the outer upper side or your thigh near where it joins the hip is pretty non-dangerous but doesnt hurt much. if youre looking for somewhere that hurts and is also non-dangerous i'd say the stomach. its also pretty easy to keep an eye on there so you'll be able to know sooner if there is in infection.

cutting your vein isnt really something that'll make you die. be more worried about arteries. i nicked one just once and bled for over an hour, the adrenaline was probably the only thing stopping me from passing out.
so, i learned my lesson, learn where arteries are and avoid them.

Reactions: danishstarlight and FalseRodent
Upvote 3
danishstarlight

danishstarlight

may the stars guide you.
May 29, 2023
Hi! Thank you a lot. I've been using the dive reflex almost daily now and it makes me feel so much better! Especially when I have anxiety attacks.

• Love
Reactions: thinvy and fwompie
Upvote 2
ElectronicPoet

ElectronicPoet

Aug 22, 2023
Hello, everyone. That's my first post here, so I might mess up with the prefix and the placement of the post itself. Please, inform me if I do.

The question itself is about the safe, but efficient way to self-harm. I am incredibly scared of having infection or harming myself in a way that would be irreversible. For example, having serious injury, or having a risk of accidentally CTBing (Like cutting your veins. I want to stop existing, but not in that way)

So. Do any of you happen to know any self-harm methods that don't have such risks? Or at least, have low possibility of those situations occurring? In the past I only used blades and cut my legs, hands and face, nothing more.
My unprofessional advice: sanitize any tool you're going to use by cleaning it with hot soap and water or dipping it in something like isopropyl alcohol. Do the same with the area you wish to cut, clean with soap and warm water or rub with an alcohol prep pad. Think of what they do before they give you a shot at the doctor. Try to avoid areas most susceptible to infection, I've seen colored charts of a human explaining where it's best to cut and be safe about it. I highly reccomend the thigh, but I've always cut very shalllow. I would say not to cut on areas that you have exposed frequently such as hands and arms, fingers, etc. Always wash your wounds, again, with soap and warm water afterward if you can and bandage them. Just try to be clean and sterile and don't go too deep! Stay safe <3

Upvote 0
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Hi! Thank you a lot. I've been using the dive reflex almost daily now and it makes me feel so much better! Especially when I have anxiety attacks.

yea i was gonna say try a cold shower, or since you are russian a 'polar bear plunge'.

part of self harm is chasing the endorphin release, you are getting that from cold exposure

Upvote 0
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I used to cut. Cutting to deep should not be an issue unless you feel like you can't control the pressure of the blade. If you can't do that, then this self harm method just isn't for you.

However if you can, it's all about being careful. I kept a "cutting kit" and disguised it as a toiletries box for when I took baths/showers. In it we're the blades, isopropyl alcohol 90%> gauze, cotton swabs. Wide bandages for large areas. And triple antibiotic ointment to put under the bandage.

Cutting requires care and awareness. It's a high maintenance self harm technique.

Rubber bands may work. Just make sure they are tight, but not too tight. You wanna be able to pull it back, but you want a deep impact to the skin. And thick rubber to avoid breakage and low impact snaps. and add water to your skin for extra sting. It won't be the same of course. But it's something.

Upvote 0