guinea-pig

guinea-pig

:0
Jul 31, 2023
I am fine with myself going through it but watching someone you care about it go through it too, it makes you even more angry at the world and everything. I thought I accepted that things are the way they are right now and I just have to take time to figure it out. But after learning everything with my grandpa I'm angry again he deserves a peaceful way to go, not this. He is drinking his way into death and he is losing his mind because of it and age doesn't help. A little bit ago his house flooded a foot with flood water and he told no one we had to get a text from the neighbor two days later and when my parents went to go help they said he kept saying he doesn't know why they are there. He is also just wanting to be isolate so he can drink and literally wait. He doesn't want to go to family parties anymore which he used to do even though I know it was a lot for him so I know he is at a limit.

One time, he was walking his dog and he fell in the snow. He couldn't get up but he had is phone on him but he called no one, he was found by a neighbor. He just wanted to die alone in the snow. He could be surrounded by love and care and peace but no, it is not allowed. I wish I could help him find a peacefully way so he doesn't live waiting to die because he doesn't deserve this as his last moments. I know he doesn't want this either for his end. He had a decent life that he built and was a good person but now he is a living zombie and wanting to die in anyway because there is no peaceful way out. It is shitty that it is like this, I believe anyone should be able to choose to die but I really I don't understand how the majority doesn't believe at least that older people deserve the right to die. It just doesn't make sense.

All I can wish for is that there is no suffering when he dies. I want him to get that peace at least.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Maeve, corazon and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just so incredibly inhumane how people cannot just choose to die in peace, it's so horrible expecting someone to suffer so endlessly until they die anyway, restricting peaceful suicide methods just leads to unnecessary torture and that's tragic to me. Do those people who are against the right to die in peace really want to die slow, painful deaths, because they have to die someday, there's no escaping death.

Reactions: AncientSorrow and guinea-pig
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I know he doesn't want this either for his end.
That is entirely up to him, just as what you do is entirely up to you. Most people who die organically go through some degree of suffering. It's just the way it is, it's how the world is. Many wouldn't even consider CTB no matter how much suffering they're going through. Your grandpa sounds like he's doing what he needs to do to get through whatever he has going on. Old people fall all the time. My mom fell and she had one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" devices. Do you think she would have pressed the button and gotten help to her house? Nope. I ended up finding her the next day, on the floor, when I went over to her house. Even if he were to ask you for help in ending his suffering, that's probably not a good idea for you, as assisted suicide is illegal.