M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I turned 18 in 2010. For the past 10 years since then I've done absolutely nothing. Literally. I've spent all this time in my room either sleeping or watching tv or generally doing nothing. The past week it's hit me how much I could have achieved and the years that I'll never get back. Time has gone so fast.

does anyone feel like this?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, OvertheRainbeaux, waterbottleman and 19 others
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I turned 18 in 2010. For the past 10 years since then I've done absolutely nothing. Literally. I've spent all this time in my room either sleeping or watching tv or generally doing nothing. The past week it's hit me how much I could have achieved and the years that I'll never get back. Time has gone so fast.

ok, but you're still pretty young. There are still lots of things you could do.....

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Sensei, puppy9 and 2 others
D

dmsdnd18

Sep 26, 2019
Im about the same age and i feel the same. I have a lot of regrets in my life but mostly for the things i didnt do. I have nothing to show for the last decade. It just makes me so depressed thinking about how much of a failure i am

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, hatelife and 6 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
ok, but you're still pretty young. There are still lots of things you could do.....
People tell me this and it doesn't motivate me. I feel like if you haven't made friendships, got a decent education, been in a relationship by the time you're 27 there's no hope. I know this may be a bit irrational but it's how I feel. I just despair at the time I've lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, hatelife and 9 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I had to give up two jobs that I loved in 2010 because of my sigO's career. Due to a language barrier and ageism, August 15, 2010 was the last day that I worked. I loved my jobs, and every single day I live with regret that I am adrift, and the corporate transfer gave him two years of employment before they tossed him aside in a mass layoff (he had survived 19 previous rounds) I survived nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, nw7, puppy9 and 1 other person
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
People tell me this and it doesn't motivate me. I feel like if you haven't made friendships, got a decent education, been in a relationship by the time you're 27 there's no hope. I know this may be a bit irrational but it's how I feel. I just despair at the time I've lost.
ok, but 27 really isn't old at all.
Perhaps you could do an open university degree or some other online degree, or something like that ?

There might be some funding options for mature students that you could look into....
Perhaps you could pick something you have a genuine interest in ?
With the right mindset, there might be more doors open than you realise....

But I don't know all the specifics of your situation.
In terms of physical health, do you think those issues can be resolved ?

Of course, if you really wanted to CTB then I would support you, but it's good to try to consider other options first.....

• Love
Reactions: Rosiel, puppy9, mediocre and 1 other person
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I finished college at 34 and worked in a career I loved. I married my husband 28 years ago, when I was 28. I suck at friendships! Still trying to figure that out:)
It is hard to move forward when the past is so captivating. What would it take to make the future interesting for you?

• Love
Reactions: puppy9 and mediocre
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019

I'm on the same boat. At least I'm not alone. :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Circles, LegaliseIt! and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
ok, but 27 really isn't old at all.
Perhaps you could do an open university degree or some other online degree, or something like that ?

There might be some funding options for mature students that you could look into....
Perhaps you could pick something you have a genuine interest in ?
With the right mindset, there might be more doors open than you realise....

But I don't know all the specifics of your situation.
In terms of physical health, do you think those issues can be resolved ?

Of course, if you really wanted to CTB then I would support you, but it's good to try to consider other options first.....
I have aspergers and a lot of physical pain. I have a lot of nuerological issues too. This has all held me back the past few years. I did go to a college a few years ago to get qualifications you'd usually get in high school that I missed because I dropped out early. But that's it. Open University is good but it doesn't help with my social isolation.

Thanks though for your encouragement :hug:
I finished college at 34 and worked in a career I loved. I married my husband 28 years ago, when I was 28. I suck at friendships! Still trying to figure that out:)
It is hard to move forward when the past is so captivating. What would it take to make the future interesting for you?
You've achieved a lot in your life! It baffles me sometimes when people are able to be in relationships but struggle to make friendships.

I don't think there is a future for me. Getting over my aspergers and physical ailments would help but I see no hope.
I'm on the same boat. At least I'm not alone. :hug:
it's amazing to hear from others who understand :hug:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, LegaliseIt!, puppy9 and 2 others
PartingGlass

PartingGlass

Dec 26, 2019
I did the same. Graduated from high school a few years ago and since then I've just sat around and wasted time. I feel like I'm too damn old to change anything now. People keep telling me that I'm still really young and practically "still a kid", but it doesn't make me feel any different.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, justwhy?, Kassender and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I really relate. I'm in my late 20s also. I almost made something of myself but a lot of bad things happened to me particularly after 2014 and it all went downhill from there. My mental issues and physical issues have gotten worse and I haven't worked in almost 3 years. I was living and traveling with my ex and slightly improving but he recently dumped me and left me homeless so I had to go back to my family and it's made me more depressed. I also have Asperger's (according to what I was diagnosed as child) and it's rough.

I'm currently debating trying to get a job again but everything I can handle physically I can't handle mentally and everything I can handle mentally I can't handle physically. I can't afford to go back to school.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, hatelife, justwhy? and 3 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yup. I turned 20 in 2010 so the last decade was pretty much my 20's wasted. I've spent almost the whole time mentally unwell and just doing nothing. It breaks my heart thinking of all the wasted years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, hatelife and 5 others
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
Same boat. It's still floating. Currently trying to put holes in it. Land is just too far away to reach with oars and no sail.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, thepolarbear, mediocre and 1 other person
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I'm the same age and I feel like I've pretty much wasted the decade too. In hindsight it's no wonder I've wasted it since my attitude has mostly been "I am going to ctb in the end anyway so it doesn't really matter what I do."

• Hugs
Reactions: NoEasyWayOut, Élégie, Circles and 5 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Well, I've wasted more years than that. There's no other way than to try to live here and now, because the past can obviously not be changed. To quote the most bloody awful Star Wars movie ever produced: Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, justwhy?, puppy9 and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'm the same age and I feel like I've pretty much wasted the decade too. In hindsight it's no wonder I've wasted it since my attitude has mostly been "I am going to ctb in the end anyway so it doesn't really matter what I do."
my attitude was exactly the same so I never bothered to look after myself I neglected my physical health especially my teeth and now I'm paying the price for it. I'll always have pain now no matter what I do.
Well, I've wasted more years than that. There's no other way than to try to live here and now, because the past can obviously not be changed. To quote the most bloody awful Star Wars movie ever produced: Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.
I agree but it's difficult to move forward when you're stuck in the past.
was that quote from The Last Jedi? I've never seen any of the new trilogy but I've watched people on Youtube that really hate that movie.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Circles, justwhy? and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I agree but it's difficult to move forward when you're stuck in the past.

It's very difficult, but we must try.

was that quote from The Last Jedi? I've never seen any of the new trilogy but I've watched people on Youtube that really hate that movie.

I hate it with a passion. Luckily, The Mandalorian allows me to travel to that beautiful galaxy far, far away when I need to forget about the world for a moment. :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, puppy9 and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's very difficult, but we must try.

I hate it with a passion. Luckily, The Mandalorian allows me to travel to that beautiful galaxy far, far away when I need to forget about the world for a moment. :)
I haven't watched The Mandalorian either but I've heard a lot about it's difficult to avoid spoilers. I saw a screenshot of baby yoda :happy:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, puppy9 and Sensei
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Hey... you have me. ;)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, LegaliseIt!, puppy9 and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I haven't watched The Mandalorian either but I've heard a lot about it's difficult to avoid spoilers. I saw a screenshot of baby yoda :happy:

I'm a grown-up man and this is not something I normally would say, but baby Yoda is CUTE. :happy:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, LegaliseIt!, puppy9 and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Switched my total career at age 40. It can be done. So it took me longer than you to find the proper career. I now work from my house, never leave my bed, but that's another story. Lol.
I'm a grown-up man and this is not something I normally would say, but baby Yoda is CUTE. :happy:
You are entitled to have a guilty pleasure :blarg:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Circles, Ame and 4 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yea, time is moving and wasting us. Life is unfair and not everyone is capable of doing stuff in limited time. Some are slower and some can't do anything.

So for example, if I got pain and problems or get anhedonic or anything, it will take a big percentage of time. Then lets see how much time eating, sleeping and other regular stuff takes. No time left and we are wasted by life itself.

There are also many problems, sometimes people can actually do something but still want to do more but can't which will still make them feel bad.

For me, much time is wasted because much of the time I can't do anything. Fucking life.

Time flow is brutal

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, justwhy? and 3 others
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Oh yes, the story of my life. I'm around the same age too. Full of despair and torment. A lot of wrong choices and regrets.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, justwhy? and 4 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I have aspergers and a lot of physical pain. I have a lot of nuerological issues too. This has all held me back the past few years. I did go to a college a few years ago to get qualifications you'd usually get in high school that I missed because I dropped out early. But that's it. Open University is good but it doesn't help with my social isolation.

Thanks though for your encouragement :hug:

You've achieved a lot in your life! It baffles me sometimes when people are able to be in relationships but struggle to make friendships.

I don't think there is a future for me. Getting over my aspergers and physical ailments would help but I see no hope.

it's amazing to hear from others who understand :hug:
I have a husband because I am a citizen of a good country. He is from a "troubled " country. I wish that I could save his lovely family.
My husband understands that I am "not conventionally pretty" and I am a social disaster, but he adores the passport that our betrothal brought him, 28 years later, he's still kind—as long as I act like a cousin, because I am ugly as f**k!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, justwhy?, mediocre and 1 other person
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm almost 30 and have spent most of my life doing absolutely nothing and wasting away. So I can relate to this so very much... Wasting away wasn't a choice, though. I'm severely mentally ill that it has prevented me from living a fulfilling live and I'm living on disability / food stamps due to it. I'm frozen in time.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Élégie, Circles and 7 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Graduated Highschool in 2013, got my dead end job the same year and got my license in 2016, besides that i've truly done fuck-all this decade and it probably won't be much different this next decade. I'd rather get the dying over with than deal with such regret.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, justwhy? and 2 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019

Hell yes i am in my mid 40s and as far back as i can remember i just piss my life away :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, Sensei, justwhy? and 2 others
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
Definitely the worst decade of my life

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Circles, mediocre and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018

Damn right. Turned 18 in 2004. Wasted six years. Regretted it ever since 2010. It's gone ridiculously quickly. Haven't done anything with it. I'm in exactly the same place I was at 17 only now the wrong side of my 20's

• Hugs
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

Me too. Yes the time passes so fast. I wasted the whole decade from 2010 to 2020 doing useless crap mostly watching TV. This is why
i have no job skills, no money nothing just debt and clutter(junk). Time is your most valuable asset. I learned that this year, too late. It goes by so so fast. TV is crap. I also watched a lot of youtube videos also crap.

Me too. I wasted the decade watching TV. And previously more before 2010. I was an extreme TV addict, news junkie, sports fan, tv shows, everything. This was the cause of all my problems. Now it's too late for me . Trying to quit those useless addictions but even if i
quit it's too late i'm older than you. My life is done

Nobody taught me the value of time.

Only thing left for me to do is ctb

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love