apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
I think my chronic loneliness stems from constantly moving as a child. As someone who's socially anxious, it was tough to make lasting friendships or to feel a sense of community in wherever I moved. The stress of deployments didn't help either.

If there is anyone else on here that was a military kid, I'd love to hear some of your story and how being one impacted you. :)

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
What does "military kid" mean exactly? Like growing up on a military base or just having parents in the military? I had the latter at least. To this day I can't do with the sound of planes.

apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
What does "military kid" mean exactly? Like growing up on a military base or just having parents in the military? I had the latter at least. To this day I can't do with the sound of planes.
Military kid encompasses anyone who had a parent who was in the military, on base or not on base. Sorry that planes bother you!

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
NegevChina

NegevChina

Sep 5, 2024
I think my chronic loneliness stems from constantly moving as a child. As someone who's socially anxious, it was tough to make lasting friendships or to feel a sense of community in wherever I moved. The stress of deployments didn't help either.

If there is anyone else on here that was a military kid, I'd love to hear some of your story and how being one impacted you. :)
I have the same childhood traumas though not a military kid, rather had to leave my country due to my fathers job. When i was 7 my father got a job in Canada. Left all my friends behind, had to learn a new language (English is not my native language). Then a year later we moved from Winnipeg to Toronto- had to start all over again. After another year- my family moved back to my native country but to a different city. once again no friends, already heavily suffering from social anxiety. not more than 6 months later- back to my birth town- only to leave 2 years later to a different city. The cycle begins again. At this stage i had no sense of belonging anywhere. I'm also feeling lonely.

• Hugs
Reactions: apearl
A

athiestjoe

Sep 24, 2024
I was, we moved around so much and growing up it was an absolute nightmare. Impossible to form friendships and we also moved somewhere with another language as the local language so I was even more isolated. Dreaded the entire expeirnece but I know a lot of brats (military brats) who loved it so maybe I am just a weirdo and thought it was misery. Idk.

• Hugs
Reactions: apearl