S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
I know I cannot bring this topic up with people I know IRL, but I don't want this to be shocking, I also want them to understand my choice. Instead of being questioned and sent to a therapist, I hope I would be told that it is okay for me to go.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals, and 10 others, lv-gras and 2 others
I

IWishYouAllGoodLuck

Student
Aug 17, 2018
If you want to ctb, its best to not tell anybody. I wanted to but i know i absolutely can't and there will be no way to turn back time.

Reactions: Freesan, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Lost and 3 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I know I cannot bring this topic up with people I know IRL, but I don't want this to be shocking, I also want them to understand my choice. Instead of being questioned and sent to a therapist, I hope I would be told that it is okay for me to go.

No one who is close to me will be shocked let's put it that way.

Depending on your circumstances and age I would tred carefully here.

I dont have parents so am a free bird in that sense—no threat of being sectioned etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: skitliv, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, lv-gras and 4 others
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I know what you mean. I wish I could talk about it openly irl but it would be a bad idea. Sadly this is the only place I can be honest about my thoughts.

Reactions: FadedMemory, bag.of.cats, lv-gras and 2 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

Not likely especially if your parents are still alive, sadly.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and throwaway123
S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
If you want to ctb, its best to not tell anybody. I wanted to but i know i absolutely can't and there will be no way to turn back time.
I know I cannot tell anyone. I really wish I can, I want to say goodbye properly before I go. But yep I won't tell them until I do it and will only tell them via a delayed post/email.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
I

IWishYouAllGoodLuck

Student
Aug 17, 2018
I know I cannot tell anyone. I really wish I can, I want to say goodbye properly before I go. But yep I won't tell them until I do it and will only tell them via a delayed post/email.
Watch out for Boomerang as delayed email option it glitches sometimes and sends the email right away

Reactions: bag.of.cats, lv-gras and Tiburcio
S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
No one who is close to me with be shocked let's put it that way.

Depending on your circumstances and age I would tred carefully here.

I dont have parents so am a free bird in that sense—no threat of being sectioned etc.

They might be shocked because I don't show signs of depression or other mental illness, and I seem to be someone who just doesn't care about a thing. Anyway, it is just a wish, I won't talk to them about this.

Have you shared thoughts with your close ones about this?

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
I know what you mean. I wish I could talk about it openly irl but it would be a bad idea. Sadly this is the only place I can be honest about my thoughts.

I hope the society will change that one day it can accept choices like this.

This place is so nice. Just, if the society is like this place, I think the fewer people will do ctb.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
They might be shocked because I don't show signs of depression or other mental illness, and I seem to be someone who just doesn't care about a thing. Anyway, it is just a wish, I won't talk to them about this.

Have you shared thoughts with your close ones about this?

Yes. The encouraged me to get "treatment" but I believe they see the writing on the wall.

S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
Watch out for Boomerang as delayed email option it glitches sometimes and sends the email right away

This. I am really worried about this. Hope there is some way to guarantee its success.

S

shortjoke

Aug 11, 2018
Yes. The encouraged me to get "treatment" but I believe they see the writing on the wall.

The writing on the wall...? Did you erase/cover them after that? I had something similar but I removed them when I made this choice.

Reactions: lv-gras and and 10 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I unfortunately, cannot tell anyone and even dropping hints is still dangerous because all it takes is one "concerned" individual rattling off to the authorities (law enforcement, mental health professionals, people with authority or duty to report), and then everything goes to shit and life becomes worse off than it was before.

This site (and maybe some other ones out there) is the only place I can openly talk about suicide (without pro-life rhetoric and garbage or risk of being persecuted) and the methods to commit suicide with.

Reactions: shortjoke, lv-gras, Anarchy and 1 other person
F

Freesan

Student
Jul 3, 2018
In some really rare situations, people will respond with understanding and acceptance to a long struggle and letting go, even though they would miss you.

In most cases people will not accept ctb
So its a risk.

Iif you are determined to ctb and you want them to understand, you could possibly leave a note behind with some explanations.

Reactions: shortjoke