• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PoisonedOxygen

PoisonedOxygen

May 20, 2023
𓆩♡𓆪
VOLUNTEER DISCUSSION
Whether you plan on leaving soon, you are in recovery or still not decided and you want to do something good for someone this thread is for you!
Here we can all discuss, give ideas and our own thoughts, tell our stories about volounteering.

- I'D LIKE TO HELP, WHAT CAN I DO, WHERE CAN I VOLOUNTEER? -

There are no boundaries to doing good and giving help! It can even be a small amount
of help in garden for your neighbours or borrowing your friend grocery money when their budget is tight. You can also post your
ideas about coming to someone's aid! Here are some ideas:

♡ ANIMAL SHELTERS
♡ DONATING TO A CHARITY OR SOCIAL INITIATIVE
♡ HOMELESS SHELTERS
♡ RETIRING HOMES
♡ HOSPITALS
♡ LOCAL LIBRARIES
♡ HELPING YOUR FRIENDS
♡ GARDENING
♡ OUTDOOR TRASH CLEANING
♡ PETSITTING
♡ CLEANING HOMES OF SOMEONE IN NEED
♡ HELPING UNCUREABLE DISEASES PATIENTS
♡ HELPING SOMEONE WITH A WHEELCHAIR
♡ HELP WITH CROSSING A ROAD
♡ HELPING WITH A SMALL BUSINESS
♡ PLANT SOME TREES

Remember, you can start any day. If your anxiety is killing you no worry, you should not feel
obligated when you don't have a strenght for any of this. By creating this topic I hope it brings some peace to us all. Either when you are
CTB'ing soon or you are looking for something to help you during recovery. I'm hoping it all affects us in a good way.

USEFUL LINKS:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: innominesatanas44, Onelegman, Forever Sleep and 11 others
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
I volunteer for a couple of charities. One links up tutors to refugees looking to improve their English, another which links up tutors to kids from disadvantaged backgrounds doing their GCSEs/A-levels. It's all online, a few hours a week and I can do it from bed which is useful as that's where I mainly live. I can recommend it. It's one of the reasons I haven't CTB yet.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonedOxygen and ColorlessTrees
soulkitty

soulkitty

ロロ□
Apr 6, 2024
This is awesome!! ♡

• Love
Reactions: PoisonedOxygen
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I'm a volunteer at an animal shelter in my town. Have been helping there since 2022, every week , 2 days in the morning. It gives me a reason to get up although it's a pain sometimes but I haven't missed on day due to mental sickness just when I was really physically sick.
IT obviously gives me something and they made me a foster home for cats after my 1st year and I have had foster cats till early this year as they all found a good forever home. I like working with animals and they are just pure and honest in a way no human can ever be.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonedOxygen and persimmon
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
I volunteer in Red Cross (for young people), as well as have done some with cancer-associated charities. Also, have done with homeless shelters and helping people to donate food for those in need. It's nice to do it.

• Love
Reactions: PoisonedOxygen, lost_ange2211 and persimmon
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

• Love
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I volunteer for a couple of charities. One links up tutors to refugees looking to improve their English, another which links up tutors to kids from disadvantaged backgrounds doing their GCSEs/A-levels. It's all online, a few hours a week and I can do it from bed which is useful as that's where I mainly live. I can recommend it. It's one of the reasons I haven't CTB yet.

Slf wsh tht hd knwn abt thse chartis b4 epsde - defntly typ of wrk tht wld hve bn invlvd in

• Hugs
Reactions: persimmon
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Volunteering helped me from offing myself when I felt I had no purpose in life. Did Red Cross, animal shelter, ACS, and prosecutor volunteering. It kept me busy most days. They really loved the help during the holidays, especially Christmas. When COVID hit and we were unable to do any volunteer work, I was going downhill fast.

The only downside to the Red Cross is that there's a loooooot of training. omfg like 40 hours of videos before I could deploy as an EMT for Disaster Action Response. But it's worth it. Seeing people devastated by Hurricane Sandy made me appreciate the life I have.
We need more volunteers than ever. It gets you connected with real people in real life. No connection online could compare.

Last edited:
  • Love
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
Slf wsh tht hd knwn abt thse chartis b4 epsde - defntly typ of wrk tht wld hve bn invlvd in
And a totally understandable one. It's a terrible shame you can't currently get involved, as you would like to.