lamargue

lamargue

infidel
Jun 5, 2024
please. i need new copes

ive played subahibi, saya no uta, steins;gate, milk outside of a bag of milk outside of a bag of milk, umineko and chaos;head noah. i'm a neophyte when it comes to this stuff

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
See steinsgate0 also side Steins rmnc etc, all amaze

Reactions: lamargue
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan. Start with the OG trilogy. 😎

Reactions: astr4 and lamargue
SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
Can't recommend any VNs aside from VA-11 HALL-A and the three Class of 09 games. If you're open to trying out rpgmaker games, which generally has the same storytelling-focused gameplay format, then I can give you a list.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Sep 17, 2022
0 escp trlgy
Rly unq

lamargue

lamargue

infidel
Jun 5, 2024
See steinsgate0 also side Steins rmnc etc, all amaze
lol i'm too scared to play steins;gate 0. in my mind the canonical ending is the OVA. i don't want to see okabe suffer anymore
I'm a huge Ace Attorney fan. Start with the OG trilogy. 😎
played the first game a long time ago. i remember it being pretty fun, might give it another try. hopefully my brain can process it
Can't recommend any VNs aside from VA-11 HALL-A and the three Class of 09 games. If you're open to trying out rpgmaker games, which generally has the same storytelling-focused gameplay format, then I can give you a list.
va-11 is pretty good. havent played class of 09. i've played many rpgmaker games in my time, since i used to be obsessed with them. would be glad to hear recs!

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Sep 17, 2022
lol i'm too scared to play steins;gate 0. in my mind the canonical ending is the OVA. i don't want to see okabe suffer anymore

played the first game a long time ago. i remember it being pretty fun, might give it another try. hopefully my brain can process it

va-11 is pretty good. havent played class of 09. i've played many rpgmaker games in my time, since i used to be obsessed with them. would be glad to hear recs!
Steins0 mid hpn no end can see no prblm

lamargue

lamargue

infidel
Jun 5, 2024
Steins0 mid hpn no end can see no prblm
you're right. his sacrifice is necessary for the completion of the true end in the original game. but my brain isn't adapted enough to set it linearly, so the most lasting memory in my mind will end up being okabe's pain. maybe if i work up enough courage i can give it a try

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The third game is peak. It's worth getting through the lesser parts of the second game too because the last case there is one of the best. My absolute favorite game is the 6th game though.

SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024

Class of 09 is fun because of how ridiculous and over-the-top it is with its satire. The third game is by far the most screwed up but it's worth it, if you're into that kind of comedy.

It would be cool if you could recommend me some rpgmaker games that I've never heard of before. Although I was really into them since childhood, I didn't actually play many of them.

Here's a list of rpgmaker games that I'm able to remember:

• Mogeko Castle - A story about a girl who ends up in a different world after missing her stop. As dark and disturbing as the game may seem to some people, I always found the atmosphere and overall story to be peaceful and relaxing.
  • Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - About a sea witch tells you a story about one who had to save her world while trying to uncover her lost memories.
  • OneShot - You're trying to help someone get back to their home. I really don't want to reveal too much about this one.
  • Angels of Death - Story of a girl trying to escape everything, including her life. Literally. There's an anime and manga for this now, but I always preferred the game. Maybe out of biasness, but I felt more immersed in the game's story than I did with the show.
  • Misao - A girl in your class has cursed the school after dying. You try to figure out how to lift the curse to save both yourself and the others trapped with you.
  • Midnight Train - Another story about a girl who gets off on the wrong stop. This time it's a mute girl who prefers to confront things head on with her physical prowess. This one is much less disturbing than most of the other games on this list but still manages to be as, if not more emotionally impactful.
  • Paper Lily - Last time I played, there was only a demo. You follow the story of girl who has trouble with taking the intiative along with a slew of other issues in her life.
  • Time is Solid Here - A very short but enjoyable game for its bizarre yet somehow suffocating and relaxing atmosphere. The game had potential to be more, but iirc, it was a school project.
  • Schuld - I barely remember this one because of how old it was, but it's about a guy who goes through the world that's perishing from a plague known as 'The Rot.'
  • Ib - Story of a girl getting stuck in an art gallery that seems to be alive.
  • Project Kat - I played this back when it was in its demo stage. It's about a girl who decides to test the supernatural world by experimenting with a ritual.
  • Strange Men series - There's a total of 4 games in this series (possibly a 5th one called Mermaid Swamp but I'm not sure if it's a part of the series.) Every game is pretty much a story of each of the games' respective main characters' trauma and regrets.
  • Paranoiac - There's a remake for this game that's a lot less scary, but is also less tedious to play. You play as a struggling author plagued with depression and the troubles of familial trauma who was forced to move into a new place.
  • Pocket Mirror - Forgot a lot about this game, but it's very puzzle-based. You're basically in a world similar to 'Alice in Wonderland' in aesthetic and are guiding the main character to help her figure out her identity.
  • Hello Charlotte series - I only played the first one. The world revolves around the main character who's basically a conceptual doll who was made to be controlled to further a 'plan' or 'narrative' of her world. There are other aspects to it but it wasn't fully explained or touched upon in the first game. It's a very strange world that seems to be heavily inspired by fairy tales.
  • Fear and Hunger 1 & 2 - This one has actual gameplay in it and is known to be very difficult and unforgiving. The series revolves around a bleak world that's run by gods that are better described as devils who demand only the most grotesque and disturbing practices from their followers. The game is definitely more disturbing than the other games that I've previously listed.

lamargue

lamargue

infidel
Jun 5, 2024
Class of 09 is fun because of how ridiculous and over-the-top it is with its satire. The third game is by far the most screwed up but it's worth it, if you're into that kind of comedy.

It would be cool if you could recommend me some rpgmaker games that I've never heard of before. Although I was really into them since childhood, I didn't actually play many of them.

Here's a list of rpgmaker games that I'm able to remember:

• Mogeko Castle - A story about a girl who ends up in a different world after missing her stop. As dark and disturbing as the game may seem to some people, I always found the atmosphere and overall story to be peaceful and relaxing.
  • Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea - About a sea witch tells you a story about one who had to save her world while trying to uncover her lost memories.
  • OneShot - You're trying to help someone get back to their home. I really don't want to reveal too much about this one.
  • Angels of Death - Story of a girl trying to escape everything, including her life. Literally. There's an anime and manga for this now, but I always preferred the game. Maybe out of biasness, but I felt more immersed in the game's story than I did with the show.
  • Misao - A girl in your class has cursed the school after dying. You try to figure out how to lift the curse to save both yourself and the others trapped with you.
  • Midnight Train - Another story about a girl who gets off on the wrong stop. This time it's a mute girl who prefers to confront things head on with her physical prowess. This one is much less disturbing than most of the other games on this list but still manages to be as, if not more emotionally impactful.
  • Paper Lily - Last time I played, there was only a demo. You follow the story of girl who has trouble with taking the intiative along with a slew of other issues in her life.
  • Time is Solid Here - A very short but enjoyable game for its bizarre yet somehow suffocating and relaxing atmosphere. The game had potential to be more, but iirc, it was a school project.
  • Schuld - I barely remember this one because of how old it was, but it's about a guy who goes through the world that's perishing from a plague known as 'The Rot.'
  • Ib - Story of a girl getting stuck in an art gallery that seems to be alive.
  • Project Kat - I played this back when it was in its demo stage. It's about a girl who decides to test the supernatural world by experimenting with a ritual.
  • Strange Men series - There's a total of 4 games in this series (possibly a 5th one called Mermaid Swamp but I'm not sure if it's a part of the series.) Every game is pretty much a story of each of the games' respective main characters' trauma and regrets.
  • Paranoiac - There's a remake for this game that's a lot less scary, but is also less tedious to play. You play as a struggling author plagued with depression and the troubles of familial trauma who was forced to move into a new place.
  • Pocket Mirror - Forgot a lot about this game, but it's very puzzle-based. You're basically in a world similar to 'Alice in Wonderland' in aesthetic and are guiding the main character to help her figure out her identity.
  • Hello Charlotte series - I only played the first one. The world revolves around the main character who's basically a conceptual doll who was made to be controlled to further a 'plan' or 'narrative' of her world. There are other aspects to it but it wasn't fully explained or touched upon in the first game. It's a very strange world that seems to be heavily inspired by fairy tales.
  • Fear and Hunger 1 & 2 - This one has actual gameplay in it and is known to be very difficult and unforgiving. The series revolves around a bleak world that's run by gods that are better described as devils who demand only the most grotesque and disturbing practices from their followers. The game is definitely more disturbing than the other games that I've previously listed.
ive only played about half of these, so it'll be interesting to check out the rest. some recs that you didn't mention: end roll, omori, farethere city, the gray garden, space funeral, off, lisa the first + lisa the painful and mermaid swamp. most of these (aside from the newer ones) were games that i grew up with, so i might be a little biased in judging their quality

Reactions: SteamaHorns
SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
ive only played about half of these, so it'll be interesting to check out the rest. some recs that you didn't mention: end roll, omori, farethere city, the gray garden, space funeral, off, lisa the first + lisa the painful and mermaid swamp. most of these (aside from the newer ones) were games that i grew up with, so i might be a little biased in judging their quality
Oh yeah I played The Gray Garden but never finished it. Always wanted to get into off and Omori because my friend told me that it was really good. Nevver heard of farethere city though.