ready to go....

ready to go....

exhausted
Feb 16, 2022
With the recent YouTube video that's come to light, I think it's safe to say this community has been painted as nothing but evil, which is absolute bullshit!

I have spoken to so many people on here that have offered me words of love and support, when I've had absolutely no one else to turn to.
This community is loving, caring, and extremely empathetic, yet we've been painted as this psychotic cult that wish and encourage death on other members... its BULLSHIT.

I'm sending everyone the biggest virtual hug right now, because I think we all need it.

We support each other, we listen to each other, and we make everyone's feelings valid. These people who are lurking, and making assumptions about us, have absolutely no idea what it's like to be us, and live the lives we do, and feel the way we do. They don't care about us or our feelings, they don't understand us!

Big love to everyone here ❤

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ve.nin, Ravel, Forever Sleep and 15 others
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
I agree that the cult thing was.... so brain numbing. I didn't even know how to think of it. I think to an outsider, I can kinda understand why he would think that, but man. It's an actual joke of an argument.

Sending hugs to everyone as well. I'm always here if anyone needs to talk about anything, for any reason.

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul, epic, Wisdom3_1-9 and 1 other person
ready to go....

ready to go....

exhausted
Feb 16, 2022
I agree that the cult thing was.... so brain numbing. I didn't even know how to think of it. I think to an outsider, I can kinda understand why he would think that, but man. It's an actual joke of an argument.

Sending hugs to everyone as well. I'm always here if anyone needs to talk about anything, for any reason.
Right? And I'm completely mind boggled as to why he wouldn't mention the recovery part of this community, he's clearly been snooping around so would of come across that at some point. I have read some really lovely stories from people who have recovered or are in recovery, some with help from people here, yet he decided to completely miss that part and just paint this as a toxic place.

And yes, there are a few people on here who I've been a little weary of after some questionable comments, replies etc, but don't put us all under the same umbrella!

Reactions: epic and Wisdom3_1-9
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
Right? And I'm completely mind boggled as to why he wouldn't mention the recovery part of this community, he's clearly been snooping around so would of come across that at some point. I have read some really lovely stories from people who have recovered or are in recovery, some with help from people here, yet he decided to completely miss that part and just paint this as a toxic place.

And yes, there are a few people on here who I've been a little weary of after some questionable comments, replies etc, but don't put us all under the same umbrella!
To be fair, it doesn't seem like he actually did a lot of research in the video. Or at least not super deep into it; most of the stuff he cites are articles and whatnot, not anything anyone here has said. I pointed out how I was soo confused by his "SS2" comments. I agree that it's messed up not to at least mention the recovery part of the forum. Even offtopic where people play forum games together or something. It's not all doom and gloom here, as hard that might be for some people to comprehend.

Oh, yes, I agree about the questionable comments, but y'know. Just gotta keep an eye out for now. I agree that we shouldn't all be under one umbrella.

Reactions: epic, Wisdom3_1-9 and ready to go....
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Looking, rationaltake and WonderingSoul
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
To be fair, it doesn't seem like he actually did a lot of research in the video. Or at least not super deep into it; most of the stuff he cites are articles and whatnot, not anything anyone here has said. I pointed out how I was soo confused by his "SS2" comments. I agree that it's messed up not to at least mention the recovery part of the forum. Even offtopic where people play forum games together or something. It's not all doom and gloom here, as hard that might be for some people to comprehend.
His inaccurate linking of SS to Exit and his unsupported insinuation of some sort of pyramid blatantly underscored his lack of research. He knew enough to make himself sound like an expert on the site to others, but it was clear to all of us how little he understood about the site.

Reactions: Looking, ready to go.... and Tired33
vultureilse

vultureilse

ready to go, just waiting for the right time!
Dec 31, 2022
hugs to you too! i agree with what you said, i think people here are really kind and supportive. its nice to have a place where i can vent and be understood

• Hugs
Reactions: Looking and WonderingSoul
CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
Hugs back to you! I wish I could Q snap my fingers to bring all of us into the same giant room at once just for a few minutes to rally and reenforce each other. Excusing everyone who doesn't consent to being magically whisked away of course.

• Hugs
Reactions: Looking, Forever Sleep and Shu
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
What that guy said was really insensitive and flat out false. This site is pretty much the opposite of cult like. Feels like family if you ask me. Hugs to you too. Hope you are doing well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Looking
ready to go....

ready to go....

exhausted
Feb 16, 2022
What that guy said was really insensitive and flat out false. This site is pretty much the opposite of cult like. Feels like family if you ask me. Hugs to you too. Hope you are doing well.
Exactly.
He has taken snippets of what actually happens here, and blown them up into assuming we're all here to encourage others to ctb, which is as far from the truth as it gets.
We don't encourage, we respect those who do wish to ctb. I have been here for a fair while now and have never seen anyone encourage someone else to ctb, quite the opposite really, especially on goodbye threads.
Yes, there are some members, one in particular who I won't mention, but pretty sure it's who he referred to as 'cake', but their comments really frustrate me. He used that specific member for a lot of examples, and has basically implied that we all think the same, which we absolutely do not.

I hope you are well too ❤

• Love
Reactions: Looking and WonderingSoul