Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
One day my mom is relating to me and being nice and wants to talk to me about my problems but then the next day she says I'm being aggressive/rude/selfish and that I need to calm down when I literally just told her to stop talking to me when I'm wearing headphones because I can't hear her at all. Sometimes I think that I like her and that she's nice but these other days make me hate her and not want to tell her anything about my mental state. I feel like everything I tell her is going to be used against me. I cannot speak out about anything and I can't have any opinions because that means I'm rebelling against my mom.

• Hugs
Reactions: Existingnotliving, Deleted member 17331, Done at Fifty and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I cannot speak out about anything and I can't have any opinions because that means I'm rebelling against my mom.

How old are you and what country are you in, or what culture?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Is it a cultural thing that having your own opinions is rebelling against your mom, or is she just controlling, or both?

My mom was like that, even when I was in my twenties, had returned home, and was paying rent. She was very controlling, but her cultural background and the generation she was from supported her acting that way.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
One day my mom is relating to me and being nice and wants to talk to me about my problems but then the next day she says I'm being aggressive/rude/selfish and that I need to calm down when I literally just told her to stop talking to me when I'm wearing headphones because I can't hear her at all. Sometimes I think that I like her and that she's nice but these other days make me hate her and not want to tell her anything about my mental state. I feel like everything I tell her is going to be used against me. I cannot speak out about anything and I can't have any opinions because that means I'm rebelling against my mom.
Does any of you feel like your parents don't care? I mean they know I'm depressed, I can be in my room for days, and they don't even knock on the door and ask if I'm ok. Nothing, it's like I don't exist. They say I'm not depressed that I'm just a bum, that hurts every time, and cause they are super religious think all I need is Jesus. 5 suicide attempts, 2 weeks hospitalised last year, I'm all bruised and stitched up cause I've tried to slit my arms. And still I'm all alone.
I hope that one day if I ctb they regret forever for not caring or showing any love to me when I most needed. You guys are all I have. I just joined yesterday, and probably wont get many replies. But it's nice to write how I feel and not having my posts deleted.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Silver, Deleted member 17331 and GoodPersonEffed
D

Done at Fifty

Student
Feb 19, 2019
Hopefully you can move away from her asap. She doesn't sound supportive at all. Unfortunately we can't choose our parents and they may never understand us. I can tell you that by my mid-20's half of my friends all but cut off their parents, many moving to other cities to keep contact at a minimum.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Does any of you feel like your parents don't care? I mean they know I'm depressed, I can be in my room for days, and they don't even knock on the door and ask if I'm ok. Nothing, it's like I don't exist. They say I'm not depressed that I'm just a bum, that hurts every time, and cause they are super religious think all I need is Jesus. 5 suicide attempts, 2 weeks hospitalised last year, I'm all bruised and stitched up cause I've tried to slit my arms. And still I'm all alone.
I hope that one day if I ctb they regret forever for not caring or showing any love to me when I most needed. You guys are all I have. I just joined yesterday, and probably wont get many replies. But it's nice to write how I feel and not having my posts deleted.

You should start a thread with this comment and see what replies you get. I'll be happy to respond. I just don't want to derail this thread.

airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Aug 12, 2020
You should start a thread with this comment and see what replies you get. I'll be happy to respond. I just don't want to derail this thread.
Please do derail I don't mind.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Please do derail I don't mind.

It's not your thread to derail. It's someone else's.

I replied on the thread you started, didn't realize you had done so before I made the suggestion.

airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Aug 12, 2020
Is it a cultural thing that having your own opinions is rebelling against your mom, or is she just controlling, or both?

My mom was like that, even when I was in my twenties, had returned home, and was paying rent. She was very controlling, but her cultural background and the generation she was from supported her acting that way.
She must be Latina, latino mums are like that. I have one.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hopefully you can move away from her asap. She doesn't sound supportive at all. Unfortunately we can't choose our parents and they may never understand us. I can tell you that by my mid-20's half of my friends all but cut off their parents, many moving to other cities to keep contact at a minimum.
Yeah I hope so, but I'm pretty depressed so work is hard and I'm still studying

• Hugs
Reactions: Done at Fifty