M

MrHastatti

Feb 4, 2024
After waiting for the charcoal to stop smoking and putting them in the car, is it alright if I enter the car immediately and take sleep medication rather than waiting for the car to fill with CO. I cant get my hands on a CO gauge and Id prefer not to wait outside if possible. I know a lot of people say you should wait but is there any big thing that makes it a bad idea to just go in immediately?

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I know a lot of people say you should wait but is there any big thing that makes it a bad idea to just go in immediately?
Yes. The CO doesn't just go from zero to super high instantaneously. While you're sitting in the tent with the CO rising, you will be subject to all of the "negative and undesirable" effects from the CO as the level increases through all of the "lower levels", like headache, nausea, vomiting, convulsions, burning eyes. This is, basically, how it used to be done when people used to use their car engines for the CO source, but it was even worse because of all the other noxious substances someone had to breathe in while waiting on death. In order to attain a "more peaceful" exit using CO, best practices dictate waiting for a maximum level to be achieved since, hopefully, it will be at a high enough level to render someone unconscious within a few breaths after entering the tent. This way anything that follows leading to death will not have to be consciously experienced. Also, by only having to take a few breaths to become unconscious (levels at 10000 ppm or more), there will be less chance of "backing out". Backing out of CO short of death, after breathing it at lower levels for a while, can leave someone with serious, debilitating, life-long injuries, including severe neurological impairment - think nursing home being spoon-fed and having your ass wiped by someone else.

Make sense?

M

MrHastatti

Feb 4, 2024
I knew these symptoms and yet seeing them written out definitely makes me rethink. Thanks for explaining why we do this, looks like Ill wait it out after all.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Wait it out for "what"? A different method? The symptoms are all avoided by entering an environment of very high CO - 10000 ppm or more. But, you need to know that the level is that high, and the only way to do that is with a CO analyzer capable of measuring and reporting levels up to 10000 ppm. Or, an entire bag of charcoal, burning properly, in a small tent should do it.

Last edited:
M

MrHastatti

Feb 4, 2024
No I mean wait it out as in wait outside for 10,000 ppm. I'm for sure using CO, got everything ready and doing it exactly by the book, just need to find a way to get a good analyzer and I'm good to go.
I'm looking through the prices of analyzers that go up to 10000 ppm and they are fairly expensive, is there any relatively cheap one you've found?

Last edited: