• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Crystal1177

Crystal1177

May 9, 2020
I have some health issues which are causing me a slow painful death, and I need to end things before it gets worse with my body. I'm not able to travel to do a euthanasia treatment either, and I live alone
I have a 22lr gun, my plan was to practice with a mirror aiming it through the mouth towards the medulla oblongata. But the more I read about it, the more I worry that this isn't the right kind of gun. My first question is will the recoil cause me to accidentally miss my aim? Or is the gun not powerful enough? My strength is about average for my age and being a female

Reactions: ssaaahmo and ROKU
I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
I know nothing about guns but could you put a memory foam pad under the stock of the gun to absorb the recoil?

Reactions: JustSoDone and GoodPersonEffed
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I have some health issues which are causing me a slow painful death, and I need to end things before it gets worse with my body. I'm not able to travel to do a euthanasia treatment either, and I live alone
I have a 22lr gun, my plan was to practice with a mirror aiming it through the mouth towards the medulla oblongata. But the more I read about it, the more I worry that this isn't the right kind of gun. My first question is will the recoil cause me to accidentally miss my aim? Or is the gun not powerful enough? My strength is about average for my age and being a female
I am no expert, but 22lr is plenty strong enough to punch through the roof of your mouth, even though it is only a vermin round. Since the round is rather weak the recoil is not too bad, also since you'll only be firing a single shot the recoil isn't really a problem either. I would worry more about you flinching when pulling the trigger, in anticipation of the recoil, which might mess with your aim.

Though I advise you for legal reasons not to comitt suicide and call a helpline.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Though I advise you for legal reasons not to comitt suicide and call a helpline.

We're a pro-choice site. If it participating in this site is illegal where you are, doesn't matter how you ended the comment, you still gave advice to assist in a suicide, ending it with pro-life advice doesn't change that.

Not hating on you, just showing the rationale. This is meant to be a place to get away from such rhetoric.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Betsy007, ssaaahmo, NekoNomNom and 5 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
It is usually adviced that people should at a minimum use a 38. or 9mm and up but a 22. lr will do the trick and there are barely any recoil at all on a 22. and as @Luchs said I would be more worried about flinching.

And if you want I can show you a video where a guy kills himself by shooting himself in the temple with a 22. lr handgun he instantly drops and goes unconcious.

Reactions: Crystal1177
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I always advise getting comfortable with the weapon by going to a firing range, and getting someone there to help you.

If you are physically incapable of that, then I would recommend watching videos about the rifle and, if possible, by that manufacturer, to learn about the trigger, recoil, loading, clearing jams, disassembly and reassembly for cleaning and oiling, etc.

Reactions: ssaaahmo and Crystal1177
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
As long as the muzzle is close and you tringger finger squeezes and doesn't jerk, the round you fire will move faster than the effect of the recoil, and done it's work before you hear the report.

Reactions: Crystal1177 and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
As long as the muzzle is close and you tringger finger squeezes and doesn't jerk, the round you fire will move faster than the effect of the recoil, and done it's work before you hear the report.
And @Crystal1177 if you don´t believe him check slow motion videos of guns being fired on youtube you can literally see the projectile/bullet exit the gun and THEN the recoil comes, here is a video to demonstrate it.

Reactions: deadpixels, Crystal1177 and pete_x
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I would be scared to try with a .22LR. It's a small, light bullet, and not a very powerful round. You could survive and find yourself worse off than you are now. If i did try, I wouldn't aim for the medulla. I would put it in my cranium. The bullet will most likely not have the energy to exit, and will bounce around inside the skull, destroying the brain. Still a chance of survival, though. There are people alive today with as much as 60 percent of their brain gone. If I were you, I would explore other options.

Reactions: pete_x
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
As the other users have said, the bullet leaves the barrel before the recoil kicks in and even so, the 22lr. barely has any recoil anyway. Although I personally would place it at the temple.
I would be scared to try with a .22LR. It's a small, light bullet, and not a very powerful round. You could survive and find yourself worse off than you are now. If i did try, I wouldn't aim for the medulla. I would put it in my cranium. The bullet will most likely not have the energy to exit, and will bounce around inside the skull, destroying the brain. Still a chance of survival, though. There are people alive today with as much as 60 percent of their brain gone. If I were you, I would explore other options.
It is not a very powerful round compared to other cartridges but it is undoubtedly competent enough to kill. Also, the 22lr. jumping around in your brain like a bouncing ball and turning it into minced meat is just a myth. If it doesn't even have the kinetic energy to leave your skull it should ricotchet and come to a halt pretty quickly, regardless I believe at such a close range a .22lr should have no problem entering and leaving the skull.

• Love
Reactions: Crystal1177, TheGoodGuy, pete_x and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
As the other users have said, the bullet leaves the barrel before the recoil kicks in and even so, the 22lr. barely has any recoil anyway. Although I personally would place it at the temple.

It is not a very powerful round compared to other cartridges but it is undoubtedly competent enough to kill. Also, the 22lr. jumping around in your brain like a bouncing ball and turning it into minced meat is just a myth. If it doesn't even have the kinetic energy to leave your skull it should ricotchet and come to a halt pretty quickly, regardless I believe at such a close range a .22lr should have no problem entering and leaving the skull.
Thanks for adressing that I was about to say that the 22. bounching around is a myth I also agree to shoot at the temple I am basing this on watching suicide videos I think the Björk stalker shot himself with a 22. through the roof of his mouth and looked painful in other videos I have 3 people die instantly from being shot in the temple and forehead although would not recommend forehead.

And even though the 22. lr doesn´t have a lot of power if it´s the only option then if I were to bet money on OP´s survival it would be zero. Also look into Stinger bullets I have them for my 22. they are hollow points and are extremely fast compared to other rounds you can clearly hear and feel the difference from average rounds to Stinger or CCI mini mag.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
@Crystal1177 I am curious to which firearm you will be using is it a handgun or rifle and which one and what ammunition are you going to use, you haven´t responded yet.

And if it makes you feel anymore comfortable I still can show you videos and pictures of suicides using 22. lr firearms I know it´s not for everyone but I am very into gore and find it comforting to see how quick, effective and comforting to know how well even a 22. lr will work, I hope you will read this and are not offended it´s just to me I find it comforting to know how the process works I can even give you some links to articles with no gore just scientific proof of how fast you will go into unconciousness without feeling any pain, you seem in a lot of chronical pain that only increases by time and since you got no other options as it seems I would like to minimize that fear.

Crystal1177

Crystal1177

May 9, 2020
It is usually adviced that people should at a minimum use a 38. or 9mm and up but a 22. lr will do the trick and there are barely any recoil at all on a 22. and as @Luchs said I would be more worried about flinching.

And if you want I can show you a video where a guy kills himself by shooting himself in the temple with a 22. lr handgun he instantly drops and goes unconcious.
Thanks. That might be helpful

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Recoil is meaningless in this context. I wouldn't consider what you are suggesting with a 22lr. A single shot 12 or 20guage would be s9mething to look into.

Crystal1177

Crystal1177

May 9, 2020
I always advise getting comfortable with the weapon by going to a firing range, and getting someone there to help you.

If you are physically incapable of that, then I would recommend watching videos about the rifle and, if possible, by that manufacturer, to learn about the trigger, recoil, loading, clearing jams, disassembly and reassembly for cleaning and oiling, etc.
Thanks. I'm not physically able to go to a shooting range, but I can look up videos online
@Crystal1177 I am curious to which firearm you will be using is it a handgun or rifle and which one and what ammunition are you going to use, you haven´t responded yet.

And if it makes you feel anymore comfortable I still can show you videos and pictures of suicides using 22. lr firearms I know it´s not for everyone but I am very into gore and find it comforting to see how quick, effective and comforting to know how well even a 22. lr will work, I hope you will read this and are not offended it´s just to me I find it comforting to know how the process works I can even give you some links to articles with no gore just scientific proof of how fast you will go into unconciousness without feeling any pain, you seem in a lot of chronical pain that only increases by time and since you got no other options as it seems I would like to minimize that fear.
This is the gun that I have: https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=235272&pid=128021
And the bullets are .22 copper plated

Last edited:
R

ROKU

May 10, 2020
I am no expert, but 22lr is plenty strong enough to punch through the roof of your mouth, even though it is only a vermin round. Since the round is rather weak the recoil is not too bad, also since you'll only be firing a single shot the recoil isn't really a problem either. I would worry more about you flinching when pulling the trigger, in anticipation of the recoil, which might mess with your aim.

And can I ask, what does a helpline do? Has anyone ever called? I have been in a psych. hospital once. They do nothing. There is nothing to say.

I am alone, sick, retired, in pain that will only get worse, and now with Covid, I cannot even see a doctor. I have no friends since everything is closed. A hotline will tell you all the "good things" to think about, the loss to your family (which is tiny) and of course the religious issues. I could run a hotline. I know what to say, and it means nothing. It just tracks who you are, and maybe they send the police to put you into a hospital. (That I don't know; I have never called for that fear). Am I wrong?

Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
This would be something that i would find helpful. I need to see how things work and how quickly they work to be convinced. Would that be ok?

S

Sadkitty

Student
May 16, 2020
I bought a 22 two weeks ago. The recoil on the .38 scared me too much. Now after spending $400 I don't think I can do it. So much chance of living after a screw up. I tried to do so much research on the best method of shooting yourself but came up empty. I'm really liking the exit bad or night night methods. Though SI is something I'll have to work on.