• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
Urgent: What is minimum height jump to death? (a jump from bypass bridge to railroad track)

Is 100 ft enough?

I

icravedeath

Jan 29, 2020
You can die even from 4th floor, it's about how you fall. You need to fall head-first. Otherwise you'd just end up paralyzed.

HighwayToHell

HighwayToHell

Jan 29, 2020
I heard for water its 240ft. Can't remember what it is for land, I think it's 140ft if I remember correctly.
Landing plays a huge part in jumping suicides though.
I once saw a video of a woman who died by twerking upside down on a wall, she landed on her head, the weight of her body broke her neck and killed her.
Most people who survive falling from huge heights are unconcious, or land on something soft on the way down. The body has to be rigged, it makes breaking the bones easier. You need to try landing on your head or chest area to damage your vital organs.

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
You can die even from 4th floor, it's about how you fall. You need to fall head-first. Otherwise you'd just end up paralyzed.
How high is 4th floor? Is it same as 4 stories?

In order to land head-first, which is better? falling forward or backward?

Last edited:
bananabear

bananabear

Jan 20, 2020
Technically, although not likely, you could die from a bad fall at really low heights, its that head first is important. But that aside, 150ft is usually a good starting point, seems most under that are more impulsive and I wouldn't recommend it if you're worried about potentially failing. I dont know what kind of situation this is but 100 ft (9 stories?), I wouldnt do it.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If I were considering jumping as a method, then I'd want to :
> find somewhere that's 300 feet ( 20 floors ) or higher. 200 feet ( 14 floors ) should be the minimum.
> be certain I'll fall without interruption or landing on a ledge, etc.
> make sure I hit something hard, and that nothing could break my fall.
> avoid windy days ideally, since that could interfere.
> ensure I don't put anyone else in danger, e.g. pick a time when nobody is in the area.

I've heard some people suggest the use of aspirin or warfarin, for blood thinning, so in case you didn't die on impact, then bleeding should complete the process.

Note : As always, please note that I strongly encourage you to seek help with whatever is troubling you. With the right help things can improve. There are many sources of help if you look and reach out. Please seek assistance in any and every way possible. You alone must decide upon your actions and take full responsibility for them, and you should always favour seeking help and keeping out of harm's way.

Reactions: Time
B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
if height is more than 600 ft but there are trees underneath (tall trees with dense branches), is it enough to guarantee death? Landing could be onto trees or grassy grounds or shallow creek water

Last edited:
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
if height is more than 600 ft but there are trees underneath (tall trees with dense branches), is it enough to guarantee death? Landing could be onto trees or grassy grounds
Hello, landing onto trees may work as a shock-absorber. You may lose more than half of your speed when reaching the ground. Also it may turn your body in a surprising way so that the fall will be not directly on head, but e.g. on your back. Maybe in those two ways you won't even be unconscious, but it will be agonizing pain.
But the worst thing that may happen is you may remain hanging on the branch/ top bleeding and fully conscious.
I have read many reports of those who tried to fall from a height. In some cases the death is not instant, your presence may last up to several hours.
It is hard to survive a 100ft fall, but in some cases you can survive even the fall from a bigger height.
If you have an opportunity/money to practice, you can jump with a parachute or in other case research how to control your body during the flight. Also, I would suggest reading this article:
Survival following a vertical free fall from 300 feet: The crucial role of body position to impact surface
Don't want to share the link, because I never open unknown links myself. But obviously you will find this on google. biomedcentral/com website
Hope you will find peace :heart:

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If i aim for the grassy ground or shallow water, would that be enough when the height is at least 600ft?
It's hard to say. If you were confident that nothing would break your fall, then I would have thought so, but the problem is that getting it wrong can have very bad consequences, and I don't feel certain about it.... The shallow water case might be the better one because in general falling into water from 300 feet or higher should be fatal....

But again, I really can't say for sure....

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
It's hard to say. If you were confident that nothing would break your fall, then I would have thought so, but the problem is that getting it wrong can have very bad consequences, and I don't feel certain about it.... The shallow water case might be the better one because in general falling into water from 300 feet or higher should be fatal....

But again, I really can't say for sure....
so grassy ground is more shock-absorbent than shallow water?

in other words, is grassy ground less fatal than shallow water?

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
so grassy ground is more shock-absorbent than shallow water?
Sorry, I'm no expert, and there are too many unknowns, etc, etc.
I do think that planning is needed for any method in general....
e.g. for jumping, selecting the right location would be important....

Note : As always, please note that I strongly encourage you to seek help with whatever is troubling you. With the right help things can improve. There are many sources of help if you look and reach out. Please seek assistance in any and every way possible. You alone must decide upon your actions and take full responsibility for them, and you should always favour seeking help and keeping out of harm's way.

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
my life is in so much pain now.. there's no going back to normal.. i must find courage to actually do it

Reactions: hopeisdead
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
my life is in so much pain now.. there's no going back to normal.. i must find courage to actually do it
ok, but you should still try to plan carefully.
Have you considered other possible methods ?

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
ok, but you should still try to plan carefully.
Having you considered other possible methods ?
i've read about SN method but i don't have access to metoclopramide

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Concerned with the urgency. Success takes planning so one is less likely to end up in a hospital, a mental ward, or permanently injured. You may find courage if you find methods that resonate and that you have the resources for obtaining what you need. I hear that you are hurting and ready to go, but even vacations require a means to get there, and that requires some resources and planning.

B

beyondnumb

Sep 2, 2019
Concerned with the urgency. Success takes planning so one is less likely to end up in a hospital, a mental ward, or permanently injured. You may find courage if you find methods that resonate and that you have the resources for obtaining what you need. I hear that you are hurting and ready to go, but even vacations require a means to get there, and that requires some resources and planning.
yes, i feel really tormented and cannot endure any longer. The mental torment is sometimes too much to bear..

• Aww..
Reactions: hopeisdead, faust and GoodPersonEffed
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
yes, i feel really tormented and cannot endure any longer. The mental torment is sometimes too much to bear..
Feeling the same. Want to end this as quickly as possible, but this desire differs to my plan...