prim

prim

pretty boy
Feb 28, 2023
soo basically multiple teachers have now given me 0 because of cheating!! im so paranoid and stressed i dont want thisss. i think i might need to sh when i get home even if someone sees

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Though cheating on a paper or test doesn't seem like much, the truth is that there are plenty of consequences. If caught, students may receive a failing grade or the entire class. Their grades may never recover, which may hurt their chance to get into a good college

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and SexyIncél
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be awful what you are going through, I get that it's hard for many people having to deal with the pressures that come with education. The way that I see it, schools are just a way to cause people to suffer more.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
If it helps, I think you're cool for not letting them waste your time on pointless work. I guess they're pushing you to waste more time hiding your tracks when cheating... or vomiting things that mean nothing to you, in preparation for some imagined job where you'll write reports that people will stick in a drawer unread

Though cheating on a paper or test doesn't seem like much, the truth is that there are plenty of consequences. If caught, students may receive a failing grade or the entire class. Their grades may never recover, which may hurt their chance to get into a good college
With all due respect, this is a very dangerous thing to write, as it can only intensify paranoia and stress, leading to greater self-harm

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Pretty wild jump there, no? It's a mistake, but someone in school can recover.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
That's so unnecessary. I wonder if you can work out some agreement with them to get back to where you were.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Hopefully you're either in college already, or you're 18 and close to graduating High School. Either way, I don't think you need to self harm or stress yourself out over this. I think if you try to be more careful and avoid cheating in the future, you can come back from this.

I don't know which courses you're struggling with specifically, where you've had to cheat on tests to get through them, but maybe there's an easier way to learn the material yourself, so you don't have to deal with the stress. Tutoring might also be an option, and depending on the subject, there might even be someone on here who knows something about it.

It would also help if schools did more to prepare students for living in the real world - by teaching them how to manage money and things like that, instead of making them take standardized tests and causing more unnecessary stress.

• Love
Reactions: Looking, prim and AllMyDreams
CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
That's the problem with our, and education systems in general. W People should be taught, and tested so that they are not judged based on one 45 min test, but rather evaluated looking at their overall performance, during classes/lectures, practical and stuff alike.

Idea of one test determining whether you know, or don't is ridiculous. One worse day and you're already perceived as an imbecile.
i think i might need to sh

You don't need sh, what you need is to think how to overcome the current problem, retake the exam, or study hard af for the next exam to balance out the score. Sh doesn't lead anywhere, it just leaves scars.

• Love
Reactions: prim, TransilvanianHunger and Lost in a Dream
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
May I ask, if you know the answer - How did they catch you cheating?

B

blue22

Mar 12, 2023
That must be awful what you are going through, I get that it's hard for many people having to deal with the pressures that come with education. The way that I see it, schools are just a way to cause people to suffer more.
Jesus Christ, "schools are just a way to cause people to suffer more". Do you realise how pathetic that shit sounds, admittedly from what I've heard most education systems around the world aren't great but they aren't fucking torture mechanisms engineered to cause us pain and suffering. I'm from India and from everything I've heard, upto high school our curriculum is 10x harder and I'm not even that smart but with a good amount of hard-work and effort I've done pretty fucking well and actually learnt interesting concepts that actually do help with daily life or atleast provide a deeper insight into it.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, prim and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
No offence but what do you think to gain with cheating? Sure your test will be easy. But after that?

prim

prim

pretty boy
Feb 28, 2023
May I ask, if you know the answer - How did they catch you cheating?
well it was an essay that i wrote using chatgpt, im guessing they judt thought it looked too sketchy or too different from my other essays
No offence but what do you think to gain with cheating? Sure your test will be easy. But after that?
chance to get more points for university later on, when im in uni my grades wont matter anymore

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
well it was an essay that i wrote using chatgpt, im guessing they judt thought it looked too sketchy or too different from my other essays
Did they give you zeros for the entire class, or just for the one assignment?

prim

prim

pretty boy
Feb 28, 2023
Did they give you zeros for the entire class, or just for the one assignment?
two assignments. i will try my best to deny everything, after all they have no proof technically. i hope i do not fail. i am one of the few in my class who got caught using chatgpt, as mostly if not everyone in my class used chatgpt to an extent. i think 4 people have been caught, me included.

arcadia

arcadia

Jan 5, 2023
is asking for an extension due to stress an option so you can rewrite it on your own?