TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It really angers and vexes me whenever it comes to the topic of CTB, death, or the right to die that many people often turn a civil, calm dialogue into an interrogation, a savior moment, or even start inquiring and probing into one's background. They do so in a very dismissive and infantilizing manner, leaving no room to demonstrate (not that we should even have to, to begin with!) our competency and capacity.

Look no further than existentialgoof's posts on Reddit just to get a glimpse of how rude and arrogant many of the commentors on Reddit are. Every time he tries to have an intellectual, civil, philosophical discussion about the right to die, he is met with unsolicited paternalism by the people who respond to him (many comments instead of addressing his points seek to attack his credibility, question his mental capacity, and other inappropriate, nongermane claims – oftenly riddled with fallacies and insults), and of course, last but not least, the trolls and assholes who wish ill-will on him. These pro-lifers aren't concerned for his safety, they just want to virtue signal and appear to be benevolent even though they aren't and are just seeking to infantilize, degrade, and/or otherwise reduce EG to that of a child. Furthermore, he presents good arguments and evidence which pro-lifers don't seem to have and (no surprise!) when they don't have any good arguments or rebuttals, they just resort to discredit, flame, and/or shame existentialgoof into silence.

It is absolutely disgraceful, and I cannot help but be enraged for him; not that I would waste my time and energy engaging in such drivel with such imbecilic prolifers to begin with. I know sure as hell if I were him, I would tell them (the pro-lifers) to fuck off and end it there as they (the pro-life imbeciles) are not looking for a discussion but seeking to restrict, attack, and interfere with my bodily autonomy. God forbid they actually do something against my will and violate my bodily autonomy, I won't elaborate on what I would do to them (not limited only to legal action), but I digress.

People are more bothered by the knowledge of the act of CTB than the actual result (death itself), even if the other actions (or inaction) results in death albeit in a different manner). Take example when in 2020 during the pandemic one of my friends who played online games said that "its fine if the homeless person dies from other causes other than CTB (very likely depending on circumstances and how dangerous it is in said conditions – elements, violence, disease, and more), but if other (people) learn that said person will CTB, they (the pro-lifers) feel like they must intervene." Granted it was paraphrased but the sentiment and meaning still remains the same. This just shows it's all about the ego and atavistic moral views rather than for the benefit of said person. (No surprise, pro-lifers are hypocrites!)

Another irony is how he (and many others similar to him) claim to not wish to be bothered, troubled by these marginalized groups of people, yet when these marginalized groups of people want to take matters into their own hands especially to end ones' own suffering (and pro-lifers get knowledge of that…), they are intervened against, which again proves savior complex, ego, and virtue signaling. It has NOTHING to do with helping the marginalized, but rather just to make the busybody, brown noser, LOOK good for themselves… In other words, basically pro-lifers hate it when their lives are disturbed, interfered with, bothered in any way, or even inconvenienced by others, yet they have no problem in being busybodies and intervening against someone's wishes and disrespecting someone else's bodily autonomy, especially when it comes to the right to die and CTB. However, this example would be elaborated in another thread.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheDog_, avoid, sserafim and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think that many pro-lifers don't wish to accept that suicide is a valid option as it shatters their delusional worldview which could explain why they act in such a way when faced with rational arguments supporting the right to die. But I certainly think those people aren't worth interacting in the first place as sadly I believe that many pro-lifers would only change their views if something happened to make them want to die themselves.

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball, AncientSorrow, sserafim and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
That's true and whenever I sense or notice that someone is lecturing me, especially about pro-life spiel and trying to tell me what's best for me, I just stop trying to engage with them or at least change the subject.

Reactions: TheDog_ and sserafim
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
It's really disturbing how much people want to see themselves as a hero when someone wants to ctb. There is a complete lack of compassion or intellectual thought. It's just selfishness and instincts. I also hate paternalism, and it only ever makes a situation worse.

Reactions: TAW122, TheDog_ and sserafim
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
There are a lot of stupid people on Reddit so there's that.

Reactions: TAW122 and sserafim