N

NoahJuan

Mar 5, 2022
Why do people assume anything it says is gospel?

Yah, it does have a lot of good and correct info. But a lot of what is in there is rather spurious at worse or just the opinions of the authors at best.

Reactions: XIII, LittleBlackCat, annointed_towers and 1 other person
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I wouldn't say it's worthless but it's definitely overrated. It's always best to research multiple sources and not just rely on a single source.

Reactions: looseye, TapeMachine, western_heart and 2 others
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
You say it has some good info then say it sucks. Probably would have been more balanced to leave the statement that it sucks out. It's largely useful. Remember, the vast majority of people in this situation know absolutely nothing about methods, chemistry, biology, how things work. It's a useful thing for them so it can't suck in my opinion, I'm sure it could be improved, but it's better than going off gut feeling. Ideally people would research further but this doesn't always happen as we know. So I'd rather those people look at it rather than making up their own idea based on whatever.

Last edited:
N

NoahJuan

Mar 5, 2022
You say it has some good info then say it sucks. Probably would have been more balanced to leave the statement that it sucks out. It's largely useful. Remember, the vast majority of people in this situation know absolutely nothing about methods, chemistry, biology, how things work. It's a useful thing for them so it can't suck in my opinion, I'm sure it could be improved, but it's better than going off gut feeling. Ideally people would research further but this doesn't always happen as we know. So I'd rather those people look at it rather than making up their own idea based on whatever.
Yes. Most people here don't seem to know kuch about chemistry and biology. My point is the PPH is NOT a good source to learn about this stuff. Reading info that is factually incorrect does not help people learn.

The problem is the average reader here has no way of knowing what is correct or incorrect in the book. And they don't even cite any of their sources for any of the medical or chemistry info they have in the book, so you can't even follow up and reaseach their calims yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamentice
C

catgurl55505

Experienced
Feb 3, 2023
Yes. Most people here don't seem to know kuch about chemistry and biology. My point is the PPH is NOT a good source to learn about this stuff. Reading info that is factually incorrect does not help people learn.

The problem is the average reader here has no way of knowing what is correct or incorrect in the book. And they don't even cite any of their sources for any of the medical or chemistry info they have in the book, so you can't even follow up and reaseach their calims yourself
Great point

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Why do people assume anything it says is gospel?

Yah, it does have a lot of good and correct info. But a lot of what is in there is rather spurious at worse or just the opinions of the authors at best.
I think it's easy for most people to treat it as some kind of a suicide bible since it's the most widely known suicide book out there right now in the western world. Before I knew of this website and much about any methods at all, I had already heard of and known about PPH since I was at least 15 or 16 from news articles and stuff.

DonTellMeToStayAlive

DonTellMeToStayAlive

Student
Jan 18, 2019
Out of curiosity, could you point out some of the inaccuracies in the pph ? That might be helpful for those who are looking into books on methods

Reactions: Shadowlord900, FadingFast2023 and uniqueusername39