Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I've been told I'm called cold, emotionless, boring and all kinds of stuff just because I can't properly express emotions thought my face. My Face is always in a resting bitch face or sad face state. When I force myself to smile it looks like this uncomfortable weird smile. It's just my face though, because inside I feel a lot of emotions, more then I'd like to feel. I CAN empathize and feel thought other people, I'm very emotional I just don't know how to show it. It's one of the reasons why I don't like talking to people, meeting up with people and prefer to stay online. My own parents called my cold hearted, cold, selfish and emotionless. Plus my voice is also quite monotone so it makes it even worse. I hate my face, I hate how I look and I hate how it can't properly move. I feel like I'm more emotional ( even in my face) when I'm alone at home. Like if I'll be playing a game and someone says something funny or something sad happens I'll react irl, laugh a bit and change my face expression. But when I go out, I put on this poker face mask and this kind of armor to appear collected..

• Hugs
Reactions: KLUF, GoodPersonEffed, Brink and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I felt like I wrote this myself. I really really relate to your post. I have a permanent resting bitch face or resting sad face and I have been tormented by it for years. Before I went thru some of my most severe abuse I briefly worked in a restaurant and people always told me to smile and why do I look mad or sad. Customers said "that girl looks like she ate lemons she looks so mean and selfish" I really struggle to express emotions in my face too I completely understand what you mean. I get called cold, emotionless and boring or selfish and stuck up....it hurts. I'm very empathetic, caring and loving I just struggle to show it. I have been told I have Asperger's. I really get what you mean how you totally feel the emotions inside but just struggle to show it as a facial expression. I feel much more at easy around people I know well and I show more emotions at home but when I go out I try to hide under big sunglasses or wear earphones or something to avoid people because it's so rude strangers telling me to "smile". Sending you hugs I totally relate to this struggle.❤

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Nymph and Sinai Silence