• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Im rubbish with maths so help required. I see posts with USA metrics but no ides how to concert.

Basically need to know if a 20litre cylinder is enough or a 40litre for nitrogen. Will run it at the recomended 15psi. Really fustrating me now

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

lukaszz12

Nov 4, 2018
Neither of these is good enough. At 15psi(1 bar) the volume of compressed air is almost the same as the volume of the cylinder. Can't you find a 10l cylinder with 150/200 bar of pressure? These are really easy to get, at least where I live.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap, Shewaitsforme and 1 other person
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Neither of these is good enough. At 15psi(1 bar) the volume of compressed air is almost the same as the volume of the cylinder. Can't you find a 10l cylinder with 150/200 bar of pressure? These are really easy to get, at least where I live.

Sorry i ment 15 fir the setting. The ones ive looked at are 200 bar or pressure. Was just unsure what size to get. I can afford a 20l or 40l cylinder.

Thabkyou

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
First off, you don't want 15psi; that's a pressure rating. You want 15Lpm, which is a flow rating.

My best guess would be that you want at least a 3.5L cylinder, and a 7.8L would be better. BUT, I'm not familiar with metric sizing, I'm just pulling those numbers off this chart, working from what I know of US sizes: https://mathesongas.com/industrialgas/pdfs/Industrial-Cylinder-Dimensions.pdf In short, I'm assuming the litre-size is the liquid volume, not the total volume of compressed gas. You will want to double check me with this.

I have a 40cf, which is the same as a 7.8L. Running the maths, a 20cf/3.5L cylinder has ~566L of gas under compression, which would give you ~38 minutes at a flow of 15Lpm. That's cutting it a bit fine, but judging from the figures I see commonly cited (10-40min to death) would probably be adequate.

So if a 20L cylinder has a 20L liquid volume, yes, assuming it's compressed to a standard 2000psi, that should be much more than enough.

Have a look at that chart, and see if you can tell from the outside dimensions what size tank you're thinking of.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Shewaitsforme and 1 other person
L

lukaszz12

Nov 4, 2018
Sorry i ment 15 fir the setting. The ones ive looked at are 200 bar or pressure. Was just unsure what size to get. I can afford a 20l or 40l cylinder.

Thabkyou
My fault.. If so then yes both are enough. An overkill actually.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Shewaitsforme
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
My fault.. If so then yes both are enough. An overkill actually.

Its a go big or go back to the psych ward i guess and i dont want to risk brain damage. I want to be down and out.

Reactions: crova, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
40 is huge, I accidentally got the bigger one but 20 should be good even if u practice a little

Reactions: Shewaitsforme, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w