Demian

Demian

Student
Mar 25, 2024
Hello

Which type of suicidal person are you?

The types below are not exclusive, and a patient can present a combination of characteristics, which is my case except for option 5. I have: Irritability / Anhedonia / Hopelessness / Guilt and worthlessness / Long-term planning / Emotionally numb / Obsessive thoughts

1 - Aggressive: expresses their suicidal ideation impulsively and angrily (Impulsivity / Irritability / Self-mutilation / Troubled relationships with others).

2 - Melancholic: introspective and silent about their feelings. Melancholy is associated with deep sadness and extreme despondency (Anhedonia / Hopelessness / Guilt and worthlessness / Long-term planning).

3 - Dissociative or apathetic: they don't show many emotions. They seem disconnected from the world around them and from their own emotions.(Depersonalization / Emotional dissociation / Feeling of emptiness)

4 - Anxious: Suicidal ideation in this profile is often related to extreme anxiety and constant fear.(Obsessive thoughts / Panic attacks / Feeling "trapped")

5 - Manipulative or ambivalent: Although rarer, some patients may use suicidal ideation as a form of emotional manipulation, usually to get attention or support from family members or partners.(Repeated threats / Ambivalence)

• Love
Reactions: Unknown21 and Adûnâi
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
A mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 if I'm honest.
(Irritability, Self mutilation, Troubled relationships with others, Hopelessness, Guilt and worthlessness, Long-term planning, Depersonalization, Derealization, Emotional dissociation, Feeling of emptiness, Panic attacks, Feeling trapped)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi and Demian
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I feel like I belong to the N/A category.

• Love
  • Hugs
verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
Mostly melancholic for sure, a little bit of dissociative or apathetic.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, wren-briar and Demian
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Using those descriptions, I'm a mix between Melancholic, Dissociative/Apathetic, and Anxious... specifically a deep sadness, a disconnection from the world around me (but still in touch with my emotions), and a persistent extreme anxiety that dominates every waking moment of my life...

• Love
  • Hugs
Aglossa

Aglossa

Oct 8, 2024
I definitely have a combinations of several of the characteristics described, depending on my current mood. Most of the time I am probably mostly dissociative (especially when on meds) with drops of melancholic. In some periods, I am very melancholic especially with regards to guilt, worthlessness hopelessness. If I am having a mini crisis about some stupid problem I begin to become impulsive, self harming, extremely hateful towards myself and detached from others.

• Love
  • Hugs
T

Trav1989

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
I honestly find this kind of silly; not going to lie, about as silly as the Myers-Briggs test and Astrology.

• Yay!
Reactions: Demian
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'm a mix of 4, 2, 3. In that order. Anxious that my situation will continue to get worse, melancholic over the loss of my old life, and I tend to disassociate as a way of coping with it all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Major Tom

Major Tom

Feb 24, 2024
I'll have one number 2, a number 3 large, a number 4 while feeling extra trapped, ….

I feel really weird right now.

Isn't there also a happy, confident and exited suicidal type?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I'm 2 (Long-term planning, Anhedonia, hopelessness) and 3 (Depersonalization, Emotional dissociation, Feeling of emptiness). Maybe a 40%-60% split between those, I spend most of my time very dissociative

• Hugs
mysteryboy

mysteryboy

Feb 8, 2024
I resonate with the melancholic suicidal type, but will hopefully recover from these unbearable symptoms

• Hugs
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
1 - Aggressive: expresses their suicidal ideation impulsively and angrily (Impulsivity / Irritability / Self-mutilation / Troubled relationships with others).
2 - Melancholic: introspective and silent about their feelings. Melancholy is associated with deep sadness and extreme despondency (Anhedonia / Hopelessness / Guilt and worthlessness / Long-term planning).
3 - Dissociative or apathetic: they don't show many emotions. They seem disconnected from the world around them and from their own emotions.(Depersonalization / Emotional dissociation / Feeling of emptiness)
4 - Anxious: Suicidal ideation in this profile is often related to extreme anxiety and constant fear.(Obsessive thoughts / Panic attacks / Feeling "trapped")
5 - Manipulative or ambivalent: Although rarer, some patients may use suicidal ideation as a form of emotional manipulation, usually to get attention or support from family members or partners.(Repeated threats / Ambivalence)
I want attention, alright? Also, handholding and sex. Not with my mom or a goat though, those wouldn't count.

I do feel fake in everything I do, so YMMV.

• Hugs
L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
Mix of anxious and melancholic, my suicidality is mostly situational although I have suffered from depression since I was 14

• Hugs
WildAtHeart

WildAtHeart

tired
Oct 1, 2024
mainly 2 but i also have some obsessive thoughts and also dont show much emotion.

• Hugs
Reactions: Demian and depthss
depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
if i have to put it into a box, i would say 1 is pretty accurate for me

• Hugs
Abyssal

Abyssal

Over emotional, can’t handle criticm
Nov 26, 2023
All of them basically, whether in different states of suicidality or different times in my life.

5 is probably the least, but in my early suicidality I did everything I could to end the pain even if it meant scaring others into getting my way. It actually worked more than once, but I've grown into someone who experiences immense guilt and also has recognized that those methods are temporary solutions.

• Hugs