• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PsychoPyro

PsychoPyro

Chronic Pain
Jun 7, 2018
Two main topics of question:

1.) Is it effective enough? Would this be a decent choice, or is the separation of the two sheets too probable?

2.) What type of knot should I use for connecting the two (relatively thick) sheets?

I plan on using a thick, sturdy, soft, strong sheet for the noose part, and possibly a slightly thinner one for the part that connects to the beam. I plan on using three knots: the slipknot, for the noose, a bowline or clove-hitch for connecting to the beam, and I have no idea what I'll use to connect the two sheets.

Thoughts? What type of knot should I use for connecting the two sheets? Which one is better for attaching to the beam in this case, a clove-hitch or bowline?

Which is better for a thin sheet, and which is better for a thicker one? Is thick or thin better for this?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I guess there's a reason for using sheets instead of a rope or cord? It seems like it would be difficult to ensure that the one around your neck would tighten enough, and as you note the two sheets seem liable to separate. Can you wait for more favourable circumstances?

Reactions: PsychoPyro and Superfluous
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
It seems to work for prison inmates who commit suicide.

Reactions: PsychoPyro, Anonymous6657 and Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
If you are restricted to using sheets, then a good knot for connecting the 2 sheets (or 2 ropes of unequal size) is the Sheet Bend - appropriately named.

For extra security, you could use the double sheet bend (explained further down the linked page).

For attaching to the beam, I would suggest a Round Turn and Two Half Hitches.

Please note the comment by @Soul regarding the required tightening of the noose.

Reactions: Soul, PsychoPyro and Anonymous6657
PsychoPyro

PsychoPyro

Chronic Pain
Jun 7, 2018
If you are restricted to using sheets, then a good knot for connecting the 2 sheets (or 2 ropes of unequal size) is the Sheet Bend - appropriately named.

For extra security, you could use the double sheet bend (explained further down the linked page).

For attaching to the beam, I would suggest a Round Turn and Two Half Hitches.

Please note the comment by @Soul regarding the required tightening of the noose.
Are extension cords actually better than sheets?? I thought sheets/ropes are the go to?

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Are extension cords actually better than sheets?? I thought sheets/ropes are the go to?
Extension cords (or any forms of electrical cable) are generally not recommended. Rope is ideal, especially climbing rope. Sheets/scarves/ties/etc. are acceptable alternatives if rope is not available.

Not sure where your question comes from though - there's no mention of extension cords in this thread. Have I missed something?