• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
To start, here is my partial hanging experience. I used a boat anchoring rope and had it tied to a pull up bar. I then put the rope on the outside of the door. I hyperventilated and passed out. From what I have been able to piece together I then bashed my face and nose against the door. in my unconscious state I managed to stand up and regain consciousness. I think it was because the rope ended up directly over my adams apple and stopped me from breathing. I then panicked and removed the rope. I guess my nose was bleeding but it stopped once the rope was off

I am going to try full suspension next and am looking for some advice.

Rope positioning - What is better, below of above the adams apple? and if placing the rope below the adams apple how do you stop it from slipping up?
Making yourself unconscious beforehand - What methods could you use to make yourself pass out and then simply (hopefully) fall off the chair you are standing on?

thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: fangface, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Readytogo#Broken and 3 others
P

planmd

May 20, 2019
Wow, I am sorry to hear that. What a bad experience. It also confuses me as I thought once you blacked out it was not possible to regain consciousness unless the rope broke. So I don't know why you were able to stand up...

Regarding the position of the know, I thought both lot partial and full hanging the best one was above the Adam's apple, at the top of the neck.

I hope someone can shed some light here.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
To start, here is my partial hanging experience. I used a boat anchoring rope and had it tied to a pull up bar. I then put the rope on the outside of the door. I hyperventilated and passed out. From what I have been able to piece together I then bashed my face and nose against the door. in my unconscious state I managed to stand up and regain consciousness. I think it was because the rope ended up directly over my adams apple and stopped me from breathing. I then panicked and removed the rope. I guess my nose was bleeding but it stopped once the rope was off

I am going to try full suspension next and am looking for some advice.

Rope positioning - What is better, below of above the adams apple? and if placing the rope below the adams apple how do you stop it from slipping up?
Making yourself unconscious beforehand - What methods could you use to make yourself pass out and then simply (hopefully) fall off the chair you are standing on?

thank you
First, I'm very surprised you got the noose off while unconscious and am always kind of skeptical with these posts. Not that I think you're liar or troll, just that I wonder if there's some other variable at play in the hanging. How long did it take you to pass out from the time you put pressure into the noose?

Look at this video–I really don't see how someone who's properly hanging could remove the noose or stand once passed out.

Rope position–I do just under the jaw with the knot in the back, but people have different preferences.

As for making yourself unconscious before full and falling into the noose, I definitely don't think that's advisable. Too many things could go wrong there–being too plastered to get the noose on right, taking the noose off and canceling the attempt in your inebriation, horribly botching the hanging in some other way.

Personally, I'd only go so far as to have four or five drinks before hanging to make it easier. I've never done benzos but they seem like they'd also make it easier for some to get past SI.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Readytogo#Broken
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
First, I'm very surprised you got the noose off while unconscious and am always kind of skeptical with these posts. Not that I think you're liar or troll, just that I wonder if there's some other variable at play in the hanging. How long did it take you to pass out from the time you put pressure into the noose?

Look at this video–I really don't see how someone who's properly hanging could remove the noose or stand once passed out.

Rope position–I do just under the jaw with the knot in the back, but people have different preferences.

As for making yourself unconscious before full and falling into the noose, I definitely don't think that's advisable. Too many things could go wrong there–being too plastered to get the noose on right, taking the noose off and canceling the attempt in your inebriation, horribly botching the hanging in some other way.

Personally, I'd only go so far as to have four or five drinks before hanging to make it easier. I've never done benzos but they seem like they'd also make it easier for some to get past SI.
Hey i did a partial hanging myself. After you pass out your body starts to convulse. Those 'spasms' made it possible for me to 'stand up' while unconscious. Because i stood up, the pressure was relieved from the neck, making me wake up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, whyidon'tknow and Partial-Elf
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Hey i did a partial hanging myself. After you pass out your body starts to convulse. Those 'spasms' made it possible for me to 'stand up' while unconscious. Because i stood up, the pressure was relieved from the neck, making me wake up.
Sorry to hear it worked out like that for you. How long did it take you to pass out once in the noose? And how far down were you in terms of posture (closer to sitting, standing, etc)?

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Wow, I am sorry to hear that. What a bad experience. It also confuses me as I thought once you blacked out it was not possible to regain consciousness unless the rope broke. So I don't know why you were able to stand up...

Regarding the position of the know, I thought both lot partial and full hanging the best one was above the Adam's apple, at the top of the neck.

I hope someone can shed some light here.

I did the bending down, hyperventilating, and standing up and blowing on your thumb method to make myself pass out. I made sure the rope was tight before doing this. When I stood up and blew on my thumb I honestly thought I had failed at making myself pass out and was about to try again.... Next think I know i'm awake again, the rope is alot tighter, and my back kills

if I had to guess what happened was either I didn't make myself pass out "enough" or the pain of bashing my face against the door and the position I was in caused my SI to kick in?

Or I put two rather large socks in between the rope and where I thought the carotid arteries were. Perhaps this caused the rope to not tighten sufficiently tho I remember how tight it felt when I was taking it off
Sorry to hear it worked out like that for you. How long did it take you to pass out once in the noose? And how far down were you in terms of posture (closer to sitting, standing, etc)?

after bending down and hyperventilating, once I stood up it took less than 10 seconds. I believe I was closer to sitting. Idk what position I fell into but my back really hurt once I woke up again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I did the bending down, hyperventilating, and standing up and blowing on your thumb method to make myself pass out. I made sure the rope was tight before doing this. When I stood up and blew on my thumb I honestly thought I had failed at making myself pass out and was about to try again.... Next think I know i'm awake again, the rope is alot tighter, and my back kills

if I had to guess what happened was either I didn't make myself pass out "enough" or the pain of bashing my face against the door and the position I was in caused my SI to kick in?

Or I put two rather large socks in between the rope and where I thought the carotid arteries were. Perhaps this caused the rope to not tighten sufficiently tho I remember how tight it felt when I was taking it off
Here's the mystery variable I was referring to originally–you doing that hyperventilating thing. Definitely not necessary with partial hanging since you're unconscious in less than 20 seconds anyway. I'd say the hyperventilating is what messed it up for you

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Here's the mystery variable I was referring to originally–you doing that hyperventilating thing. Definitely not necessary with partial hanging since you're unconscious in less than 20 seconds anyway. I'd say the hyperventilating is what messed it up for you

I agree. I think you just gotta suck it up for that 20 second window and you are good. I plan on trying full suspension. I plan on downing some wine, watching my favorite movie or show. Then, when I am ready I will put on my favorite song, pray, and move on from this life.
I've also heard that when committing suicide via full suspension. You can hyperventilate while standing then when you drop you pass out quicker.

Can anyone confirm?

• Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, Johanna94, Faraway1990 and 2 others
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
I figured i was standing up to much. I tried it multiple times, that's why i don't think it works for me. Passing out: i found that if you place the knot to your back/right instead of exactly to your back, you pass out within a minute or so.

• Hugs
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I figured i was standing up to much. I tried it multiple times, that's why i don't think it works for me. Passing out: i found that if you place the knot to your back/right instead of exactly to your back, you pass out within a minute or so.
See, I don't think that standing up is an issue once your partial hanging procedure is optimized. For me, I sit much lower (knees make a 90 degree angle, like I'm sitting on a chair). I also pass out under 20 seconds–closer to 15. I think this is mostly because I drop hard and fast from standing to sitting position, which applies more pressure to the neck and leads to faster unconsciousness whereas you had a shorter drop, presumably slower and more gradual. I also feel very little pain or discomfort of any kind when hanging in this way. When I used to try to ease in, rather than a sudden drop, I got the pain, difficulty swallowing, pressure in the head, and did not feel like I was going to pass out. In fact, I gave up on handing as a method for a few months and started researching others. Then later, on a whim I tried the sudden drop, which changed everything. The change to suddenness is probably the biggest improvement I made to my procedure

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheGoodGuy, DoneWithThis, Soul and 2 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
See, I don't think that standing up is an issue once your partial hanging procedure is optimized. For me, I sit much lower (knees make a 90 degree angle, like I'm sitting on a chair). I also pass out under 20 seconds–closer to 15. I think this is mostly because I drop hard and fast from standing to sitting position, which applies more pressure to the neck and leads to faster unconsciousness whereas you had a shorter drop, and presumably slower and more gradual. I also feel very little pain or discomfort of any kind when hanging in this way. When I used to try to ease in, rather than a sudden drop, I got the pain, difficulty swallowing, pressure in the head, and very little feelings of passing out. The change to suddenness is probably the biggest improvement I made to my procedure

What do you think has stopped you from completing the act 100%?

Reactions: Mstrflshr and planmd
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
What do you think has stopped you from completing the act 100%?
I haven't attempted yet–just dialed in the method for when the time is right.

The biggest thing stopping me has been the effect my suicide would have on others. I know my immediate family would be devastated, and I'm also an active part of a wider community that would be significantly damaged in the short term.

I find myself in a weird twilight zone where I have no interest in being alive and certainly have the means to end it, but can't make the positive choice to do so because it would be too hurtful to people. I would have ctb years ago if not for that reason.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DoneWithThis, Soul, GinaIsReady and 2 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
I haven't attempted yet–just dialed in the method for when the time is right.

The biggest thing stopping me has been the effect my suicide would have on others. I know my immediate family would be devastated, and I'm also an active part of a wider community that would be significantly damaged in the short term.

I find myself in a weird twilight zone where I have no interest in being alive and certainly have the means to end it, but can't make the positive choice to do so because it would be too hurtful to people. I would have ctb years ago if not for that reason.

I feel the same way. I truly do not want to hurt those around me but I do not have it in me to create a life for myself

• Hugs
Reactions: rue, Soul, GinaIsReady and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I feel the same way. I truly do not want to hurt those around me but I do not have it in me to create a life for myself
Exactly. I hate that opting out isn't a socially acceptable choice and that having the desire to opt out means you're "mentally ill." Some people would just prefer non existence over existence and that's fine—we should be able to leave without it being a tragedy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: rue, HGL91, DoneWithThis and 2 others
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Exactly. I hate that opting out isn't a socially acceptable choice and that having the desire to opt out means you're "mentally ill." Some people would just prefer non existence over existence and that's fine—we should be able to leave without it being a tragedy.

None of us asked to be brought into existence yet we are expected to not only be here but to work our whole lives existentially so we don't make other sad

Reactions: rue, usernameNotFound and Partial-Elf
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019

The video makes this look so easy. I was surprised to see the big thick collar thing used rather than rope, scarves - something narrow, now wide like the black collar thing.

Reactions: whyidon'tknow, planmd and Partial-Elf
W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Update: Tried full suspension only to realize that the spot I chose and my back up spot I can touch the floor with my goddamn feet

• Hugs
D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
Why is this guy's partial attempt such a mystery to people? The rope was long enough to let him crouch down so he could do the pass out trick, so when he passed out, he fell to the floor with his legs crumpled under him, which took the pressure off his neck from the noose

A better question is how everyone managed to surpass the SI preventing you from letting yourself pass out l

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
Why is this guy's partial attempt such a mystery to people? The rope was long enough to let him crouch down so he could do the pass out trick, so when he passed out, he fell to the floor with his legs crumpled under him, which took the pressure off his neck from the noose

A better question is how everyone managed to surpass the SI preventing you from letting yourself pass out l
Alcohol

Reactions: Faraway1990
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I've tried drinking ALOT before attempting partial hng-a whole bottle of wine once-another time loads of g & t's-but my SI is so so strong- I descend into extreme &intense fear, and it feels so uncomfortable and horrible it makes me feel so sick, how can I over come this strong SI as I really do want to do it? I kind of wish I wasnt so sane, as maybe it would be easier-even though those that know I have a desire to ctb think I have a mental illmess-I believe you can be of sound mind and have a profound desire to end yr life. I tried it everyday for for about 3 months and more times after that, im too scared to do a train jump to, I literally do not know how anyone that is clinically sane can oversome the SI?!

Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I made sure my life is so fucked that I have no other choice left. It worked but I was too stupid to die. It worked so well that it is almost impossible to not try and kill myself again in the near Future since I'm just fucked now.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Yes, well that is the kind of the same, ive ruined my life, strangely I feel the opposite, that I am too intelligent to do it-not in an academic way as such, but rather I am a very deep thinker and my mind runs very fast and I have a million thoughts a minute, and now it feels like I have simply over thought it, for wayyyy too long rather than have done it, in that moment of impulsivity my SI was still too strong and now it is like I have over thought it to such a huge degree I can not do the deed, so I am trapped in my own personal version of hell and deep existential despair-my only escape is sleep-when I wake up its like i'm living a nightmare, though many highly intelligent people-writers, scientists, philosophers etc...manage to do it, so I wonder how they over come thinking about itso much...and to go against the very essence of human nature-which is strongly built in- to survive and live-even if for what ever reason-their life has become a living hell...like my brain and body will not let me do it...even though I have no doubt at all in my mind that I really have nothing to live for now, too much has gone wrong! I feel so awful to say that & so guilty for those that are gravely ill and fighting to live and that is all they want, I wish I could trade with them, as I cant help how I feel. It so sad some people are dying and desperately want to live where as for me it the other way round-which just makes me feel very guilty and deepens my lack of self worth-deepening my desire to die...
btw not sure if I should have started another thread for my posts..never been on a forum before...so dont't really understand how it all works tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: adam&eve
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
i wonder would taking two diazepan help me overcome SI or maybe id just fall asleep before I had a chance to set it up properly

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
If I only I knew where to get some
Potassium Cyanide

D

Deleted member 847

Try to kneel on the chair with one leg kneeling "out of the chair", while the other leg is still on the chair. Maybe you'll create enough pressure to pass out (I say maybe because I don't know how different your body is compared to mine). When you've passed out, your body shouldn't be on that chair anymore.

Partial test 3

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sadafs

Aug 20, 2023

I'm too scared to watch videos can you tell me where the majority of successful people tie the noose? And what knot is used

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I'm too scared to watch videos can you tell me where the majority of successful people tie the noose? And what knot is used
Use a noose knot. Position the knot at the back or on the left side behind the ear. Have the noose high up to the jaw.

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88