I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
they don't get me like you guys do. oh well. it's not like I don't have trust issues to work through.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TrashBean, Woodnote, Oyoy and 1 other person
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
they don't get me like you guys do. oh well. it's not like I don't have trust issues to work through.
Me to had a profile up for a year and no one i mean no one reply. Thats when the penny dropped and i knew i will be spending the rest of my life alone. Never mind its for the best not much of a people person.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TrashBean, Élégie, MoreThanAFeeling and 3 others
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
I also had bad luck trying dating sites. If the world thinks we are messed up, than they should meet those people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TrashBean, Woodnote and Oyoy
Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I can't use dating sites. I hate wasting my time on people who aren't anything like me. I can't fake conversations, so if there isn't any chemistry online there won't be irl. Every person I've dated online has come from a forum, because it's much easier for me to be interested in someone based off how/what they post than it is for me to be interested in a random pic of a stranger.

Reactions: Élégie, MoreThanAFeeling, charlottewilts and 3 others
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
They look so very frightening. I keep hearing stories about nightmare dates that turn bad.
It makes me so glad I'm old and past the age to need such things. And so concerned and sad for the young people that have to take their life in their hands in this way.

Reactions: Mizzmini45
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I used them once yrs ago, I met one person local to me, she didn't look like her profile pic, she was ok to talk to though, nothing came of it. Never used dating sites again.

Last edited:
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I've never tried online dating. From what I've read it's a waste of time if you're a guy unless you are really attractive because women are flooded with interest by hundreds of guys so naturally they get to pick and choose and naturally they pick the most attractive guys. I don't blame them for this, I mean if you have that many options of course you're going to pick the cream of the crop it's just logical.

Honestly the whole dating scenario seems so skewed for women these days because of dating apps by giving women access to far more men to choose from than ever before in all of history that if you're a regular guy you only have two choices.

Either You have to work really hard to get a date and if you're really lucky it'll turn into a relationship but you'll have to face rejection/being ghosted/being ignored hundreds/thousands of times before you succeed. This option is extremely inefficient, a time drain, could destroy your self esteem leaving you worse off than before you even tried, and may make you feel even more lonely than before. Or the other option is you to travel to another country, a poorer one, and you find a girlfriend there since a lot of the these women don't have the laundry list of expectations, they just want a decent guy who will treat them right and give them a better life than their native country can offer.

Dating for women is the best it has ever been. The only downside women have from the absolutely enormous options they have is the paradox of choice. They have so many options, too many possibly, that they cannot decide and are unable to pick a guy and settle down since they always wonder if someone better is out there. Meanwhile if you're a regular guy it's pretty fucking grim and a huge battle to get anything.

Reactions: thepolarbear
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
-Good looks
-Wealth
-Smooth talker/funny

If you have neither of the above you're going to have a bad time in the online dating world.

I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
apparently I talk too much. living in isolating with no one to talk to but cats hasn't treated me well. it scares most people off

Reactions: Marine