lonesomedrifter

lonesomedrifter

To begin again, you have to let go
May 6, 2024
I dont think this has been discussed in the forum, as I couldn't find it.

What would happen if I leave in my tampon until I get TSS? I got my period again today. I know it sounds cruel, but I feel helpless and crave self harm as well as potential death. Has anyone ever heard of CTB with this method?
Also, I think this method would be a nice way to make the death seem more like a medical condition than suicide

I'm very curious

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
There's no guarantee you will get it. I know people who have accidentally had sex with one in and effectively lost it and 3 months later they were completely fine, just had to get it removed by a OBGYN. I don't think this is reliable at all as a method or form of self harm.

Edit: As a general rule, if it has gone undiscussed, chances are there is good reason for that. It NEVER hurts to ask questions, esp if you haven't run across a certain subject. <3

Last edited:
Reactions: lonesomedrifter and korra
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
More likely than not, unless you have an impaired immune system, you'll just end up with a horrible smell down there and some sort of localized infection in your vagina. Toxic shock syndrome is incredibly rare, despite the manual in the box making it seem like you'll end up with it if you leave a tampon in for one extra hour.

• Love
Reactions: Decided98, annointed_towers, divinemistress36 and 4 others
W

watchingfigsdrop

Sep 1, 2024
I dont think this has been discussed in the forum, as I couldn't find it.

What would happen if I leave in my tampon until I get TSS? I got my period again today. I know it sounds cruel, but I feel helpless and crave self harm as well as potential death. Has anyone ever heard of CTB with this method?
Also, I think this method would be a nice way to make the death seem more like a medical condition than suicide

I'm very curious
This is TMI, but here we go:
When I was a teenager, I used a tampon for the first time. I was frightened of them. I forgot about the tampon and had sex with it in, and it was pushed inside of me- and I didn't even know it, perhaps because I didn't even know what sex was supposed to feel like at the time, it had always been painful. Afterwards, he noticed the condom was missing. I told him he must have forgotten to put one on and was furious. My period effectively stopped that cycle, and during my next period, I felt like I was having pregnancy convulsions or something (I have never given birth, only had an ectopic pregnancy similar to a miscarriage, so take this comparison with a grain of salt). Lo and behold, amongst more menstrual blood than I had ever had, and more than I have ever had since (barring the ectopic), in the bowl was both the condom and what I could barely tell was the tampon.

All I'm saying is that this is unreliable, could result in a lot of pain, is not as passive as it may seem, and whilst I can't say for sure, I think you're likely to not only survive it, but just be very uncomfortable or hospitalized.

Good luck.

Edit: I consider myself very lucky that my body dispelled both foreign objects. You may not be as lucky if it gets lost, and may need medical intervention as someone else mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: lonesomedrifter and opheliaoveragain
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
toxic shock syndrome is so rare. It affects 1/100,000 people in the us according to the CDC. Also, it is extremely painful and takes (relative to the other methods on here) a long time to kill you (48+ hours) if you manage to get it.

• Informative
Reactions: Decided98, lonesomedrifter and opheliaoveragain