therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I don't have anything left to do. I have lost interest for things I used to enjoy because it all just seems so pointless to me. I sit here looking for something to watch on Netflix. But I can't choose. And why should I watch anything anyway? Nothing seems interesting. Then for 5 minutes I debate in my head whether I should have some chocolate, which will make me feel crappy, make an omlette, which would be too much effort, have some cereal or have a banana. I decide on having nothing because I am not even hungry. What now? I hate this feeling of emptiness that pervades me. Does anyone else feel like this ever? The only thing I can get mildly excited about is planning a more peaceful way to ctb. It feels like shit.

Reactions: myopybyproxy, Istanbulite, lululoo and 27 others
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
I don't have anything left to do. I have lost interest for things I used to enjoy because it all just seems so pointless to me. I sit here looking for something to watch on Netflix. But I can't choose. And why should I watch anything anyway? Nothing seems interesting. Then for 5 minutes I debate in my head whether I should have some chocolate, which will make me feel crappy, make an omlette, which would be too much effort, have some cereal or have a banana. I decide on having nothing because I am not even hungry. What now? I hate this feeling of emptiness that pervades me. Does anyone else feel like this ever? The only thing I can get mildly excited about is planning a more peaceful way to ctb. It feels like shit.
That's pretty much the definition of depression. I experience the same thing. I used to be an extremely stoked outdoorsman- fishing, skiing, hiking, mountaineering constantly. Now its a challenge to get out of bed and I debate the point of doing the smallest things. Once I became suicidal, it all got much worse. Then, everything seems REALLY pointless. Its hard to pull out of. I certainly haven't. Although I recently stopped taking my celexa and realized it was making me much worse.

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Deleted member 4993 and 10 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah, that's exactly what I get. Like I'm in some kind of limbo, dragging myself through each day. I used to get excited by the thought of seeing my friends but in the past week I've stopped caring. I think I could very easily shut off contact with everyone without batting an eye at this point and drift through my day on YouTube and SS now. I wish there was some way we could get rid of our emptiness. Sending you hugs ♡

Reactions: lululoo, stellabelle, Lifeisatrap and 9 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah, that's exactly what I get. Like I'm in some kind of limbo, dragging myself through each day. I used to get excited by the thought of seeing my friends but in the past week I've stopped caring. I think I could very easily shut off contact with everyone without batting an eye at this point and drift through my day on YouTube and SS now. I wish there was some way we could get rid of our emptiness. Sending you hugs ♡

Hugs ♡

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@therhydler :-( I'm sorry you are in this boat, honey. It's a tedious, boring, soul destroying place to be, isn't it? I have an A4 notebook and I tear out a page, and I tear it into 4 pieces to represent 4 chunks of the day. Then I write on my pieces tiny things to do - even if it's just file my nails or run a bath! And at the end of each 4 pieces I put a treat down. It helps me as I've always been a list person. Sending you a big hug and large packet of digestives ❤️❤️

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 6 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
@therhydler :-( I'm sorry you are in this boat, honey. It's a tedious, boring, soul destroying place to be, isn't it? I have an A4 notebook and I tear out a page, and I tear it into 4 pieces to represent 4 chunks of the day. Then I write on my pieces tiny things to do - even if it's just file my nails or run a bath! And at the end of each 4 pieces I put a treat down. It helps me as I've always been a list person. Sending you a big hug and large packet of digestives ❤️❤️

Aww thank you ♡ maybe I will try this

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 5 others
N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
I understand. I dont want to eat or even watch Tv or go anywhere. Emptiness sucks. Yes, I have all my attention on this thread. Hiding in my room.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, dysfunctional, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
Eating is a chore

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Aww thank you ♡ maybe I will try this

Are you someone who likes to draw or paint? Any kind of craft? I know how intelligent you are from your writing and your linguistics so do you have a way to unwind? (Before your depression) ❤️

Reactions: stellabelle, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Are you someone who likes to draw or paint? Any kind of craft? I know how intelligent you are from your writing and your linguistics so do you have a way to unwind? (Before your depression) ❤️

Yeah I had many ways but nothing seems to work now :/ I did have a period in my life when I drew a lot, it was fun. Maybe I should try forcing myself to draw, maybe I will find I can enjoy it. Thank you for your care ♡

Reactions: stellabelle, Dead Meat, Redt2go and 7 others
N

Northerngirl1965

Student
Jan 23, 2019
That's pretty much the definition of depression. I experience the same thing. I used to be an extremely stoked outdoorsman- fishing, skiing, hiking, mountaineering constantly. Now its a challenge to get out of bed and I debate the point of doing the smallest things. Once I became suicidal, it all got much worse. Then, everything seems REALLY pointless. Its hard to pull out of. I certainly haven't. Although I recently stopped taking my celexa and realized it was making me much worse.
Very hard to get out of bed. This forum is the only thing keeping me horizontal and I used to be a runner. Masters in psych and all, What good does it do me???

Reactions: lululoo, Lifeisatrap, dysfunctional and 6 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Very hard to get out of bed. This forum is the only thing keeping me horizontal and I used to be a runner. Masters in psych and all, What good does it do me???

:( hugs

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 3 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
I feel exactly the same, then again many, if not most depressed people do. It makes me desperate and angry with myself. I'm sorry I don't have useful advice, but I would be a shit advisor if I tried.
I really hope the therapist you talked about the other day will turn out to be helpful. Hang in there girl❤️

Reactions: stellabelle, Redt2go, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I feel exactly the same, then again many, if not most depressed people do. It makes me desperate and angry with myself. I'm sorry I don't have useful advice, but I would be a shit advisor if I tried.
I really hope the therapist you talked about the other day will turn out to be helpful. Hang in there girl❤️

Thank you ♡

Reactions: stellabelle, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Yupppp all the time. Black mirror is really good though

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993, ctrl_alt_delete and 1 other person
ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

r e p l i c a n t
Nov 14, 2018

I used to run every day, to and from my IT project management job. Eat healthily. Dress smartly. All of that everything. This past year I haven't even been able to watch a movie all the way through. I have no interest in anything, except ctb, and spending time here until I do. And yet I don't feel dead inside, but rather as if some huge mass of freezing water is held back by only the flimsiest of dams, and I am cheering on the cracks that are appearing in the dam wall. Just to let it all flow through me and let it all go...

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 5 others
ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

r e p l i c a n t
Nov 14, 2018
This is for you @therhydler <3
Also sending cherry bakewells xx

iu

Reactions: TheBlackSwordsman, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 5 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
This is for you @therhydler <3
Also sending cherry bakewells xx

iu

Awwww thank you ♡ I love cats... my boy is the only thing that calms me a bit... stroking him or feeding him...

Reactions: stellabelle, Lifeisatrap, Dead Meat and 6 others