Vertigo

Vertigo

Feb 2, 2020
Today I tried to kill myself by partial but as expected SI kicked in at the last second, afterwards I was so emotionally tired that I had to vent to someone.
I told my mother that I needed professional help, that I had a very deep depression among other problems... I also ended up telling her I have suicidal thoughts.
But her answer surprised me cause I expected her to freak out atleast a little, she laughed and told me it's normal because I was alone for a long time and away from home, and that we will see a psychiatrist as soon as I get back home.
Not sure what to make out of her response.

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Mh it is really hard to tell without knowing you, your mother and the all the nuances. Was it more a nervous laughter or did it seem dismissive to you?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Feb 2, 2020
Mh it is really hard to tell without knowing you, your mother and the all the nuances. Was it more a nervous laughter or did it seem dismissive to you?
it was dismissive, whenever I try to open up I get laughed at and not taken seriously

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Okay I just wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes people laugh because they're uncomfortable.

Do you have anyone else to talk to about this openly?