• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Today was absolutely terrible for me and my mental state. I had a long work day, and I was aware it would be long. I volunteered to stay at an area assuming it would be brief and basically was forced to stay there alone for 7 hours to keep the place watched. The little interactions I did have were with customers who came and I helped them unload their kayaks and canoes. The literal only two positives are that I got a tip (more so my manager who drove them got a tip, but he split it 50/50 since I helped unload the trailer), and that tomorrow is cancelled. Literally had suicidal ideation ALL DAY, for the whole 7 hours I was alone. Obviously, I still plan on pushing though even though it's hard. I'm determined to not be a quitter, and challenge that notion that I and others have. I even think of myself as a quitter and it makes me feel terrible. I think the earliest I'm willing to leave is around Mid-July and the latest I'll stay is early August, like right at the start, I'm out of that place. I can't wait for that day, as my classes start soon after and I get to back to the stuff I enjoy more, academics and computer science stuff.

Tldr: TODAY FUCKING SUCKED lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth, Praestat_Mori, jar-baby and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Hang in there. Metaphorically speaking.

It's so hard to do your tasks/duties while SIMULTANEOUSLY managing what you feel on the inside. And if no one is aware of your feelings (or puts due stock in them) then they don't appreciate the challenge that poses. So I give you kudos for what you managed to do.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, Praestat_Mori, ThatStateOfMind and 1 other person
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Hang in there. Metaphorically speaking.

It's so hard to do your tasks/duties while SIMULTANEOUSLY managing what you feel on the inside. And if no one is aware of your feelings (or puts due stock in them) then they don't appreciate the challenge that poses. So I give you kudos for what you managed to do.
I'm trying. It is very hard because I also don't relate to a lot of my coworkers. I'm a very progressive type of person, way more liberal than conservative. They are full blown conservatives. The worst part is the homophobia. I'm not gay or part of the LGBT in any way, but it's wild to hear these people have so much hatred towards people loving who they want, saying they can "keep their gay to themselves" as if it's some sort of infectious disease. Some of them I'm sure hold different values but didn't speak up, same as me. They did give me props and promised I'd see the water today if we were working (we aren't, bad weather got us cancelled). Thank you though, your comment means a lot, and I plan on trying to stick this out for as long as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I'm trying. It is very hard because I also don't relate to a lot of my coworkers. I'm a very progressive type of person, way more liberal than conservative. They are full blown conservatives. The worst part is the homophobia. I'm not gay or part of the LGBT in any way, but it's wild to hear these people have so much hatred towards people loving who they want, saying they can "keep their gay to themselves" as if it's some sort of infectious disease. Some of them I'm sure hold different values but didn't speak up, same as me. They did give me props and promised I'd see the water today if we were working (we aren't, bad weather got us cancelled). Thank you though, your comment means a lot, and I plan on trying to stick this out for as long as possible.
Years ago I was on a Pride march and someone was there with a sign about "practicing homosexuals". I stopped and asked how many times a night I had to practice before I got my qualification certificate. He either didn't understand or didn't want to. Anyway I got told off by the stewards as so many people stopped to laugh that the march threatened to turn into chaos.

Just my silly way of saying thanks for giving a damn when you don't have to. It means more than you'll ever, ever know xx

Reactions: Forveleth
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
Years ago I was on a Pride march and someone was there with a sign about "practicing homosexuals". I stopped and asked how many times a night I had to practice before I got my qualification certificate. He either didn't understand or didn't want to. Anyway I got told off by the stewards as so many people stopped to laugh that the march threatened to turn into chaos.

Just my silly way of saying thanks for giving a damn when you don't have to. It means more than you'll ever, ever know xx
Ugh, that sucks. Your response was funny though. Excellent use of quick wit in the face of ignorance. Honestly, I think it's important to give a damn about stuff like this, especially in America where it feels like we're slowly backtracking and stripping rights. If conservatives had it their way, I'm almost certain gay marriage would be banned. I'm glad my words mean a lot, and I truly hope the world becomes less ignorant towards others :)

• Love
Reactions: Ash and Forveleth